Trending Games | WildStar | Landmark | ArcheAge | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,960 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,406
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

The Pub at MMORPG.COM  » Diablo 3 sells over 12 million, WoW has over 9.6 million subscribers

10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Search
192 posts found
  BizkitNL

Old School

Joined: 12/29/02
Posts: 2285

"Free to play, pay to win""

2/12/13 2:45:41 PM#141
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by supertouchme
Originally posted by Normandy7
Don't see how this is humanly possible. The game isn't very good in my opinion. Both auction houses ruined the entire Diablo experience.

it isn't very good. people always seem to underestimate the power of marketing and reputation. it sold precisely because it was made by blizzard and it was a sequel in a successful series.

 

D3 is an excellent ARPG. It could have been made by "Bill the ARPG Guy" instead of Blizzard and I still would have bought it.

This is how good D3 is. It sold 12 million copies due to the popularity of both Diablo 2 and WoW. 12 million!!!!

Now recently a new ARPG hit the market named Path of Exile. It reached 65k concurrent users this transulates to around 500k active accounts.

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

That means out of 12 million paying players only 500k+ are actualy active players now... 

I wouldnt call D3 a good game after seeing those numbers and Blizzard were certainly unhappy with the way Diablo 3 turned out... proven by Jay Wilsons exit from D3 development. 

Any argument you try to make crashes when you bring XFire users into the equation.

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19506

2/12/13 2:46:07 PM#142
Originally posted by Z3R01

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

D3 is 10 month old. PoE is just released. If PoE has similar concurrent user as Diablo 3 in 10 month, then i will agree with you.

In fact, if you track Borderlands 2 ... when it first released in Sep 2012, it was higher than D3. Now it is #38, way below D3.

I think Blizz should be very happy.

  User Deleted
2/12/13 2:49:25 PM#143
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by supertouchme
Originally posted by Normandy7
Don't see how this is humanly possible. The game isn't very good in my opinion. Both auction houses ruined the entire Diablo experience.

it isn't very good. people always seem to underestimate the power of marketing and reputation. it sold precisely because it was made by blizzard and it was a sequel in a successful series.

 

D3 is an excellent ARPG. It could have been made by "Bill the ARPG Guy" instead of Blizzard and I still would have bought it.

This is how good D3 is. It sold 12 million copies due to the popularity of both Diablo 2 and WoW. 12 million!!!!

Now recently a new ARPG hit the market named Path of Exile. It reached 65k concurrent users this transulates to around 500k active accounts.

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

That means out of 12 million paying players only 500k+ are actualy active players now... 

I wouldnt call D3 a good game after seeing those numbers and Blizzard were certainly unhappy with the way Diablo 3 turned out... proven by Jay Wilsons exit from D3 development. 

 

1. PoE is new. People are still "beating the game" for the first time. I wonder how many concurrent users where online when D3 launched.

 

2. PoE is free. That in itself opens the door for all the free-player users.

 

3. 500k is nowhere near 12Million...

 

D3 wasn't perfect. Neither is PoE. The difference is PoE doesn't have to deal with the over-user expectations that D3 had. If D3 was just a stand alone, non-diablo series ARPG, I highly doubt ANYONE but the most entitled of people would ever call it a bad game.

  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/21/11
Posts: 7246

2/12/13 2:50:14 PM#144
Most of them are blizzard fanbois in denial, they can't accept that blizzard could make a bad game so they are forcing themselves to like it.
  Z3R01

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2457

MMO gamer since 1997

2/12/13 2:52:13 PM#145
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by supertouchme
Originally posted by Normandy7
Don't see how this is humanly possible. The game isn't very good in my opinion. Both auction houses ruined the entire Diablo experience.

it isn't very good. people always seem to underestimate the power of marketing and reputation. it sold precisely because it was made by blizzard and it was a sequel in a successful series.

 

D3 is an excellent ARPG. It could have been made by "Bill the ARPG Guy" instead of Blizzard and I still would have bought it.

This is how good D3 is. It sold 12 million copies due to the popularity of both Diablo 2 and WoW. 12 million!!!!

Now recently a new ARPG hit the market named Path of Exile. It reached 65k concurrent users this transulates to around 500k active accounts.

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

That means out of 12 million paying players only 500k+ are actualy active players now... 

I wouldnt call D3 a good game after seeing those numbers and Blizzard were certainly unhappy with the way Diablo 3 turned out... proven by Jay Wilsons exit from D3 development. 

 

1. PoE is new. People are still "beating the game" for the first time. I wonder how many concurrent users where online when D3 launched.

 

2. PoE is free. That in itself opens the door for all the free-player users.

 

3. 500k is nowhere near 12Million...

 

D3 wasn't perfect. Neither is PoE. The difference is PoE doesn't have to deal with the over-user expectations that D3 had. If D3 was just a stand alone, non-diablo series ARPG, I highly doubt ANYONE but the most entitled of people would ever call it a bad game.

Addition: Without the Diablo name D3 would be considered a terrible ARPG. it lacks the core features that made the ARPG genre what it is today. Name means nothing release a ARPG with a AH, garbage drops, no builds, no online competition (pve or pvp), no randomized content and you would be dead before you started. 

 

I was pointing out the massive 11.5 million active user drop off of D3... not poe doing well.

PoE is an indie game, its a hardcore niche product.

Its a fact that poE had that many concurrent users at that point so i was easy to gage how many active players were left in D3 since they were very close on the XFire rankings (10 and 11 last i checked)

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

  User Deleted
2/12/13 2:52:17 PM#146
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Most of them are blizzard fanbois in denial, they can't accept that blizzard could make a bad game so they are forcing themselves to like it.

 

I'd accept it if it ever happens. Still waiting tho...

 

Every Blizzard game i've ever played, including The Lost Viking, has been excellent.

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19506

2/12/13 2:52:33 PM#147
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Most of them are blizzard fanbois in denial, they can't accept that blizzard could make a bad game so they are forcing themselves to like it.

Nah .. i think the haters are in denial. They dismiss that D3 sold 12M, and that it is still up there in xfire numbers after 10 month.

What is the excuse when the expansion sold millions? Oh, it is a bad expansion .. because "i said so"?

  Z3R01

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2457

MMO gamer since 1997

2/12/13 3:01:56 PM#148
Originally posted by BizkitNL
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by supertouchme
Originally posted by Normandy7
Don't see how this is humanly possible. The game isn't very good in my opinion. Both auction houses ruined the entire Diablo experience.

it isn't very good. people always seem to underestimate the power of marketing and reputation. it sold precisely because it was made by blizzard and it was a sequel in a successful series.

 

D3 is an excellent ARPG. It could have been made by "Bill the ARPG Guy" instead of Blizzard and I still would have bought it.

This is how good D3 is. It sold 12 million copies due to the popularity of both Diablo 2 and WoW. 12 million!!!!

Now recently a new ARPG hit the market named Path of Exile. It reached 65k concurrent users this transulates to around 500k active accounts.

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

That means out of 12 million paying players only 500k+ are actualy active players now... 

I wouldnt call D3 a good game after seeing those numbers and Blizzard were certainly unhappy with the way Diablo 3 turned out... proven by Jay Wilsons exit from D3 development. 

Any argument you try to make crashes when you bring XFire users into the equation.

My numbers are all facts from outside sources not within Xfire... all Xfire is used for is to see trends. Blizzard released the number of D3 sales itself, GGG released the number of concurrent users and active accounts itself. Using the Xfire to see these games are both trending pn par with each other you can see that diablo 3 has around a 90% active user decline...

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

  Z3R01

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2457

MMO gamer since 1997

2/12/13 3:05:30 PM#149
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by Z3R01

According to Xfire Diablo 3 and Path fo Exile have similar concurrent users online atm.

D3 is 10 month old. PoE is just released. If PoE has similar concurrent user as Diablo 3 in 10 month, then i will agree with you.

In fact, if you track Borderlands 2 ... when it first released in Sep 2012, it was higher than D3. Now it is #38, way below D3.

I think Blizz should be very happy.

As much as people would like to compare Borderlands 2 to a Diablo like game it in no way has the replay value of a game like D3, PoE or TL2... its a FPS you play a few times and uninstall... its like Darksiders 2. A game with decent replay value that shares similarities with diablo but its really only a action game made to be played a few times. So it makes no sense to compare them.

 

Keep in mind what i just posted shows a 90% drop off of Diablo 3 active players... If you think Blizzard is happy with that you are nuts... If they were happy with it Jay Wilsom would still be working on D3s expansion...

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

  User Deleted
2/12/13 3:06:11 PM#150

I have a lot of outstanding games I have purchased over the years and no longer play. Does that mean they suck or make them any less awesome than when I purchased them?

 

Believe it or not, many people play a game, beat it and move on. They have no intention of making every gaming purchase a lifelong commitment. If current users are down, it's because people are done with the game and have moved on to the next one.

  User Deleted
2/12/13 3:07:01 PM#151

because people are completely responsible and informed prior to purchasing something from a company.....yeah

<---- was proud to be one of the 60% of gamers that left D3 post launch because of it's horrible design flaws. Won't be buying another blizz product ever again.

  Z3R01

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2457

MMO gamer since 1997

2/12/13 3:08:28 PM#152
Originally posted by Psychow

I have a lot of outstanding games I have purchased over the years and no longer play. Does that mean they suck or make them any less awesome than when I purchased them?

 

Believe it or not, many people play a game, beat it and move on. They have no intention of making every gaming purchase a lifelong commitment. If current users are down, it's because people are done with the game and have moved on to the next one.

Diablo 2 was played for over a decade by a substantial percentage of its playerbase... Diablo 3 has been out how long and shows a 90% player drop off.

Games in the ARPG genre are designed to be played for a very long time. sure there will always be people that play through it once and leave but certainly not 90%. 

That number shows me that there were a lot of people that bought the game coming from Diablo 2 and were disappointed. 

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

  User Deleted
2/12/13 3:13:22 PM#153
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow

I have a lot of outstanding games I have purchased over the years and no longer play. Does that mean they suck or make them any less awesome than when I purchased them?

 

Believe it or not, many people play a game, beat it and move on. They have no intention of making every gaming purchase a lifelong commitment. If current users are down, it's because people are done with the game and have moved on to the next one.

Diablo 2 was played for over a decade by a substantial percentage of its playerbase... Diablo 3 has been out how long and shows a 90% player drop off.

Games in the ARPG genre are designed to be played for a very long time. sure there will always be people that play through it once and leave but certainly not 90%. 

That number shows me that there were a lot of people that bought the game coming from Diablo 2 and were disappointed. 

 

D2 did not have the on-line competition there is today. I'm not saying D2 wasn't awesome, I'm saying gamers have more choices now than they once did.

 

Also, the type of players that internet in almost every home has broght in is different then the old days. I can see people getting internet for the sole purpose of playing D2, where as today, playing games on-line is just another thing to do.

  Z3R01

Novice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2457

MMO gamer since 1997

2/12/13 3:23:49 PM#154
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Psychow

I have a lot of outstanding games I have purchased over the years and no longer play. Does that mean they suck or make them any less awesome than when I purchased them?

 

Believe it or not, many people play a game, beat it and move on. They have no intention of making every gaming purchase a lifelong commitment. If current users are down, it's because people are done with the game and have moved on to the next one.

Diablo 2 was played for over a decade by a substantial percentage of its playerbase... Diablo 3 has been out how long and shows a 90% player drop off.

Games in the ARPG genre are designed to be played for a very long time. sure there will always be people that play through it once and leave but certainly not 90%. 

That number shows me that there were a lot of people that bought the game coming from Diablo 2 and were disappointed. 

 

D2 did not have the on-line competition there is today. I'm not saying D2 wasn't awesome, I'm saying gamers have more choices now than they once did.

 

Also, the type of players that internet in almost every home has broght in is different then the old days. I can see people getting internet for the sole purpose of playing D2, where as today, playing games on-line is just another thing to do.

Thats true but its still a large drop off. Diablo 3 should have been much better than what it was. It was still good but due to certain design decisions the games lifespan was cut short for quite a few people. 

Look at Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. Those two games are nowhere as popular as Diablo but they both have mechanics that keep existing players playing. Be it randomized content, Maps, crafting and/or online competiton. 

Diablo 3 is seriously lacking in features. Look at gamespy.com and on the front page they compare all three games unique features. only features that make D3 unique are the AH and free respecs... thats terrible imo.

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

  gordiflu

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/22/07
Posts: 764

2/12/13 3:24:27 PM#155
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by BizkitNL
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by Cod_Eye

And over 11 million are dissapointed and vow to never buy a Blizzard product again. 

 

Before ranting at me, I jest.

Want to bet millions will buy Heart of the Swarm, and the D3 expansion?

I am one of those millions.

One simply can't argue against quality games.

Sales do not necessarily mean quality.

McDonnalds sells more food than Ferran Adria.

Vin Diesel sells more movies than Kim Ki Duk

Justin Bieber sells more CDs than Dream Theater.

Rowling sells more books than Goethe.

I guess you get the idea.

 

And yet, sales also does not mean it's NOT high quality.

 

McDonalds may be a low cost leader

Vin Diesel and Justin Beiber movies/ "music" are aimed at a certain target audience

Rowling are aimed at Young Adults that adults also enjoy.

 

With the exception of McDonalds, none of those things mean poor quality. It just means different people have different tastes or are not so full of themselves that they allow themselves to enjoy more than one type of thing.

 

And Blizzard games are aimed at certain type of players, which was exactly my point.

 

I your point is that the target audience are: People who like to play MMO's, have fun and are willing to pay a subscription, then I agree with you.

 

If your point is the target audience is: Stupid, mindless, riff-raff that wouldn't know a quality product if it hit them in the face, then I don't agree with you.

Unfortunately, when I look at the top selling food, movies, books, music and games, I do think that the vast majority of people won't know a quality product even if you rubbed it against their face. Call me elitist if you will. To be honest, looking at our society in general, I can't help thinking that way.

I got nothing against those who enjoy poor food, music, books, movies and games, it's their choice and they are free to enjoy whatever they prefer, but they won't convince me that what they like is quality.

And I am aware that it's just a matter of taste. Going back to my analogies, I can understand those who say that Ferran Adria's food is pretentious, Kim Ki Duk's movies slow, Dream Theater's music too complex and Goethe's books boring. I can also understand those who play WoW.

Sumarizing, my point is that sales and quality are different things, and that Blizzard games selling millions does not necessarily mean that such games are any good.

  fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 11/10/06
Posts: 2677

2/12/13 3:32:20 PM#156
Originally posted by Xiaoki

 


Originally posted by dimnikar
Hilarous how people start with conspiracy theories about fake numbers with the sub definition disclaimer right there in the first post.

 

 

I am simply FORCED to conclude the vast majority of you here are incapable of comprehending text.

 

It's not even legalese, for Pete's sake.



Oh, most people dont think Blizzard is lying they just think that Asian subscribers shouldnt count because "Asian" automatically means Chinese and Chinese players pay "pennies on the hour".

 


They then have a "well thought out and researched" reason as to why Chinese subscribers comprise "80% to 90%" of total WoW subscribers.


And if you point out something like "wait, then how can WoW make $1 billion a year in revenue if 90% of the player base subscribes for pennies?" well theres a perfectly "logical" answer for that too. Its because Blizzard "steals" from its players by charging for services like server transfers and race changes or selling mounts.

Because as we all know selling mounts or pets once a year that generates a couple million in cash adds up to a billion every year.

For some reason people on these boards dismiss Asian people and they don't consider them to be "players" so if WoW has 5m Chinese players then that, in their eyes, equates to nothing. But I have not seen ONE post on these boards who can explain or point to any evidence how Chinese players pay for WoW and we also don't have any figures for how much they spend. For some reason the "racist" posters on these boards assume Chinese players pay 10 cents per month lol.

 

Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by BizkitNL
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by Cod_Eye

And over 11 million are dissapointed and vow to never buy a Blizzard product again. 

 

Before ranting at me, I jest.

Want to bet millions will buy Heart of the Swarm, and the D3 expansion?

I am one of those millions.

One simply can't argue against quality games.

Sales do not necessarily mean quality.

McDonnalds sells more food than Ferran Adria.

Vin Diesel sells more movies than Kim Ki Duk

Justin Bieber sells more CDs than Dream Theater.

Rowling sells more books than Goethe.

I guess you get the idea.

 

And yet, sales also does not mean it's NOT high quality.

 

McDonalds may be a low cost leader

Vin Diesel and Justin Beiber movies/ "music" are aimed at a certain target audience

Rowling are aimed at Young Adults that adults also enjoy.

 

With the exception of McDonalds, none of those things mean poor quality. It just means different people have different tastes or are not so full of themselves that they allow themselves to enjoy more than one type of thing.

 

And Blizzard games are aimed at certain type of players, which was exactly my point.

 

I your point is that the target audience are: People who like to play MMO's, have fun and are willing to pay a subscription, then I agree with you.

 

If your point is the target audience is: Stupid, mindless, riff-raff that wouldn't know a quality product if it hit them in the face, then I don't agree with you.

Unfortunately, when I look at the top selling food, movies, books, music and games, I do think that the vast majority of people won't know a quality product even if you rubbed it against their face. Call me elitist if you will. To be honest, looking at our society in general, I can't help thinking that way.

I got nothing against those who enjoy poor food, music, books, movies and games, it's their choice and they are free to enjoy whatever they prefer, but they won't convince me that what they like is quality.

And I am aware that it's just a matter of taste. Going back to my analogies, I can understand those who say that Ferran Adria's food is pretentious, Kim Ki Duk's movies slow, Dream Theater's music too complex and Goethe's books boring. I can also understand those who play WoW.

Sumarizing, my point is that sales and quality are different things, and that Blizzard games selling millions does not necessarily mean that such games are any good.

The problem is that "quality" is very subjective. One person's opinion is not worth more than another. So if you don't like WoW but another person likes WoW, who is right? Just because you don't like some of the top selling products that doesn't make them bad. I don't see why you think your opinion is any more valid than someone else's?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19506

2/12/13 3:38:05 PM#157
Originally posted by Z3R01

Look at Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. Those two games are nowhere as popular as Diablo but they both have mechanics that keep existing players playing. Be it randomized content, Maps, crafting and/or online competiton. 

Diablo 3 is seriously lacking in features. Look at gamespy.com and on the front page they compare all three games unique features. only features that make D3 unique are the AH and free respecs... thats terrible imo.

And yet where is TL2? #141 on xfire. If you look at the graph, the decline is much steeper than D3. In fact, TL2 is LOWER in rank than D2.

So much about keeping existing players. D3 is doing much better than TL2.

Now as for PoE, we shall see in 10 months.

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19506

2/12/13 3:40:15 PM#158
Originally posted by Z3R01
 

As much as people would like to compare Borderlands 2 to a Diablo like game it in no way has the replay value of a game like D3, PoE or TL2... its a FPS you play a few times and uninstall... its like Darksiders 2. A game with decent replay value that shares similarities with diablo but its really only a action game made to be played a few times. So it makes no sense to compare them.

And yet Borderland 2 is much higher on the xfire chart than TL2. If you look at the graph, it also retains players BETTER than Tl2.

So i would say you are wrong. It has better replay value than TL2, just not as much as D3.

  gordiflu

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/22/07
Posts: 764

2/12/13 3:54:41 PM#159
Originally posted by fivoroth
Originally posted by Xiaoki

 


Originally posted by dimnikar
Hilarous how people start with conspiracy theories about fake numbers with the sub definition disclaimer right there in the first post.

 

 

I am simply FORCED to conclude the vast majority of you here are incapable of comprehending text.

 

It's not even legalese, for Pete's sake.



Oh, most people dont think Blizzard is lying they just think that Asian subscribers shouldnt count because "Asian" automatically means Chinese and Chinese players pay "pennies on the hour".

 


They then have a "well thought out and researched" reason as to why Chinese subscribers comprise "80% to 90%" of total WoW subscribers.


And if you point out something like "wait, then how can WoW make $1 billion a year in revenue if 90% of the player base subscribes for pennies?" well theres a perfectly "logical" answer for that too. Its because Blizzard "steals" from its players by charging for services like server transfers and race changes or selling mounts.

Because as we all know selling mounts or pets once a year that generates a couple million in cash adds up to a billion every year.

For some reason people on these boards dismiss Asian people and they don't consider them to be "players" so if WoW has 5m Chinese players then that, in their eyes, equates to nothing. But I have not seen ONE post on these boards who can explain or point to any evidence how Chinese players pay for WoW and we also don't have any figures for how much they spend. For some reason the "racist" posters on these boards assume Chinese players pay 10 cents per month lol.

 

Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by gordiflu
Originally posted by BizkitNL
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by Cod_Eye

And over 11 million are dissapointed and vow to never buy a Blizzard product again. 

 

Before ranting at me, I jest.

Want to bet millions will buy Heart of the Swarm, and the D3 expansion?

I am one of those millions.

One simply can't argue against quality games.

Sales do not necessarily mean quality.

McDonnalds sells more food than Ferran Adria.

Vin Diesel sells more movies than Kim Ki Duk

Justin Bieber sells more CDs than Dream Theater.

Rowling sells more books than Goethe.

I guess you get the idea.

 

And yet, sales also does not mean it's NOT high quality.

 

McDonalds may be a low cost leader

Vin Diesel and Justin Beiber movies/ "music" are aimed at a certain target audience

Rowling are aimed at Young Adults that adults also enjoy.

 

With the exception of McDonalds, none of those things mean poor quality. It just means different people have different tastes or are not so full of themselves that they allow themselves to enjoy more than one type of thing.

 

And Blizzard games are aimed at certain type of players, which was exactly my point.

 

I your point is that the target audience are: People who like to play MMO's, have fun and are willing to pay a subscription, then I agree with you.

 

If your point is the target audience is: Stupid, mindless, riff-raff that wouldn't know a quality product if it hit them in the face, then I don't agree with you.

Unfortunately, when I look at the top selling food, movies, books, music and games, I do think that the vast majority of people won't know a quality product even if you rubbed it against their face. Call me elitist if you will. To be honest, looking at our society in general, I can't help thinking that way.

I got nothing against those who enjoy poor food, music, books, movies and games, it's their choice and they are free to enjoy whatever they prefer, but they won't convince me that what they like is quality.

And I am aware that it's just a matter of taste. Going back to my analogies, I can understand those who say that Ferran Adria's food is pretentious, Kim Ki Duk's movies slow, Dream Theater's music too complex and Goethe's books boring. I can also understand those who play WoW.

Sumarizing, my point is that sales and quality are different things, and that Blizzard games selling millions does not necessarily mean that such games are any good.

The problem is that "quality" is very subjective. One person's opinion is not worth more than another. So if you don't like WoW but another person likes WoW, who is right? Just because you don't like some of the top selling products that doesn't make them bad. I don't see why you think your opinion is any more valid than someone else's?

I did say I am aware it's just a matter of taste, didn't I. And I never said that my opinion is more valid that anybody else's. It's just that that sales are not a valid argument when discussing quality. Simple as. WoW players are always using sales as an argument to support their opinion about their game beeing good. Well, sorry but I won't consider that a valid argument. Or, as we say in my country, "millions of flies can't be wrong: eat shit and fly".

  Xiaoki

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/07/04
Posts: 2438

2/12/13 5:18:20 PM#160


Originally posted by fivoroth

For some reason people on these boards dismiss Asian people and they don't consider them to be "players" so if WoW has 5m Chinese players then that, in their eyes, equates to nothing. But I have not seen ONE post on these boards who can explain or point to any evidence how Chinese players pay for WoW and we also don't have any figures for how much they spend. For some reason the "racist" posters on these boards assume Chinese players pay 10 cents per month lol.


Chinese buy time cards with certain amount of hours on them. Last time I checked the currency conversion came out to $.08 an hour.


However, Taiwan has a monthly subscription, around $10 a month. The Taiwan version also doesnt have the crazy restrictions set by the Chinese government so any Chinese players serious about the game plays the Taiwanese version.

10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Search