|6 posts found|
8/09/12 7:00:59 AM#1
Hi, I'm looking for an MMO that gives an oldschool feel like playing Zelda or Legend of Mana? I prefer games with a paperdoll system (items show up on character avatar and with some decent customization.
Games I've seen and don't care to play:
World of the Mad God
8/09/12 1:26:52 PM#2
Originally posted by couponfork
If you're into old Final Fantasies, there's a game called The Return of Magic Online. I've opened a thread here about it http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5194793/thread/359924#5194793
Anyway, here's the official website http://thereturnofmagic.com
8/09/12 10:29:20 PM#3
Here are a couple (they are older though...)
The 4th Coming
Each server has different rule set and they costumize each with new content and items. It is a mmo copy of Diablo sorta.
Black Moon Chronicals: Winds of War
Its had a rough development history (on its 3rd company now) but is it kind of fun. Lots of work going on but its kind of a open beta. Based on a French combic book, and the art style is sort of combic book.
The opinion of a penguin.
8/09/12 10:32:51 PM#4
Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound
9/14/12 1:47:51 PM#5
Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...
9/14/12 7:22:43 PM#6
If your open to graphics, as it appears you are :) I would try a game called NexusTK.
Its a longstanding mmorpg thats been around for like 15 years. The graphics are better than
the games you listed. Here let me name off its traits.
- Free to Play til lvl 50
- 99 levels But after you get to the max level, You sell your experience for stats.
- After lvl 99 all caves are based on vita and mana stats to enter the caves.
- There is No cap to Your vita and mana and caves get pretty big
- There is a very active roleplaying community
- Political positions can be earned, as well as leaders of great Guilds. Instead of
one guys running your guild, in this game a bad guild leader can be forced out
And replaced. This is done by a peoples vote.
- The Game is ThemePark AND Sandbox all in 1, the people do help change the
lands. You can build rooms onto your guild halls which cost guild currency, but
the GMs will take your maps and add them to your halls.
- Site has Map editor for the above mentioned.
- the game starts with 4 paths, Warrior,Rogue,Mage,Poet. Each Path has 4 options;
Warrior: Do,Chongun,Chunryong, Barbarians
Mages: Shaman,Geomancer, Diviner, Jujak
- There is no auction house, but the game has a massive built in board system which
people use to buy and sell etc.
- There is tons of reading material in the game, from roleplay to actual game history.
- Based on Ancient korea mythology.
- PVE game but has some of the best PVP fun ive had in any game.
Carnages: team vs team pvp, ive seenthese get upto 100 ppl
Bloodlust: Same as Carnages but less stat restrictions.
FoxHunts: 2 teams take the feild all on horses for speed. Each team has a fox and the objective
Is to capture the other teams fox. Sound silly but really fun
Elixers: Tactical archery capture the flag event. hard to explain but super fun!
This game ranks in my top 3 favorite mmo ever existsed. 1.FF11 (pre abyssea) 2. NexusTk, 3.Lineage1
Have any question about this game feel free to PM me :)
Destiny has cheated me
Without these hands I can't complete