|21 posts found|
12/14/12 10:22:30 AM#21
Originally posted by Raserei
1) The game is certainly better in some areas. For PvE, the LFG tool combined with server merges and F2P are some great additions for the PvE crowd who like to do operations and flashpoints. In general, PvE also got a few more operations to do. So, the PvE front seems to be better by a reasonable amount but nothing super drastic. For PvP, the downside is that Ilum PvP was removed and there is no indication that it is going to be fixed anytime soon. Also on the downside is class balance, which remains a problem and Bioware's responses don't indicate they think it's an issue. The upside is that there are 2 new warzones to fight and ranked PvP, but you better be one of the "preferred overpowered classes" to play.
2) Cash shop is mostly vanity, some xp boosts but if you're level 50 it's vanity.
3) Runs slightly better in my opinion, but not by much. You might not notice it as much since large-scale PvP isn't possible anymore with the removal of Ilum as a PvP destination. If you keep the game small-scale, it runs okay.
4) PvP is currently unbalanced, and it is easier to stun folks although the range of stuns was reduced as an offset. My tank is unkillable. Some DPS classes way outdamage other DPS classes. Operative/scoundrel healers are way better at healing than other healers....etc. So, if you have the "preferred" class for the specific roll, you think it's all okay. If you happen to play a specific roll with a non-preferred class, you'll be very frustrated. However, Bioware remains ignorant of the differences as they looked at kill/death reported ratios at the end of warzones to determine balance. As you know, if you do 1 point of damage to someone that eventually dies, you get a kill credit. Thus, if you do 25% of the damage and the other DPS player can do 75% of the damage, you both get credit and are equal in Bioware's view, but ranked PvP players only want the class that does the 75% of the damage, not the one that does 25% of the damage. And for defensive tanks, I'm still pretty much unkillable with an oprative healer (and with my guard, the operative healer is pretty much unkillable).
In conclusion, if you just want to PvE, this game is okay. If you want warzone PvP, you better have the right class and not care so much about class balance. If you want large-scale PvP, this game isn't for you. If you only want to experience some of the class stories, best bet is to just go F2P and make a new account since your old account might not have enough character spaces to do the new stories.
Hope this unbiased post helps.