Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,706 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,327
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Ninja Anime Pirates Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Grimrock 2 Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Overwatch Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Rebel Galaxy Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Conflict Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Triad Wars Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warriors World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2 

General Discussion  » Stories of the death of Guild Wars 2

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
143 posts found
  Raekon

Novice Member

Joined: 3/05/04
Posts: 552

12/18/12 4:23:42 AM#101
Originally posted by Volkon
Originally posted by Maephisto
Christmas, combined with the january/february content updates should make for a good time for GW2.  Lets hope WvW gets some attention.  I really want badges to go directly to my inventory....lol.

 

Some initial (and interesting) WvW changes are coming with this release. Disconnects will now count as insta-kills (buh bye Alt-F4 people), change to gate repair mechanics, and this:

 

 

Finally, events will be added. According to their designer, Matt Witter, “Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around.”

“Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with.”

“Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.”

I participated in such a event at sunday and it was really fun.

We had a charr commander that waited till 10 people (minimum amount) were around him.

The he started a attack from our camp towards the first tower.

He had a dolyak spawned that automatically refilled our resources when we had used ours up to build the arm, catapult and ballista the commander had set up (he also set 2 arrow carts and a catapult at the side of the tower for defence against incomings).

The dolyak were attacking the gate with us together till we broke in.

After that the commander rushed to the lord we us and we took the tower. :)

He goes back to the base after that and waits for at least 10 players to join him again before he starts another attack to another tower or depot.

  jtcgs

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/28/04
Posts: 1843

12/18/12 12:49:06 PM#102
My server is doing great population wise. Most people started saying their server lost a lot of people when Fractals was released and have no idea just how many people are spending all their time doing JUST THAT DUNGEON, those complaints were mostly silenced with the last 2 monthly events when everyone stopped doing Fractals and came out to do the special events. Right now there are massive amounts  of people doing Wintersday events in Lions Arch and Black Citadel Toymaker instance.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

  NaughtyP

Novice Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 795

12/18/12 1:44:50 PM#103

Well, it's dead to me. Which is all that matters to me. Population size doesn't matter much to me if the game itself fails to impress unfortunately.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

  JoeyMMO

Novice Member

Joined: 10/09/11
Posts: 1334

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

12/18/12 2:19:35 PM#104
"m.pcgamer.com" doesn't seem like the most reliable source of information. Poorly built webpage with a pcgamer logo tacked on.

  Kuppa

Novice Member

Joined: 9/24/10
Posts: 3443

The problem with censorship is ********

12/18/12 2:26:50 PM#105
Originally posted by JoeyMMO
"m.pcgamer.com" doesn't seem like the most reliable source of information. Poorly built webpage with a pcgamer logo tacked on.

That's the mobile client pcgamer.com site....


  User Deleted
12/18/12 2:27:59 PM#106
Originally posted by hikaru77
Originally posted by Volkon

... have been greatly exaggerated. 

 

I think we may have our explanation as to why zones are still showing up as Very High to Full.

No, my server is still FULL but in-game is a ghost town, so no, we dont have an explanation yet. Lot of people brought the game to try it since is B2P, then quit a few weeks or days later. Also i was in a guild of more than 500 players, now we have less than 5 active players. GW2 wont die at all, is b2p, but the population drop of active players was huge and even more faster than D3 at the point that by the end of the year we have probably more active players playing swtor than gw2. 

Happening in my server as well. Until they fix the loot issues with this game it will continue to be so. Loot issues including the current FoTM only focus and the Ascended temptation as well as the overall DR/MF/Drop nerfs/manipulation.

I hardly see anyone anymore and it's sad. Albeit all the problems are end-game but still.

And you all know my history with this title. When someone like me who's been called a fanboi in these forums more times then we've seen the word Kitten in the official forums posts about these problems you know something's wrong with the title.

  botrytis

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 2564

12/18/12 4:08:19 PM#107
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by hikaru77
Originally posted by Volkon

... have been greatly exaggerated. 

 

I think we may have our explanation as to why zones are still showing up as Very High to Full.

No, my server is still FULL but in-game is a ghost town, so no, we dont have an explanation yet. Lot of people brought the game to try it since is B2P, then quit a few weeks or days later. Also i was in a guild of more than 500 players, now we have less than 5 active players. GW2 wont die at all, is b2p, but the population drop of active players was huge and even more faster than D3 at the point that by the end of the year we have probably more active players playing swtor than gw2. 

Happening in my server as well. Until they fix the loot issues with this game it will continue to be so. Loot issues including the current FoTM only focus and the Ascended temptation as well as the overall DR/MF/Drop nerfs/manipulation.

I hardly see anyone anymore and it's sad. Albeit all the problems are end-game but still.

And you all know my history with this title. When someone like me who's been called a fanboi in these forums more times then we've seen the word Kitten in the official forums posts about these problems you know something's wrong with the title.

Seeing people everywhere. I switched to a US server and it is full - hard to get in. The guild I am in is still gaining players. Every main city currently goes to overflow and even some area maps do. The Ascended gear is a non-issue for me as they did mention, before the game was releeased, that they would another tier of armor. What loot issues? I am seeing more rares drop than ever. In GW1, people would go in and out and I think that it will happen with GW2. Does this mean the game is dying - no I don't think it will. I do think that people get too frustrated and want things their way too much. I am kind of sick of the 'cry baby' mentality.

 

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  pedrostrik

Novice Member

Joined: 4/07/10
Posts: 400

12/18/12 4:32:31 PM#108
Originally posted by botrytis

Seeing people everywhere. I switched to a US server and it is full - hard to get in. The guild I am in is still gaining players. Every main city currently goes to overflow and even some area maps do. The Ascended gear is a non-issue for me as they did mention, before the game was releeased, that they would another tier of armor. What loot issues? I am seeing more rares drop than ever. In GW1, people would go in and out and I think that it will happen with GW2. Does this mean the game is dying - no I don't think it will. I do think that people get too frustrated and want things their way too much. I am kind of sick of the 'cry baby' mentality.

 

Yes as me i was playing GW1 since start t'ill June this year, with a lot of breaks ofc.

This weekend my guild was again with more than 20 active people (small guild with only 40 people), and yes not so many people on LA asking for HotFractal's.

  Marirranya

Novice Member

Joined: 12/13/12
Posts: 154

12/19/12 3:54:06 AM#109

awwwww :<

 

and i was just about to start playing the game

 

patching now as we speak :<

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

  UWNVME

Novice Member

Joined: 4/16/06
Posts: 175

12/19/12 4:55:04 AM#110

I always hear the haters using leveling zone activity as the basis of their argument for "GW2 is dead". Fact is, the activity in GW2's leveling zones is really not that much different from those in WoW. I remember Summer of 2011, I was playing WoW and leveling an alt on Alliance Proudmoore, the top West Coast PVE Alliance realm, and yet believe it or not, outside of Elwynn Forest, none of the leveling zones were an endless burst of activity. I spent lots of time leveling in mid-level zones and only seeing the occasional other player pass by every few minutes. I would do zone searches just to see the exact number and that usually ranged from no higher than 8-13 at evening hours. It feels just as GW2 does now.

 

It's not hard for me to understand. People hit max level in MMO's and then they go chill in whatever the main hub city happens to be. It's like this in GW2 and it was like this on my old WoW server. Yeah lots of people levelup alts as well, but for most it's not a top priority.

  User Deleted
12/19/12 5:04:03 AM#111
Originally posted by killion81
Originally posted by Volkon

... have been greatly exaggerated. 

 

I think we may have our explanation as to why zones are still showing up as Very High to Full.

 

I'm curious what data they are using for this article.  When I click the link attached to "Guild Wars 2" in the article, it brings me to Green Man Gaming with the following Top Sellers listed on their main page.

 

1 King Arthur II $9.99
2 Chivalry: Medieval ... $24.99 $12.49
3 The Secret World (NA) $29.99
4 Borderlands 2 Season Pass ... $29.99
5 Guild Wars 2 $59.99 $57.99
6 MK AK $9.99
7 Bastion $14.99
8 Dishonored: DLC $4.99
9 EVE - 60 day $34.99
10 BL2 Creature Slaught $4.99
 

Probably updated daily, because it now shows:

 

1 Dishonored $59.99 $29.99
2 Guild Wars 2 $59.99 $41.99
3 Doom 3 BFG Ed $29.99 $10.49
4 Cognition: Hangman $9.99 $2.49
5 Sniper: GW $19.95 $1.99
6 EVE: Starter pack $19.99 $4.99
7 Euro Truck Simulato... $29.99 $14.99
8 Fallout: New Vegas $19.99 $9.99
9 Dishonored: DLC $4.99
10 Nail'd $4.99 $2.49

 

Still, performing quite well for a dead game.
 
 
  Pivotelite

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2195

12/19/12 5:14:01 AM#112
Originally posted by KingJiggly
Originally posted by hikaru77
Originally posted by The_Korrigan

GW2 is also still in the TOP 5 of amazon.com PC game sales, despite the numerous other popular games released lately.

But that's also only a lie, a conspiration - the little group of doom sayers who, on this site and others, post that games are dead because they happened to not enjoy them, can only be right. I mean, if John Doe on the MMORPG.COM forums says a game is failing, it can only be true.

Nobody is saying that the game is dead, but the Hype was just insanely huge and a few month later,it was just that, hype.

That is why it is still in the top 5 of amazon... All hype. Do you hear yourself? 

 

TERA is still in the top 15 with both the digital and physical copies.  #5 and #15 and TSW is #1, ahead of GW2. TERA is a niche game that released 8 MONTHS AGO, yet still has both copies in the top 15.

 

Regardless if it's on sale atm or not, that says a lot. It's not hard to be in the top, heck 3 months after TERA released it had a big sale and topped at #1 in ALL gaming products on Amazon even beating out Xbox live timecards and controllers lmao.

 

So how populated are TERA and TSW? Not very populated regardless of Amazon copies sold, since not everyone buys things from Amazon.

 

Besides, GW2 is ranked #149 in overall video games, TERAs sale put TERA at #1 even three months after release, which is pretty crazy, yet TERA is still pretty dead.

 

Amazon sales mean nothing in the long term, especially because you could buy the game and never even end up playing it!

 

Actually when my TERA guild tried forming a guild in GW2, 50% of the players who came over logged in once made their characters played to level 6-12 and never logged in again, that's how the B2P model works, thats how game hoppers work these days, that's why sales numbers never mean anything anymore, it's all about retention rate.

  User Deleted
12/19/12 5:37:39 AM#113
Originally posted by JoeyMMO
"m.pcgamer.com" doesn't seem like the most reliable source of information. Poorly built webpage with a pcgamer logo tacked on.

Uhhh.... because its the mobile webpage? Whch accounts for the poor quality when viewed on a desktop.  

Hahahahahahahaha. Oh god. Thanks for the laugh.

  User Deleted
12/19/12 5:46:58 AM#114
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by KingJiggly
Originally posted by hikaru77
Originally posted by The_Korrigan

GW2 is also still in the TOP 5 of amazon.com PC game sales, despite the numerous other popular games released lately.

But that's also only a lie, a conspiration - the little group of doom sayers who, on this site and others, post that games are dead because they happened to not enjoy them, can only be right. I mean, if John Doe on the MMORPG.COM forums says a game is failing, it can only be true.

Nobody is saying that the game is dead, but the Hype was just insanely huge and a few month later,it was just that, hype.

That is why it is still in the top 5 of amazon... All hype. Do you hear yourself? 

 

TERA is still in the top 15 with both the digital and physical copies.  #5 and #15 and TSW is #1, ahead of GW2. TERA is a niche game that released 8 MONTHS AGO, yet still has both copies in the top 15.

 

Regardless if it's on sale atm or not, that says a lot. It's not hard to be in the top, heck 3 months after TERA released it had a big sale and topped at #1 in ALL gaming products on Amazon even beating out Xbox live timecards and controllers lmao.

 

So how populated are TERA and TSW? Not very populated regardless of Amazon copies sold, since not everyone buys things from Amazon.

 

Besides, GW2 is ranked #149 in overall video games, TERAs sale put TERA at #1 even three months after release, which is pretty crazy, yet TERA is still pretty dead.

 

Amazon sales mean nothing in the long term, especially because you could buy the game and never even end up playing it!

 

Actually when my TERA guild tried forming a guild in GW2, 50% of the players who came over logged in once made their characters played to level 6-12 and never logged in again, that's how the B2P model works, thats how game hoppers work these days, that's why sales numbers never mean anything anymore, it's all about retention rate.

Ummm where is it ranked #149? For most digital distributors GW2 has been the top MMO since its launch.

TSW got a recent spike with the B2P change, and is far from dead.

On Amazon GW2 is ranked 12th, WoWs expansion is ranked 14th and there are no other MMOs in the top 100. God knows what TERA is at. I haven't seen TERA on any lists since its first week.

  Pivotelite

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2195

12/19/12 6:03:57 AM#115
Originally posted by evilastro

On Amazon GW2 is ranked 12th, WoWs expansion is ranked 14th and there are no other MMOs in the top 100. God knows what TERA is at. I haven't seen TERA on any lists since its first week.

 I'm talking about amazon.com, maybe you're talking about .dr, .uk, .ca ?

  Phry

Elite Member

Joined: 7/01/04
Posts: 5518

12/19/12 6:14:20 AM#116
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by evilastro

On Amazon GW2 is ranked 12th, WoWs expansion is ranked 14th and there are no other MMOs in the top 100. God knows what TERA is at. I haven't seen TERA on any lists since its first week.

 I'm talking about amazon.com, maybe you're talking about .dr, .uk, .ca ?

amazon.com is just another region of amazon, it doesnt cover the 'whole' company.  sales in different regions will vary, but that doesnt make them any less valid.

  Mothanos

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/20/10
Posts: 1885

12/19/12 6:19:25 AM#117

So much hate versus a game that is topping all charts.
Hate versus a game those haters never play, but ohhhh does it feel good to see a game fail.
That feeling inside you, getting warm and fuzzy hmmmmmm, oh how i long to see games fail.
Its my mission in life to be a forum warrior in the interwebs making games fail.

You guys are hilarious, little cry baby's :)

Ive stopped playing GW2 to spend some time with Hawken, great free to play game and very addictive :)

Once WvW gets sorted out i will return to peek what improved, for now its me spending time in Hawken gaving the time of my life :) !!!

  Alberel

Novice Member

Joined: 12/02/09
Posts: 1121

12/19/12 6:35:29 AM#118

Sales mean money for ANet but they don't really say much for the game. Being a B2P game has the effect of having people buy it for the hell of it just to have the option to play it on the side. This is the first holiday season post-launch so it's hardly surprising that all the kids whose parents won't pay a sub for them have asked for it for xmas. That doesn't mean they'll actually play it after a few days. I really wouldn't put much value in those numbers.

Ultimately I don't even care though. I stopped playing because bugs that were present throughout beta STILL havn't been fixed, NONE of the professions are balanced and ANet showed themselves to be incompetent again and again with incredibly bad priorities.

What I still find laughable is that people defend it with the 'it's only been out x months' argument. They'll no doubt still be saying that at 6 months when the bugs from beta are STILL there rendering dozens of class traits broken and skills useless. ANet don't seem to give a damn about the bugs, as evidenced by the fact Jon Peters admitted they only have TWO staff working on bug fixing! O_o

They have a real mis-management issue. The ascended gear debacle was simply the final nail in the coffin for most that quit after the Karka patch. Those still playing probably aren't aware that half their traits aren't doing anything.

  jpnz

Novice Member

Joined: 6/29/06
Posts: 3565

12/19/12 7:02:00 AM#119
Originally posted by Alberel

Sales mean money for ANet but they don't really say much for the game. Being a B2P game has the effect of having people buy it for the hell of it just to have the option to play it on the side. This is the first holiday season post-launch so it's hardly surprising that all the kids whose parents won't pay a sub for them have asked for it for xmas. That doesn't mean they'll actually play it after a few days. I really wouldn't put much value in those numbers.

Ultimately I don't even care though. I stopped playing because bugs that were present throughout beta STILL havn't been fixed, NONE of the professions are balanced and ANet showed themselves to be incompetent again and again with incredibly bad priorities.

What I still find laughable is that people defend it with the 'it's only been out x months' argument. They'll no doubt still be saying that at 6 months when the bugs from beta are STILL there rendering dozens of class traits broken and skills useless. ANet don't seem to give a damn about the bugs, as evidenced by the fact Jon Peters admitted they only have TWO staff working on bug fixing! O_o

They have a real mis-management issue. The ascended gear debacle was simply the final nail in the coffin for most that quit after the Karka patch. Those still playing probably aren't aware that half their traits aren't doing anything.

Wonder how many refunds there were?

I know some got theirs refunded after three months.

I personally had enough fun so I'll keep my copy though.

 

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  Naral

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/07/10
Posts: 754

12/19/12 7:42:32 AM#120
Originally posted by UWNVME

I always hear the haters using leveling zone activity as the basis of their argument for "GW2 is dead". Fact is, the activity in GW2's leveling zones is really not that much different from those in WoW. I remember Summer of 2011, I was playing WoW and leveling an alt on Alliance Proudmoore, the top West Coast PVE Alliance realm, and yet believe it or not, outside of Elwynn Forest, none of the leveling zones were an endless burst of activity. I spent lots of time leveling in mid-level zones and only seeing the occasional other player pass by every few minutes. I would do zone searches just to see the exact number and that usually ranged from no higher than 8-13 at evening hours. It feels just as GW2 does now.

 

It's not hard for me to understand. People hit max level in MMO's and then they go chill in whatever the main hub city happens to be. It's like this in GW2 and it was like this on my old WoW server. Yeah lots of people levelup alts as well, but for most it's not a top priority.

The difference there, is that WoW is 10 years old. I started playing WOW almost five years after launch and the low end zones were still very active, very full. GW2's levelling zones on my server (Tarnished Coast) were depopulated two and a half months in. 

The problem GW2 has is not unique to GW2. It is pretty much the same as every MMORPG released in the last 5 years. The content has no longevity, no staying power. People do not play the game, its like they play through the game to reach the end. And like so many other recent MMORPGs, once you reach the end, you realize it has limited replayability, so there are no alts levelling up. People either leave, or remain on their mains (speaking in generalizations, and speaking from my own experience and that of the 60 or so people I was guilded with, who have all left for other pastures now). 

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search