|14 posts found|
4/26/12 2:36:18 PM#1
Obsidian is a multi-game guild, comprised of groups of members from previous games who have played over a decade together, starting back in Ultima Online, EverQuest and Asheron's Call. The core of our members have been in high-end guilds/clans in most online games, achieving the server firsts in PvE (Everquest, WoW, Everquest 2) and high ranking PvP (WoW Gladiators, DAoC) We have a dual guild leader system, with 25+ years of MMO experience between them. The core of our members have been in high-end guilds in most MMOs. We are currently or plan to be active in Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars 1, Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, Planetside 2, and more but our focus is mostly going to be in Guild Wars 2.
Guild expectations/who we are looking for:
1. We are looking for dedicated PVP and PVE players that enjoy both casual and hardcore playstyles.
2. PVP players are very welcome to apply, we love PVP and have played at a high level of PVP in multiple games (Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Lineage 2, Warhammer, World of Warcraft, DAOC) We plan to have a group of PVPers that can run WvWvW and competitive PVP groups nightly.
3. Casual players are also welcome, people who just wish to group for instances, PVP casually, craft, and just have fun. We want the guild to be comprised of people with varying interests so that every member gets the most out of the guild.
4. While we do not require our members to be of a certain age, we do require you are mature enough to handle a guild composed mostly of players 25 and over. You have to be prepared to be respectful to all players in guild and out, and to handle certain language guild members might use.
5. We request members use our voice chat programs, they will not be required to but it will benefit the guild when you are able to at least listen.
Players we are not recruiting:
We will aggressively remove anyone who belongs in one of the below categories
1. Immature people - Obsidian does not limit by age and we do have a few members under the age of 20, but if you are under 20 and do not feel you are mature for your age (or heck, if you're 30 and immature) this may not be the guild for you.
2. L33T People - I don't believe I need to explain this.
3. Greedy people - We work by way of Need Before Greed within our guild, extending beyond the party you are with.
5. Drama majors - Obsidian has no use for drama or politics.
Players we are Recruiting:
1 . Mature members - The average age in Obsidian is somewhere in the mid twenties. This is just to give you an idea of the mind set of the guild. Age is not a requirement and we do have members who are under 20 who happen to be mature for their age.
2. Team Players - Obsidian members do help each other out. We frown upon charging other members for items, or asking for help and not returning the favor. It is expected to share high demand items to guild members if no one in a party can use an item and another guild member can.
3. Self Sufficient - We do help our members out, but you have all run into those needy people who seem to need help with everything. We will be avoiding that.
4. People who can take a joke - Obsidian is big on humor. Dont take things personally.
5. Courteous - If you promise to be somewhere at a certain time, be there, dont make others wait on you. (We do understand real life occasionally gets in the way)
Our guild uses a dual guild leader system, this prevents one person from holding too much power and makes all guild decisions more fair.
Any member can be promoted to officer at any time if the guild leadership and officers vote they would be a great asset to the guild leadership. Any member also thinking they can carry certain responsibilities in the guild are encouraged to approach a guild leader about becoming an officer. Officers can also be voted in by the guild as a whole if they believe the person is capable of a leadership position. Officer positions are limited and officers that have been voted in can be removed by popular vote or guild leadership if there is a feeling the officer has either not met expectations or has stopped performing their duties. Positions that we are currently looking to fill in leadership positions are:
2. WvWvW Organizers
3. Competitive PVP team leaders
We are currently recruiting all classes.
If you wish to apply, please PM me or register and apply at http://obsidianguild.enjin.com/recruitment ,
Thank you for reading!
7/16/12 3:31:56 PM#2
Bumping this thread because we are actively recruiting again with the release date announced and BWE #3 approaching. Feel free to apply any time to get to know us/see if you like the guild. We are currently playing League of Legends and Diablo 3 mostly while waiting for Guild Wars 2, and have a few members working on the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 1.
7/24/12 12:58:00 PM#3
Hope everyone had fun with BWE #3.
We are now recruiting for head-start/release and are hoping to recruit players of all types. We are going to be playing other games while waiting for Guild Wars 2, and welcome people to join us and hop in our chat to get to know us.
7/28/12 10:52:41 PM#4
Recruiting a few more members, we are around the goal size for launch and are looking for a few new members to fill our ranks.
7/31/12 1:57:18 PM#5
Just bumping the thread, no new info!
Still recruiting new members of any profession.
8/07/12 3:12:19 PM#6
Still looking for a new members, casual and hardcore both welcome. We could use a few interested in structured/tournament PVP, and are trying to gather a force large enough for some organized World vs World.
8/10/12 11:11:53 AM#7
No new info, just a bump!
We have a few members participating in all the stress tests happening and welcome anyone to join us for them.
8/14/12 4:17:19 PM#8
Still looking for a few more members!
Voting on a server and some other guild things this week and I'll update our post when it is all decided.
8/17/12 3:11:26 PM#9
Updated our original post with new information, and we have selected our server as Fort Aspenwood.
Any are welcome to apply.
8/18/12 2:02:38 AM#10
Hi , lately I've found myself sucked into RP (couldn't believe how much fun they are. Anyways doe's the guild have a vent/ts server?
8/18/12 6:03:30 PM#11
Originally posted by pdabb38
Hiya! We use mumble for our voice chat. Most members try to be in there when they're playing with guildies, but it isn't required. If you have any questions feel free to message me on here or on our website.
8/21/12 2:20:12 PM#12
We are excited with head start approaching and are looking for a few more members. All are welcome to apply regardless of class but are specifically short on necromancers and engineers.
9/06/12 5:10:03 PM#13
With the rush of head start and release over, we are looking for a few more members again. Any professions are welcome to apply.
9/13/12 5:19:03 PM#14
We are looking for members who participate in any aspect of the game, but are specifically looking for those interested in World VS World with the announcement of the longer battles to begin.