Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,913 Users Online:0
Games:754  Posts:6,270,942
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

WildStar

WildStar 

General Discussion  » Good guy devs

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  User Deleted
5/22/14 6:14:51 PM#21
Originally posted by IceAge
Originally posted by Malabooga
Originally posted by IceAge
Originally posted by asmkm22
If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

And then people will bash a company for not .. supporting the community , or because they are greedy , or because they are not donating to X charity organization or because they are not helping in general. 

Why don't you shut up. I so don't like those with this kind of "conspiracy theories". 

I am sure you are one of the many who's bashing a billionaire for not helping, yet he might donate/help in silence , just as you said.

 

If that hypotethical billionaire is helping he doesnt really care some forum goer bashes him. Hes helping because he WANTS to, not to advertise his product. Theres a whole world between those 2.

If you want to donate and help donate and help, bragging and yelling how you donated and helped so everyone knows you did....advertising your product the whole time....yeah right.

Wow! Such attitude. You and .. the other guy who just commented. 

As for the billionaire exemple, stop reading between lines or gtfo. It's not about him caring about guys like you, who bash those who helps. I was saying that you and your type of haters, are the ones who bash a guy like that, for the simple fact that he's not helping, because hey, he got billions so why he's not donating? Then I said that maybe he helps, in silence , like your type of haters want, but then guess what? You wouldn't knew and you'ld still bash him. 

But in the end, if the said billionaire start to donate to X charity but through one of his company ( because you know, donating large amount of cash through a company helps you and that charity ) , you will keep hating, because hey, his marketing his company. Never mind he might donate to X charity who happens to donate all the money to an hospital which in this case will help lots and lots of people. No no , hating is way more cool then caring about some ... people with their problems right?

Let me ask you something, what do you think about Bill Gates, who has a very strong charity organization which helps lots of people? Before you answer to my question, remember, Bill Gates = Microsoft. So whenever you or someone from this planet see Bill Gates and know who it is, your first think will be : Microsoft ( hence, market publicity for your kind ) .

I never saw an advert for bill gates charity organisation. Ever.

Did he advertise windows through his charity organisation? Or office maybe?

Can you post a link where his charity organization advertises microsoft products?

Such attitude...dude, youre not even aware what youre saying rofl

  IceAge

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 1022

5/22/14 6:24:22 PM#22
Originally posted by Deddmeat

 


Originally posted by Tsuru

Originally posted by asmkm22 If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.
So your saying that no company should advertise for anything that is for good. So red cross or any organization accepting donations should never advertise their good deeds and just let people find out about it. Great way to have nothing get done.

 

No, he's saying that people should recognise it wasn't just Carbine caring, it had a marketing angle to it as well. Which is perfectly fine and as has been said they were helping rather than the various other ways companies try to raise awareness/profile

As for the Red Cross etc marketing, everyone expects that from them as they are basically an aid agency rather than say .. A games company. Though the advertising by various cancer ads etc does get a bit much.

No, you missed the point here. While you are right, that this indeed will help Carbine in the long run too, asmkm22 , idea of silence donating is .... very stupid.

I would rather see news everywhere with companies/people who donate AND promote their services then not seeing any , or to listen to those bashers.

In the end, I agree that there are also many companies who just help only to have a profit , but you know what? Things are different. I am different then you, so do companies are . Not everyone donate just for profit.

A very good exemple is this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

I don't care why they did it. However I am glad they did it and also glad for the people who received the gifts. They made their day a lot better.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  IceAge

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 1022

5/22/14 6:29:06 PM#23
Originally posted by Malabooga
Originally posted by IceAge
Originally posted by Malabooga
Originally posted by IceAge
Originally posted by asmkm22
If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

And then people will bash a company for not .. supporting the community , or because they are greedy , or because they are not donating to X charity organization or because they are not helping in general. 

Why don't you shut up. I so don't like those with this kind of "conspiracy theories". 

I am sure you are one of the many who's bashing a billionaire for not helping, yet he might donate/help in silence , just as you said.

 

If that hypotethical billionaire is helping he doesnt really care some forum goer bashes him. Hes helping because he WANTS to, not to advertise his product. Theres a whole world between those 2.

If you want to donate and help donate and help, bragging and yelling how you donated and helped so everyone knows you did....advertising your product the whole time....yeah right.

Wow! Such attitude. You and .. the other guy who just commented. 

As for the billionaire exemple, stop reading between lines or gtfo. It's not about him caring about guys like you, who bash those who helps. I was saying that you and your type of haters, are the ones who bash a guy like that, for the simple fact that he's not helping, because hey, he got billions so why he's not donating? Then I said that maybe he helps, in silence , like your type of haters want, but then guess what? You wouldn't knew and you'ld still bash him. 

But in the end, if the said billionaire start to donate to X charity but through one of his company ( because you know, donating large amount of cash through a company helps you and that charity ) , you will keep hating, because hey, his marketing his company. Never mind he might donate to X charity who happens to donate all the money to an hospital which in this case will help lots and lots of people. No no , hating is way more cool then caring about some ... people with their problems right?

Let me ask you something, what do you think about Bill Gates, who has a very strong charity organization which helps lots of people? Before you answer to my question, remember, Bill Gates = Microsoft. So whenever you or someone from this planet see Bill Gates and know who it is, your first think will be : Microsoft ( hence, market publicity for your kind ) .

I never saw an advert for bill gates charity organisation. Ever.

Did he advertise windows through his charity organisation? Or office maybe?

Can you post a link where his charity organization advertises microsoft products?

Such attitude...dude, youre not even aware what youre saying rofl

Man, WTF? Did you actually read what I was saying? Bill Gates = Microsoft. He does not need a banner to say that. He alone can be taken as a "banner" in the eyes of people like you.  

Way to read between lines.

Also, stop quoting me please. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  Deddmeat

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 332

Not sure how I got K.A.E.S last PvP was CoD and UO lol

5/22/14 6:33:08 PM#24

Attitude ??

I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with.

AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted.

Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.

  IceAge

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 1022

5/22/14 6:42:25 PM#25
Originally posted by Deddmeat

Attitude ??

I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with.

AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted.

Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.

Why are you referring to me? I think you miss-understand my quote. I was talking about asm22 or something and the guy I was quoting Malaboga or kind of.  You have a separated quote from me, for your comment.

Exactly , for me at least, it matters the things they do. I don't really care why they do it. Unless if by donating , they will nuke the world, but that's another story :)

 

 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  Deddmeat

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 332

Not sure how I got K.A.E.S last PvP was CoD and UO lol

5/22/14 7:03:47 PM#26


Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by Deddmeat Attitude ?? I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with. AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted. Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.
Why are you referring to me? I think you miss-understand my quote. I was talking about asm22 or something and the guy I was quoting Malaboga or kind of.  You have a separated quote from me, for your comment.

Exactly , for me at least, it matters the things they do. I don't really care why they do it. Unless if by donating , they will nuke the world, but that's another story :)

 

 



Sorry about that .. Your 'the other guy who just commented' caught me when you posted

Nuke the world .. That made me chuckle, though thinking about it I'm sure there are a few who'd manage it

  Orious

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/09/08
Posts: 360

5/22/14 7:39:30 PM#27

I played WS beta until 15 or so and uninstalled....but in my opinion they went above and beyond. For the "marketing" plug, this may make people who are on-the-fence purchase, but if you don't like the game this isn't going to help much. I believe this is more of the personality of the devs than anything else...and only because the devs have done such a good job with the game so far that the business people are even letting them waste time on other people (solid game eventhough it's not my type of mmo).

Anyways. Good for them. And good for Jennifer.

  Siphaed

Elite Member

Joined: 1/17/08
Posts: 788

5/23/14 2:00:14 AM#28

This was a nice and great thing they did.    First let's clarify that they originally started a CONTEST that was meant to advertise their product while visiting a fan's house based on awesome tweets.   Then they found a fan who's son is going away for military service -on the same day as launch, no less- and her husband recently underwent surgery.   She won the contest and got the sweet swag for the game, and on top of that they got the word out for helping her husband's medical bills.  

 

To recap:  an already goings on Twitter publicity gets turned into a charity for a fan.

 

Carbine gets ???   Goose egg.  0.  Zero.  Zilch. Nada.  

They gave away their products, a PC, some swag AND spent money for airfare travel and room&board just to visit a fan and provide the service (as previously mentioned in this thread, they could have just as easily mailed it UPS/FedEx style).   This fan gets more on top of that by Carbine providing YouTube links to aid in her family's need with the surgery/medical bills.   It's give-give-give-give-give.   At most...at most Carbine gets a bit of lip service word-of-mouth advertisement for their product.  

 

 

Now let's turn to some of the comparisons to Blizzard's "charity" that have been brought up in this thread.    50%  What's that number?  That's how much of a cut Blizzard pockets while the other 50% goes to the Charity.   These 'special aide events' that they hold is nothing more than a shill for their cash shop for a new item that they can sell en mass.    They're not giving away any of their money that they already have, instead they're creating a mini item and giving away PART of the money that other people are purchasing that thing in hopes of charity's sake.   So, the players are donating while giving Blizzard money simultaneously and none the wiser that Blizzard isn't giving any of their own money to this Charity (unless they're doing a donate match, which I don't think they've done from what I've searched).  

 

 

  kanechart

Tipster

Joined: 6/07/03
Posts: 602

5/23/14 2:09:39 AM#29
Originally posted by Siphaed

This was a nice and great thing they did.    First let's clarify that they originally started a CONTEST that was meant to advertise their product while visiting a fan's house based on awesome tweets.   Then they found a fan who's son is going away for military service -on the same day as launch, no less- and her husband recently underwent surgery.   She won the contest and got the sweet swag for the game, and on top of that they got the word out for helping her husband's medical bills.  

 

To recap:  an already goings on Twitter publicity gets turned into a charity for a fan.

 

Carbine gets ???   Goose egg.  0.  Zero.  Zilch. Nada.  

They gave away their products, a PC, some swag AND spent money for airfare travel and room&board just to visit a fan and provide the service (as previously mentioned in this thread, they could have just as easily mailed it UPS/FedEx style).   This fan gets more on top of that by Carbine providing YouTube links to aid in her family's need with the surgery/medical bills.   It's give-give-give-give-give.   At most...at most Carbine gets a bit of lip service word-of-mouth advertisement for their product.  

 

 

Now let's turn to some of the comparisons to Blizzard's "charity" that have been brought up in this thread.    50%  What's that number?  That's how much of a cut Blizzard pockets while the other 50% goes to the Charity.   These 'special aide events' that they hold is nothing more than a shill for their cash shop for a new item that they can sell en mass.    They're not giving away any of their money that they already have, instead they're creating a mini item and giving away PART of the money that other people are purchasing that thing in hopes of charity's sake.   So, the players are donating while giving Blizzard money simultaneously and none the wiser that Blizzard isn't giving any of their own money to this Charity (unless they're doing a donate match, which I don't think they've done from what I've searched).  

 

 

This. People will NEVER EVER GET This. Blizzard might of donated a Million to charity...  But they pocket half of it.. They might as well be called scum of the earth for this... It's like me going around collecting money for Charity and taking half of it myself... The only work I did was design a fing pet... And it's worse then that.. Most people thought the mount/pet bundle means that it went 50% to charity... But it was ONLY THE PET gets 50%...

 

Blizzard Milked people so bad in the name of Charity. WildStar Devs not NCSoft. Not NCSoft level went to someone who has had nothing but issues. Her sign signup not to fight for his country because he and his family has no money no support nothing. WildStar Devs thought it be a wonderful way to make her happy and to show support for her cause. Yeah so what marketing. At least their not scamming. 

Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

  IfrianMMO

Novice Member

Joined: 8/21/12
Posts: 212

5/23/14 11:09:30 AM#30
Originally posted by Copypasterino
Idc some companies are marketing their game throwing money to build ridiculous chopper while other are juste being nice with fans. I made my choice.

 BLIZZARD:

2010: Blizzard donates 1.1 million to Make-A-Wish Foundation

2011: Blizzard donates $800,000 to Make-A-Wish Foundation

2011: Blizzard donates 1.9 million to Japan earthquake (Red Cross)

2012: Blizzard donates $331,000 to St. Judes Children Hospital

2013: Blizzard donates 2.3 million to Sandy Relief (Red Cross)

2013: Blizzard donates close to 300.000$ to Children's Miracle Hospital.

2014: Blizzard donates 1 million to Make-A-Wish Foundation
 

It is also pathetic how you guys always come out to talk about that one time they only have 50% of the profits while conveniently ignoring how they gave 100% of the profits many other times, including to help the survivors and victims of super storm Sandy.

 

They have also personally helped dozens of cancer patients and sick kids both by making them a permanent part of the game or giving them plenty of gifts or even help to get better,  and know what? They did not make a YT video out of it.

 

But of course, you haters are too busy hating Blizzard to even have researched or noticed any of this and only care to pretend that Blizzard is the devil incarnate turned game company.

Your hate is literally pathetic.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search