Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,446 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,403
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Ninja Anime Pirates Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Grimrock 2 Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Overwatch Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Rebel Galaxy Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Conflict Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Triad Wars Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warriors World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Elder Scrolls Online

Elder Scrolls Online 

Reviews & Impressions  » This time it´s different

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
29 posts found
  User Deleted
 
OP  3/29/14 3:01:56 AM#1

I was playing WoW since the first day and for around 6 years. After that i tried LotRO, GW 1 and 2, SWToR. I was always looking forward to these games, giving them a fair chance. The best of these games was LotRO since i´m a huge LotR fan, i like the books, i kinda like the movies too. I played it for a few months, it was just not getting me. Same with GW. I was so excited about the start of GW2. I had so many expectations to this game. But there were so many downsides i did not like. There was no progression. At first i liked the idea but then it was getting a bit boring, considering that the story and quests werent as catching as i thought at the beginning. There was no real motivation playing it longer than a few montchs get to max level, finish the story. I also hated the fact that there was PVE/PVP gear. I´d like to earn my gear, making me better in PvP. SWToR was no game for me from the beginning. Just tried it but it was getting boring very early.

So now we are 29 hours away from release to ESO and it feels different this time. I am not thatt hyped because of marketing or because everybody saying that this game is sooo cool or because there were 5 Million beta testers (i mean c´mon). I just made my own opinion during the Beta Tests, really thinking about whether the game is worth the money or not.

Now that i´m a student and working 20 hours i don´t have not that much time and money either, so i really tried to get it to the game, looking what it has to offer. As you can see, i approved it as a great game.

There is so much to do in there. So there´s questing which plays a big part for me in this game, because TES has a rich back story and the Quests are really well told. Or you can farm crafting materials and improve you crafting skills which i also really like. From lower levels on, the items you craft look good and there is a bit of a complexity (but other games do have a "better" crafting system) in it. You can use your PVE gear in PVP.

Oh PvP, it´s just huge and it makes so much fun. I don´t care that sometimes there are Zergs. Sometimes i just sneak through the lands going behind enemy lines waiting there what´s happening. There were some very thriling experiences in there. The world is awesome, there is so much to explore, and you really get rewarded by exploring. Not as much as in the single player games but it´s ok. I do love the idea of the endgame content, but we will see how it will work out. Anyway it will last months till i´m able to think about endgame. But to know, there is so much you can do ingame is so motivating. That was my problem with GW2. Sure there were many things to do but i just didnt get the feeling that it did mind what i was doing.

So the feeling is so much different. This time i was honest to myself, saying 'give it a try, if you like it play if not it´s just a game'. In the past i always wanted the feeling which i had when playing WoW the first time. I was young and it was my first MMORPG and i got so addicted, it was an awesome time. Now my feeling is quite the same. As i said above, there are so many things that i´m looking forward to do, so much to try out. I will not using guides or any other "helpfull" things. Just dive into the world, enjoying every minute of Tamriel. The game can have millions of players, the best previews but if it just don´t catches you these things doesn´t mind. So it´s about a feeling a game can give you. It has to be something to have fun with.

Last thing i want to say is, that i really trust Zenimax on this. They were listening to the community through the whole beta. There were changes because we wanted them. But also they stand their ground, not changing the pillars of their game so it still feels like a TES game. Also the customer support is very good, they help within hours, let´s see what its like after release.

I hope some of you do like the game also and if not, it´s just a game.

See you in Tamriel!

Cheers

P.S.: i´m no native english speaker, but i think you recognized that :)

  Jimmydean

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1302

3/29/14 3:11:58 AM#2
Seems legit.
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 823

3/29/14 3:14:08 AM#3

I am waiting for the servers to go up and even though i am excited i don't TRUST Zenimax or any other game devs for that matter when it comes to pre release promises. It is all just marketing gimmick to get more people invested in their game.

So lets see a couple of months down the lane if you still feel the same. Because i have read 'this time its different ' topic at release of every new MMO. We often let excitement get better of us and post things which we are embarassed at later on.

  User Deleted
 
OP  3/29/14 3:22:16 AM#4
Originally posted by Whitebeards

I am waiting for the servers to go up and even though i am excited i don't TRUST Zenimax or any other game devs for that matter when it comes to pre release promises. It is all just marketing gimmick to get more people invested in their game.

So lets see a couple of months down the lane if you still feel the same. Because i have read 'this time its different ' topic at release of every new MMO. We often let excitement get better of us and post things which we are embarassed at later on.

 

It´s not that i did not experience disappointments in the past and felt fooled by publishers and developers. I just trust them in a way that i think they COULD be able to improve and develop the game further on. Sure we will see if they actually interessted in in or not. But the fact, that i have to do enough for the next months or year in the game is the reason why i know that i´ll love the game. What comes after that, i don´t know and i do not mind at this time. I just start the game, enjoying it and will not think what will happen after i´ve finished everything what the game has to offer.

 

I know there are many "this time its different" threads but this is more of a "this time its really different" thread :)

  azzamasin

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/06/12
Posts: 2840

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/29/14 3:26:07 AM#5

I was hoping it was going to be but I spent far more time in 5 Beta Weekends trying to convince myself that this is "the one" then I spent enjoying the game.

 

In the end I decided MMO's are no longer my "thang" unless someone comes up with a fast paced MMO which features all the spiritual successors of an Asheron's Call.

 

IMO I have learned I am more suited to ARPG's like Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and Others in the genre.  I'd definitely kill for a 3rd person perspective ARPG with Reticule based WASD movement though.  Elder Scrolls Online was just extremely too slow for my tastes and the loot system left much to be desired.  I'll definitely check it out when it goes F2P though.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

  Aroukos

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/13/13
Posts: 584

3/29/14 3:30:53 AM#6
Originally posted by Whitebeards

I am waiting for the servers to go up and even though i am excited i don't TRUST Zenimax or any other game devs for that matter when it comes to pre release promises. It is all just marketing gimmick to get more people invested in their game.

So lets see a couple of months down the lane if you still feel the same. Because i have read 'this time its different ' topic at release of every new MMO. We often let excitement get better of us and post things which we are embarassed at later on.

 

This^^

I m not up for TESO but i ll play Wildstar. I hope the Carbine devs do their jobs and it wont be another "different" game.

Despite i dont like TESO at all, i hope the same for it. We need quality games, we pay for them anyway :)

  thark

Hard Core Member

Joined: 1/01/03
Posts: 1113

3/29/14 3:34:46 AM#7

As you said several times , It's only a game..:)

If I allow myself to read behind the lines I can say that "it's often" the first MMO that will be played and captures us for long , in your case it was World of Warcraft .

After each game that follows, the time we play has been lessened abit, surly for a multitude of reasons, there is SOOO many big  MMO's that comes out , the game developers slow switch to a more singleplayer focused gameplay, the time it takes to reach max level, the time we have left to play when most of us are having families and work and other responsibilities (getting older :))

I'm often in the same dilemma as you , thinking, may this be the game that will capture me as it did "back in the Days" (I played EQ2 for long:)) but I fear that those Days are over, but yet again here we are, aswell as friends from the old Guild back in the Days.

But I'm fairly certain it will be played by most , but after a few months most will have returned to "longing for that new game" again.sadly.

Well see :) It's only another game !!

 

 

  Knotwood

Novice Member

Joined: 2/08/14
Posts: 1117

3/29/14 3:54:20 AM#8
100% with you man, and the fact that Zenimax has listed to all of its gamers, and the people on the zenimax team are so heart driven to make this the best game ever, with all the stuff in it, adventure zones which we never seen in games before,  quests that have never been in mmorpgs ever before, its truly feeling like we are taking the first step on the moon after 7 years of being stuck on earth.  
  User Deleted
 
OP  3/29/14 4:00:50 AM#9
Originally posted by Knotwood
100% with you man, and the fact that Zenimax has listed to all of its gamers, and the people on the zenimax team are so heart driven to make this the best game ever, with all the stuff in it, adventure zones which we never seen in games before,  quests that have never been in mmorpgs ever before, its truly feeling like we are taking the first step on the moon after 7 years of being stuck on earth.  

 

maybe this is going a bit too far but i can understand that :)

  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 823

3/29/14 4:10:09 AM#10
Originally posted by Knotwood
100% with you man, and the fact that Zenimax has listed to all of its gamers, and the people on the zenimax team are so heart driven to make this the best game ever, with all the stuff in it, adventure zones which we never seen in games before,  quests that have never been in mmorpgs ever before, its truly feeling like we are taking the first step on the moon after 7 years of being stuck on earth.  

 

  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

Joined: 5/14/07
Posts: 8892

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

3/29/14 5:05:53 AM#11
Just try to accept and enjoy the game is what it is....  If you want it to be something different, then you will burn out..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  oldboygamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/11/14
Posts: 142

3/29/14 7:05:14 AM#12
Originally posted by intiorized

I was playing WoW since the first day and for around 6 years. After that i tried LotRO, GW 1 and 2, SWToR. I was always looking forward to these games, giving them a fair chance. The best of these games was LotRO since i´m a huge LotR fan, i like the books, i kinda like the movies too. I played it for a few months, it was just not getting me. Same with GW. I was so excited about the start of GW2. I had so many expectations to this game. But there were so many downsides i did not like. There was no progression. At first i liked the idea but then it was getting a bit boring, considering that the story and quests werent as catching as i thought at the beginning. There was no real motivation playing it longer than a few montchs get to max level, finish the story. I also hated the fact that there was PVE/PVP gear. I´d like to earn my gear, making me better in PvP. SWToR was no game for me from the beginning. Just tried it but it was getting boring very early.

So now we are 29 hours away from release to ESO and it feels different this time. I am not thatt hyped because of marketing or because everybody saying that this game is sooo cool or because there were 5 Million beta testers (i mean c´mon). I just made my own opinion during the Beta Tests, really thinking about whether the game is worth the money or not.

Now that i´m a student and working 20 hours i don´t have not that much time and money either, so i really tried to get it to the game, looking what it has to offer. As you can see, i approved it as a great game.

There is so much to do in there. So there´s questing which plays a big part for me in this game, because TES has a rich back story and the Quests are really well told. Or you can farm crafting materials and improve you crafting skills which i also really like. From lower levels on, the items you craft look good and there is a bit of a complexity (but other games do have a "better" crafting system) in it. You can use your PVE gear in PVP.

Oh PvP, it´s just huge and it makes so much fun. I don´t care that sometimes there are Zergs. Sometimes i just sneak through the lands going behind enemy lines waiting there what´s happening. There were some very thriling experiences in there. The world is awesome, there is so much to explore, and you really get rewarded by exploring. Not as much as in the single player games but it´s ok. I do love the idea of the endgame content, but we will see how it will work out. Anyway it will last months till i´m able to think about endgame. But to know, there is so much you can do ingame is so motivating. That was my problem with GW2. Sure there were many things to do but i just didnt get the feeling that it did mind what i was doing.

So the feeling is so much different. This time i was honest to myself, saying 'give it a try, if you like it play if not it´s just a game'. In the past i always wanted the feeling which i had when playing WoW the first time. I was young and it was my first MMORPG and i got so addicted, it was an awesome time. Now my feeling is quite the same. As i said above, there are so many things that i´m looking forward to do, so much to try out. I will not using guides or any other "helpfull" things. Just dive into the world, enjoying every minute of Tamriel. The game can have millions of players, the best previews but if it just don´t catches you these things doesn´t mind. So it´s about a feeling a game can give you. It has to be something to have fun with.

Last thing i want to say is, that i really trust Zenimax on this. They were listening to the community through the whole beta. There were changes because we wanted them. But also they stand their ground, not changing the pillars of their game so it still feels like a TES game. Also the customer support is very good, they help within hours, let´s see what its like after release.

I hope some of you do like the game also and if not, it´s just a game.

See you in Tamriel!

Cheers

P.S.: i´m no native english speaker, but i think you recognized that :)

 

It feels different every time to me, and every time I'm disappointed. I've got used to accepting second best from the mmo industry. Having said that, I am going to give ESO a chance, but having played the beta I am going into it with no rose-tinted spectacles.

  oldboygamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/11/14
Posts: 142

3/29/14 7:05:52 AM#13
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
Just try to accept and enjoy the game is what it is....  If you want it to be something different, then you will burn out..

 

Good advice.

  User Deleted
 
OP  3/29/14 7:08:50 AM#14
Originally posted by oldboygamer

It feels different every time to me, and every time I'm disappointed. I've got used to accepting second best from the mmo industry. Having said that, I am going to give ESO a chance, but having played the beta I am going into it with no rose-tinted spectacles.

 

Maybe that´s a good way to start a game :)

  User Deleted
3/29/14 7:14:06 AM#15

Sounds to me like the issue wasn't TOR or GW2, but the way you played them. My personal opinion on themeparks like these is to simpy enjoy the leveling experience, try out some of the different stuff the game has and leave because there's no engaging content left. But i have fun.

I'm not playing ESO because i don't think it's worth the sub. If it ever goes F2P/B2P, i'll probably check it out and enjoy it like your saying OP. Anyway, have fun and enjoy yourself. That's what it's all about. 

  Digna

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/19/05
Posts: 2015

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

3/29/14 7:27:27 AM#16
Originally posted by intiorized
Originally posted by oldboygamer

It feels different every time to me, and every time I'm disappointed. I've got used to accepting second best from the mmo industry. Having said that, I am going to give ESO a chance, but having played the beta I am going into it with no rose-tinted spectacles.

 

Maybe that´s a good way to start a game :)

My 1st MMO was 20 years ago. This is the first time in a very long time where I am truly hopeful. The reasoning being that in the betas for the 1st time ever (in memory - mine that is) I didn't care about pushing as far as possible. One beta I spent 5 hours on a character and ended up at level 5 (could have gone further if I had tried, easily) and still had no shoes! I was just having fun wandering. I was amazed and confused.

I have misled myself too many times to not have a good bit of caution to go along with the hopes but .....ESO could be the real thing for me....

  Misao-Yuuki

Novice Member

Joined: 8/31/11
Posts: 1

3/30/14 6:30:39 AM#17
Originally posted by intiorized

I was playing WoW since the first day and for around 6 years. After that i tried LotRO, GW 1 and 2, SWToR. I was always looking forward to these games, giving them a fair chance. The best of these games was LotRO since i´m a huge LotR fan, i like the books, i kinda like the movies too. I played it for a few months, it was just not getting me. Same with GW. I was so excited about the start of GW2. I had so many expectations to this game. But there were so many downsides i did not like. There was no progression. At first i liked the idea but then it was getting a bit boring, considering that the story and quests werent as catching as i thought at the beginning. There was no real motivation playing it longer than a few montchs get to max level, finish the story. I also hated the fact that there was PVE/PVP gear. I´d like to earn my gear, making me better in PvP. SWToR was no game for me from the beginning. Just tried it but it was getting boring very early.

So now we are 29 hours away from release to ESO and it feels different this time. I am not thatt hyped because of marketing or because everybody saying that this game is sooo cool or because there were 5 Million beta testers (i mean c´mon). I just made my own opinion during the Beta Tests, really thinking about whether the game is worth the money or not.

Now that i´m a student and working 20 hours i don´t have not that much time and money either, so i really tried to get it to the game, looking what it has to offer. As you can see, i approved it as a great game.

There is so much to do in there. So there´s questing which plays a big part for me in this game, because TES has a rich back story and the Quests are really well told. Or you can farm crafting materials and improve you crafting skills which i also really like. From lower levels on, the items you craft look good and there is a bit of a complexity (but other games do have a "better" crafting system) in it. You can use your PVE gear in PVP.

Oh PvP, it´s just huge and it makes so much fun. I don´t care that sometimes there are Zergs. Sometimes i just sneak through the lands going behind enemy lines waiting there what´s happening. There were some very thriling experiences in there. The world is awesome, there is so much to explore, and you really get rewarded by exploring. Not as much as in the single player games but it´s ok. I do love the idea of the endgame content, but we will see how it will work out. Anyway it will last months till i´m able to think about endgame. But to know, there is so much you can do ingame is so motivating. That was my problem with GW2. Sure there were many things to do but i just didnt get the feeling that it did mind what i was doing.

So the feeling is so much different. This time i was honest to myself, saying 'give it a try, if you like it play if not it´s just a game'. In the past i always wanted the feeling which i had when playing WoW the first time. I was young and it was my first MMORPG and i got so addicted, it was an awesome time. Now my feeling is quite the same. As i said above, there are so many things that i´m looking forward to do, so much to try out. I will not using guides or any other "helpfull" things. Just dive into the world, enjoying every minute of Tamriel. The game can have millions of players, the best previews but if it just don´t catches you these things doesn´t mind. So it´s about a feeling a game can give you. It has to be something to have fun with.

Last thing i want to say is, that i really trust Zenimax on this. They were listening to the community through the whole beta. There were changes because we wanted them. But also they stand their ground, not changing the pillars of their game so it still feels like a TES game. Also the customer support is very good, they help within hours, let´s see what its like after release.

I hope some of you do like the game also and if not, it´s just a game.

See you in Tamriel!

Cheers

P.S.: i´m no native english speaker, but i think you recognized that :)

I have the same feeling about TESO. And like you said, if I dont like it in two months or so - well its just a game.

  IfrianMMO

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/21/12
Posts: 215

3/30/14 6:42:35 AM#18

I love the Elder Scrolls series, so i would have loved nothing more than to adore this game.

Played the betas, i did not.

Ah well.

  Nobadeeftw

Novice Member

Joined: 5/09/11
Posts: 129

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall". -Confucius

3/30/14 2:20:57 PM#19
Originally posted by azzamasin

I was hoping it was going to be but I spent far more time in 5 Beta Weekends trying to convince myself that this is "the one" then I spent enjoying the game.

 

In the end I decided MMO's are no longer my "thang" unless someone comes up with a fast paced MMO which features all the spiritual successors of an Asheron's Call.

 

IMO I have learned I am more suited to ARPG's like Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and Others in the genre.  I'd definitely kill for a 3rd person perspective ARPG with Reticule based WASD movement though.  Elder Scrolls Online was just extremely too slow for my tastes and the loot system left much to be desired.  I'll definitely check it out when it goes F2P though.

Ha ha, I'm a lot like you.  I developed very low expectations for MMORPGs over the years.  I don't get hyped for them at all anymore.  During the beta weekends, I played for awhile just out of curiosity.  After two of those betas, I just lost interest.  It had no real appeal to me at all.  ES, to me was always about me and my little world, doing what I pleased.  There was never any appeal what so ever in the concept of sharing it with other players, never.  The only MMORPGs, that I regularly ever played were sandbox games, that just let you wonder off and do whatever the hell you wanted.  I never felt any appeal to being dragged along some tunnel, only end up on a treadmill at the end, as a reward for my commitment.  That's how most MMORPGs feel to me and the reason why I could only stomach them for a few months out of the year.

  jmcdermottuk

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/10/06
Posts: 919

3/30/14 2:32:55 PM#20
Originally posted by IfrianMMO

I love the Elder Scrolls series, so i would have loved nothing more than to adore this game.

Played the betas, i did not.

Ah well.

It's a shame but I have to agree with this. Played all of the ES games going all the way back to Arena. This just didn't click for me.

The 3 faction RvR seems too close to being a DAoC rip off, which we already saw recently revived in GW2 and doesn't fit my view of an ES setting.

 

I wish all you guys well in the new TESO and hope it does well for you but I won't be playing it.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search