Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,699 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,003
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Neverwinter

Neverwinter 

General Discussion  » Neverwinter Impression

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
84 posts found
  GGrimm

Novice Member

Joined: 3/12/13
Posts: 50

3/26/13 7:04:44 AM#61
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

3/26/13 7:06:15 AM#62
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  HorrorScope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 612

3/26/13 9:20:09 AM#63
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

It makes sense, but I can also say accurately, those content creation systems have not produced a major hit either. There previous efforts of the foundry, while nice, didn't have people from all corners flocking it. They have to get over the issue of quantity vs quality and limitations of said systems. We hope each iteration gets us closer, I am somewhat bullish that someday it will, but it will have to prove it. If this one fails, I would also consider having a foundry but not making it public but have say 50 outside sources that can make additional content. That way you can still have more new content than any other mmo coming out, but you can control who is making it, keeping quality high and easy to find. I do see this point as one that isn't talked about much, but could be a key ingrediant. It sounds great anyone can make a quest, but it comes with its own set of issues.

  Skaioverride

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/06/12
Posts: 48

3/26/13 4:07:37 PM#64
Originally posted by Shol
Originally posted by Skaioverride
Originally posted by Shol
Originally posted by Skaioverride
Originally posted by Shol

Its a mediocre game with average graphic. Not too bad, but not good either.

I played a cleric till 25 and you really want to avoid this class if you look for a healer. Its lame range damage dealer with bad support and laughable healing ability.  Couple this with a broken target system for partymembers and yeah... forget it and get one of the npc instead.

I played a cleric til lv 22 and soloed dungeons a few levels above me with no problems, also with a party and in even played PVP just fine, without any of the issues you just mentioned. Maybe you never lerned to use it. 

You can't come it to this game and expect it to perform just like every other MMO before it. Also keep in mind Neverwinter is based on a (single player) RPG, not to mention the dungeon crawling aspects of D&D it self. So for what the game seemed to be aiming for, which is an old school multiplayer dungeon crawler based on D&D 4th eddition and set in Abeir Toril lore, i think they nailed it. 

And if you dont like it, there's always WoW...

Until lv 22 there was exactly 1  dungeon, 2 or 3 skirmishes and I kinda doubt that you soloed that. Or do you really want to tell me that soloing the lame missions or whatever is a feat? Any class can do that, its just a matter of spamming pots and a bit movement + npc healer.

Comparing NWN Online with D&D is just an insult. Maybe you should go and play some really old school rpg (even better pen & paper) to know what D&D acutally means. The 4th edition is a joke, a pale shadow of its former glory. And thats what NWN Online is.

That doesnt mean its bad, its just average in every possible way and in the cleric case the half baked copy of "true action combat"  breaks a lot.

Well i did solo it and died a few times, and the skirmishes were a bit tough with a party and all. I had the Man At Arms companion or what ever its called, but still the cleric had way too much agro. I'm just saying i did not have any of the issues that you stated. and those that i did encounter are easilly overlooked considering it still being just a beta test. If this where the state of the game a month after release then it would be a problem, otherwise, i cant wait.

Anyways, I've played my fair share of D&D 3.5 p&p and other d20 RPGs, and Neverwinter Nights, I've never played 4th edition actually even tho its better suited for this kind of game. 

Given all the problems and bugs here and there among other issues and taking into account that this was still a closed beta theres alot of room for improvement albeit a lot of potential, so far im loving it. 

To enter the lv 15 dungeon I had to queue into some kind of dungeonbrowser and after some minutes we ended in a full party (filled with randoms) in the dungeon. How did you manage to circumvent the browser and enter the dungeon solo?

 

The aggro was a bug from this beta. Not very important, it will need some more tweaks in some numbers to get it right.

 

What you played will be the open beta game you will soon play and pay for. Beside some very minor tweaks nothing will be changed. Have fun with the horrible targetting system in parties or do you intend to solo in open beta and beyond too? Makes mmorpgs kinda pointless. I would suggest skyrim if you dont intend to join parties.

 

I will play Neverwinter a bit, but not with the cleric class. Probably with trickster, as this class was fun to play and worked as it should.

I never said i soloed a dungeon, i soloed the PVE until i required a party. And I play however i want, I sometimes play with a cuple of friends, but we all have a life and cant be online all the time.

And about the beta..., well no shit sherlock, I could have sworn Neverwinter would end up being a space sim. And yes, I've worked in production and alot can change from here til release, the only factor is budget

  nationalcity

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/04
Posts: 328

3/26/13 4:15:08 PM#65

Even the foundry isn't gonna help this game IMO....

I'm sorry but there is just no way it has cryptic written all over it fun for a month maybe if that, and then never bother again.......

I don't understand why Cryptic always relases such shallow games......

 

 

 

  HorrorScope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 612

3/26/13 7:02:10 PM#66
Originally posted by nationalcity
I don't understand why Cryptic always relases such shallow games......

 

 

 

I can't argue against this, I said it once, I've said it thrice now... They are seemingly lowering the bar on each release to see how cheaply they can get away releasing a game. Lisa Lapenelli of developers. That said, I like listening to Jack, I route for them, you always have a chance to redeem yourself each release and all of that. But yeah they are owning the mmo-lite market.

  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

Joined: 5/14/07
Posts: 8591

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

3/27/13 2:27:10 AM#67
Originally posted by fiontar

I completely agree with just about everything in your post.

I had some fun playing it, but it really comes accross as a clunky, very outdated title. If it had come out eight years ago, I probably would have loved it. In 2013? The game just doesn't cut it.

I can see myself playing it from time to time for a little bit of "nostalgic feel" gaming, but it's pretty sad that WotC/Hasbro decided to waste the ip on another developer that just could not deliver a game that could thrive in the time in which it is released.

The environments aren't bad, once you turn off post processing bloom and depth of field effects. The character models and animations would have been bad a half decade ago, now they are just laughable. Combat is clunky. No XP for kills, so quest grinding is the only way to advance.

In spite of it's blatant flaws, I still managed to find a little fun here, but with GW2 and the Defiance Beta demanding time from me this weekend, it just hasn't been compelling enough for me to play for more than an hour at a time, usually when the Defiance servers have crashed and I've been caught up on my GW2 dailies.

I think in the end it's just another typical PWE free to play game with a DnD wrapper. They will make money on it and it might become one of their more popular offerings, but it's a non-event in the AAA MMORPG space.

Its my favourite fantasy IP of alltime.. As said its a gameworld with 1000 shades of grey instead of Epic Good vs Evil..

 

I agree that they missed another chance of finally usong the potential that this IP offers. This IP deserverves to be brought to the greatness of the orriginal Everquest MMO, a world of freedom of choice, that allows you to be evil or Good or anything in between. That allows you to visit places beyound your wildest dreams.

 

A world of freedom, where you can become wathever you want and choose any direction you want.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  Shol

Novice Member

Joined: 7/08/08
Posts: 365

3/27/13 11:26:00 AM#68
Originally posted by Skaioverride
Originally posted by Shol
Originally posted by Skaioverride
Originally posted by Shol
Originally posted by Skaioverride
Originally posted by Shol

Its a mediocre game with average graphic. Not too bad, but not good either.

I played a cleric till 25 and you really want to avoid this class if you look for a healer. Its lame range damage dealer with bad support and laughable healing ability.  Couple this with a broken target system for partymembers and yeah... forget it and get one of the npc instead.

I played a cleric til lv 22 and soloed dungeons a few levels above me with no problems, also with a party and in even played PVP just fine, without any of the issues you just mentioned. Maybe you never lerned to use it. 

You can't come it to this game and expect it to perform just like every other MMO before it. Also keep in mind Neverwinter is based on a (single player) RPG, not to mention the dungeon crawling aspects of D&D it self. So for what the game seemed to be aiming for, which is an old school multiplayer dungeon crawler based on D&D 4th eddition and set in Abeir Toril lore, i think they nailed it. 

And if you dont like it, there's always WoW...

Until lv 22 there was exactly 1  dungeon, 2 or 3 skirmishes and I kinda doubt that you soloed that. Or do you really want to tell me that soloing the lame missions or whatever is a feat? Any class can do that, its just a matter of spamming pots and a bit movement + npc healer.

Comparing NWN Online with D&D is just an insult. Maybe you should go and play some really old school rpg (even better pen & paper) to know what D&D acutally means. The 4th edition is a joke, a pale shadow of its former glory. And thats what NWN Online is.

That doesnt mean its bad, its just average in every possible way and in the cleric case the half baked copy of "true action combat"  breaks a lot.

Well i did solo it and died a few times, and the skirmishes were a bit tough with a party and all. I had the Man At Arms companion or what ever its called, but still the cleric had way too much agro. I'm just saying i did not have any of the issues that you stated. and those that i did encounter are easilly overlooked considering it still being just a beta test. If this where the state of the game a month after release then it would be a problem, otherwise, i cant wait.

Anyways, I've played my fair share of D&D 3.5 p&p and other d20 RPGs, and Neverwinter Nights, I've never played 4th edition actually even tho its better suited for this kind of game. 

Given all the problems and bugs here and there among other issues and taking into account that this was still a closed beta theres alot of room for improvement albeit a lot of potential, so far im loving it. 

To enter the lv 15 dungeon I had to queue into some kind of dungeonbrowser and after some minutes we ended in a full party (filled with randoms) in the dungeon. How did you manage to circumvent the browser and enter the dungeon solo?

 

The aggro was a bug from this beta. Not very important, it will need some more tweaks in some numbers to get it right.

 

What you played will be the open beta game you will soon play and pay for. Beside some very minor tweaks nothing will be changed. Have fun with the horrible targetting system in parties or do you intend to solo in open beta and beyond too? Makes mmorpgs kinda pointless. I would suggest skyrim if you dont intend to join parties.

 

I will play Neverwinter a bit, but not with the cleric class. Probably with trickster, as this class was fun to play and worked as it should.

I never said i soloed a dungeon, i soloed the PVE until i required a party. And I play however i want, I sometimes play with a cuple of friends, but we all have a life and cant be online all the time.

And about the beta..., well no shit sherlock, I could have sworn Neverwinter would end up being a space sim. And yes, I've worked in production and alot can change from here til release, the only factor is budget

To sum it up, you had no clue what a dungeon is in this game and boasted that you soloed solo-content (lol). Thats kinda pathetic, but I should have expected something like this from a guy throwing the usual "go to wow yadayada" steroptype.

Anyway I wasted enough of my time with replies to you. Im out. Have a nice day.

  gillrmn

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/04/12
Posts: 251

4/01/13 5:57:11 AM#69

I crossed another milestone in foundry.

 

Did any of you enjoy Phiarlan Enclave's Carnival Quest's story in DDO? That was my favourite. With new quest "Selunite Way" I can say I have made something similar. 

 

Next milestone is surpassing all the quests in DDO in terms of scripting.

 

 "Selunite Justice" which I am making right now (on hiatus as am writing Foundry tutorials too) will be my next attempt which will have courtroom drama like "Judge Judy" or  the nintendo game "Pheonix Wright: Ace Attoney". Yes games like that can be made in foundry, and I am already in process of making it!

This will urpass the courtroom drama quest of NWN2 by miles!

  azzamasin

Elite Member

Joined: 6/06/12
Posts: 2718

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

4/01/13 6:30:56 AM#70
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
Originally posted by fiontar

I completely agree with just about everything in your post.

I had some fun playing it, but it really comes accross as a clunky, very outdated title. If it had come out eight years ago, I probably would have loved it. In 2013? The game just doesn't cut it.

I can see myself playing it from time to time for a little bit of "nostalgic feel" gaming, but it's pretty sad that WotC/Hasbro decided to waste the ip on another developer that just could not deliver a game that could thrive in the time in which it is released.

The environments aren't bad, once you turn off post processing bloom and depth of field effects. The character models and animations would have been bad a half decade ago, now they are just laughable. Combat is clunky. No XP for kills, so quest grinding is the only way to advance.

In spite of it's blatant flaws, I still managed to find a little fun here, but with GW2 and the Defiance Beta demanding time from me this weekend, it just hasn't been compelling enough for me to play for more than an hour at a time, usually when the Defiance servers have crashed and I've been caught up on my GW2 dailies.

I think in the end it's just another typical PWE free to play game with a DnD wrapper. They will make money on it and it might become one of their more popular offerings, but it's a non-event in the AAA MMORPG space.

Its my favourite fantasy IP of alltime.. As said its a gameworld with 1000 shades of grey instead of Epic Good vs Evil..

 

I agree that they missed another chance of finally usong the potential that this IP offers. This IP deserverves to be brought to the greatness of the orriginal Everquest MMO, a world of freedom of choice, that allows you to be evil or Good or anything in between. That allows you to visit places beyound your wildest dreams.

 

A world of freedom, where you can become wathever you want and choose any direction you want.

Agreed but until that happens I am content with a great little title that does alot of things right if your into certain game systems.  It does alot of things against the scope of what I consider a good MMO but for what its worth the things it does do it does an amazing job at.

 

Foundry has amazing potential and if your into small group dungeon crawls I doubt NWO can be beat.  For me this is the reason why I like it so much.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

  azzamasin

Elite Member

Joined: 6/06/12
Posts: 2718

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

4/01/13 6:37:04 AM#71
Originally posted by Gravarg
The only negative thing I can say about it is that there isn't enough classes.  I know they're coming and all that, but as it stands right now, unless there's like 10+ classes at least, it's kinda missing out.  The stop combat is because you control wizard and cleric were mega overpowered in pvp.  They just ran around kiting melee.  Melee would get one maybe two hits in, and then they were out of range again.  Overall, for a beta, I like how it is.  It reminds me of DDO to some extent, and  I liked that game too :)

Well I have no scientific fact but if I was a betting man I would guess the Archer Ranger and the Scourge Warlock will come out at the same time Drow is opened to all.  So 60 days after launch, plus the devs already stated they intend on implmenting msot of the 4ed class frameworks in the game eventually.

 

Can't wait to play SpellSword and Battle Cleric personally.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

  Sasami

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/08
Posts: 330

4/01/13 8:16:57 AM#72
Originally posted by sofbert
Originally posted by Elikal

Also it's unfair. Clerics can self heal, Rogues can avoid most damage with the Dummy and other stuff, but Guardian... phew trying to block away dmg was such a hassle, I simply failed at it, so I lost dmg like crazy and spent essentially ALL money on potions. So not funny. Similar with Wizard. And GWF too, if I slash this sword, I get dmg. No way to avoid it. And the rooted thing makes it ten times as hard to avoid damage.

 

Yeah i've been playing Guardian as well and while the look of the character is decent, I've run a few dungeons and the threat system is pretty horrible so far. I changed over to all the taunt abilities I had and i'm lucky if I have a boss chasing me for 20% of the time which leaves me feeling useless as a tank. 

Also, with guarding/blocking having that stamina bar which runs out fairly fast and no means of mitigation when it's out(not evne dodging) really makes me feel useless as I just take hits. 

I so agree. I felt so useless in dungeons since aggro simply doesn't work. Also in PvP i felt like ping pong ball since most classes seem to have some knockback skill that bounces you 20 feet away. Also got stun locked several times.

So minus list so far for me was:

-Messy group combat, no control due lack of aggro or structure

-PVP, stun locks, knockbacks, caster vs melee balance

-Lacking quests for enjoyable leveling, too few quests, linear questline for all classes

-Foundry quality not good so far

I feel like they are putting all eggs on Foundry basket, however so far quality isn't there.

  Sasami

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/08
Posts: 330

4/01/13 8:26:57 AM#73
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

Foundry concept doesn't fit all games but it fits nicely on Nevewinter. Hub based system, F2P and D&D lore. It's perfect combo for Foundry.

  HorrorScope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 612

4/01/13 4:21:25 PM#74
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

Right, but then I haven't seen a game with one really flourish either. COH and STO. Too many generic junk one's to wad through. I do like the idea, I just also see the issue with it as well. Sounds perfect, yet ain't. Hopefully someday.

  HorrorScope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 612

4/01/13 4:23:29 PM#75
Originally posted by gillrmn
Did any of you enjoy Phiarlan Enclave's Carnival Quest's story in DDO? That was my favourite. With new quest "Selunite Way" I can say I have made something similar. 

 

Next milestone is surpassing all the quests in DDO in terms of scripting.

I do and will be good to see.

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/01/13 4:26:13 PM#76
Originally posted by HorrorScope
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

Right, but then I haven't seen a game with one really flourish either. COH and STO. Too many generic junk one's to wad through. I do like the idea, I just also see the issue with it as well. Sounds perfect, yet ain't. Hopefully someday.

this games foundry is much more indepth than past cryptics content creators not to mention id say the D&D setting will have a much wider appeal to people in the foundry sense than their past two outings... there simply has not been a MMO afaik with such a robust tool integrated so seamlessly into the game as this one

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  HorrorScope

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 612

4/01/13 4:46:44 PM#77
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by HorrorScope
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by GGrimm
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
Once the little bugs and annoyances are fixed, NWO has the sights to become a great game for a long time. As long as people keep trying to make better, more immersing and challenging content through the Foundry. Can't wait to see some people getting familiar and experienced with the dungeon editing tool, because even some of the beta dungeons were already pretty fantastic.

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how the Foundry will be the lynchpin of Neverwinter's success.

i agree as what other big name MMO is coming out this year or next showcasing such a robust content creation tool? I have yet to see any

Right, but then I haven't seen a game with one really flourish either. COH and STO. Too many generic junk one's to wad through. I do like the idea, I just also see the issue with it as well. Sounds perfect, yet ain't. Hopefully someday.

this games foundry is much more indepth than past cryptics content creators not to mention id say the D&D setting will have a much wider appeal to people in the foundry sense than their past two outings... there simply has not been a MMO afaik with such a robust tool integrated so seamlessly into the game as this one

Right, but it still has to prove itself as good enough to make that industry statement. I got time, we'll see. I guess I'm just more grounded, I think my hype meter busted in the early 2000's.

  LateBrake1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/18/04
Posts: 54

4/03/13 1:29:03 AM#78

Regarding the rooted while action mechanism, that design choice is explained at 31:20  in the video

here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY

Personally i very much enjoy combat in this game and the game overall.  PvP felt pretty good and based more on the skills u use and choose over who can circle straff better;

I think the game being free to download and free to play is a good choice and will allow many thousands to try it. IF u have confidence in your game u can do that. The game feels polished and will even become more so as it goes to launch. I do wish it was a little less themeparkish and more sandboxy though.

i expect this game will be somewhat of a sleeper hit and do better than most expect. 

  Ciccero

Novice Member

Joined: 3/10/05
Posts: 113

4/03/13 3:11:14 PM#79

I hated it.

it was a big ol PS3 game to me.

I lasted 4 hours in beta and the interaction,character movement and enviroment made me uninstall

  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 2/09/06
Posts: 8067

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

 
OP  4/03/13 10:44:54 PM#80
Originally posted by Sasami
Originally posted by sofbert
Originally posted by Elikal

Also it's unfair. Clerics can self heal, Rogues can avoid most damage with the Dummy and other stuff, but Guardian... phew trying to block away dmg was such a hassle, I simply failed at it, so I lost dmg like crazy and spent essentially ALL money on potions. So not funny. Similar with Wizard. And GWF too, if I slash this sword, I get dmg. No way to avoid it. And the rooted thing makes it ten times as hard to avoid damage.

 

Yeah i've been playing Guardian as well and while the look of the character is decent, I've run a few dungeons and the threat system is pretty horrible so far. I changed over to all the taunt abilities I had and i'm lucky if I have a boss chasing me for 20% of the time which leaves me feeling useless as a tank. 

Also, with guarding/blocking having that stamina bar which runs out fairly fast and no means of mitigation when it's out(not evne dodging) really makes me feel useless as I just take hits. 

I so agree. I felt so useless in dungeons since aggro simply doesn't work. Also in PvP i felt like ping pong ball since most classes seem to have some knockback skill that bounces you 20 feet away. Also got stun locked several times.

So minus list so far for me was:

-Messy group combat, no control due lack of aggro or structure

-PVP, stun locks, knockbacks, caster vs melee balance

-Lacking quests for enjoyable leveling, too few quests, linear questline for all classes

-Foundry quality not good so far

I feel like they are putting all eggs on Foundry basket, however so far quality isn't there.

I haven't analyzed it in detail, but my intuition tells me it's not some small stuff to iron out, but they really need to remake the entire frigging combat system. It just doesn't work for me at all, beyond "oh this and that details need ironing out". I mean, happy gaming to all who disagree, it's just how I felt about the combat.

Wrong. Just fundamentally wrong.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search