|25 posts found|
8/17/13 10:31:54 AM#21
+ it is TES universe
- it is not mmorpg ,it is co-op SP game
only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW
8/17/13 10:38:09 AM#22
Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
I wouldn't put stock into your last statement (I realize they said it). Of course it's an mmo. It feels like an mmo.
That was a marketing phrase they used because they didn't want to scare off non-mmo players.
Which I can very much understand.
I was playing LOTRO last night and thinking that my roommate might like an mmo because it's huge and there could be a lot of exploring. Then I realized that the combat, restricted exploring; many places you can't enter unless you are on the appropriate quest, and the limited interaction with the world could be a turn off for him.
I can see players who love the elder scrolls games being hesitant about an mmo if they haven't tried them.
But this is an mmo, no if's, and's or but's about it.
8/17/13 10:46:53 AM#23
The day that you need to make a list to be able to play a game, well im sorry but if you are only that excited...
Anyway, from what ive seen: a beautifull world where not everything is handed to you, superior lore compared to other games...
This game just gives me the feeling of wow-vanilla and assasins creed, where im a big fan off.
So yes you will def see me on release date (PS4) ingame. Looking forward to it! :D
8/17/13 10:47:51 AM#24
- Being released on console "Ewwww"
- Releasing in Spring 2014? Seriously release in Winter 2014.
- I'm putting graphics here for now because I'm guessing a lot of energy has gone into this instead of content and we all know how high end graphic MMO's ended up being like. Be it a Elder Scroll title or not.
- Looks and feels like Skyrim.
- Multiplayer Elder Scroll
- For the rest, all bonuses I guess. Just hope we can do private rooms, I'm only playing this with my real life friends and don't want any stupid randoms screwing up my fun. :)
8/19/13 2:28:14 PM#25
+ It sounds like a top notch AAA MMORPG theme park, but with PVP BUILT IN!!!!! -Long Live DAoC!
+ Crafting done right, where your best items CAN be made.
+ Amazing background story.
+ Dark, lean graphics which suit the PVP bent. (The first thing a pvper does is shut off the graphics anyways. "That the other guy IS dead is more important than how I looked fighting him.")
+ There is talk they will add a public dungeon similar to Darkness Falls from DAoC, which IMHO is still hands down the greatest dungeon ever in a MMORPG. That will probably come in a patch after release.
+ No tab targeting.
+ No cross-realm nonsense.
- The "Megaserver" technology applies to PvE only, which is somewhat meaningless for a PvP game, yes?
- While the game seems well-rounded, I don't get a sense of any innovations here, certainly not revolutionary like RvR (DAoC), Public Questing (Warhammer), mounts (WOW).
- I'm worried about PvP servers (or campaigns, or whatever they're called). It sounds like regular servers we've seen in the past. They start with a ton of servers, then peeps disappear, then you need server transfers, etc. It just doesn't sound like they solved anything on this front.
- They better have lots of PVE content cuz it sounds like the PVP queues could be ridiculously long no matter what. And, if they want AvAvA balanced numerically and one faction is underplayed say hello to insanely fricking long queues. Play the undermanned faction, probably Aldemeri.
? The big question mark is the "feel" of the characters. The feeling in DAoC, WOW, Warhammer was pretty good, GW2 = very, very bland.