Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,059 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,808
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Everquest Next: Landmark Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 

General Discussion  » MASSIVE population drop in last 2 weeks!

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
112 posts found
  Zippy

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/03
Posts: 1428

6/02/12 6:02:27 PM#81

Tor has not been steady at all on Tor Status.  It has had massive decline every day since January.  With the exception of a 3 day stretch shortly after 1.2 released where there was a posoitve gain fro 3 consecutive days.  But that was immediately followed by bigger and bigger drops each day.  The Tor Status shows the total amount of the drop from all servers in the bottm left corner.  That has been dropping of late as there are so few peoplle left and almost all servers are dead.  There is very little room forit drop nowas it only has a handful of servers left that are not dead.

  Dromedarr

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/09
Posts: 76

 
OP  6/02/12 6:08:05 PM#82
Originally posted by Zippy

Tor has not been steady at all on Tor Status.  It has had massive decline every day since January.  With the exception of a 3 day stretch shortly after 1.2 released where there was a posoitve gain fro 3 consecutive days.  But that was immediately followed by bigger and bigger drops each day.  The Tor Status shows the total amount of the drop from all servers in the bottm left corner.  That has been dropping of late as there are so few peoplle left and almost all servers are dead.  There is very little room forit drop nowas it only has a handful of servers left that are not dead.

yes, there's been decline, but not anything alarming

 

look at the graphs

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg821/scaled.php?server=821&filename=torstats.jpg&res=landing

 

feb till mid May - BLUE

 

it's pretty steady both EU and US

ORANGE - massive drop in last 2 weeks, now it's so low that torstatus can't even detect the drop. it's prety much LOW all the time on most servers

  Trol1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/23/12
Posts: 184

6/02/12 6:49:44 PM#83
Originally posted by Bardus
Originally posted by Trol1
Originally posted by mikahr
Originally posted by Trol1

 

SWTOR's biggest issue was/is that people didn't get the alt system clear enough as the basis that SWTOR is build upon:

if people were still working their way thru creating new characters by following their storylines, nobody would see a big issue.

Instead kids today want to be at the top in no time so creating a second (or heaven forbid 3rrd, 4th 6th 8th) character if they've already completed the game once is pointless to them.

I'll give you the kids part but it stops after "today", the rest of that....WUT?

We don't get the system? How about the system sucks and we get it perfectly. They created a game thats only content is leveling toons. On top of that only about 10% of each toon leveling is different than the one before it if it's in the same faction. The only variety is one toon on this faction and one on the other. There's not even variety in the missions. They are all kill X this many times and return. That is fun? let me ask that again. Is that fun?

I think the people that have given up has seen the big issue clear as a bell. The game is not designed to STAY fun.

Wow there! You may not like/get the alt system, others do. Does that mean it's bad? Nope.

And yes, BW made the mistake of not giving more class unique quests which of course would have made playing any class a more unique experience.

Yet, there is a fact that BW sadly failed to point out: you don't need to do every quest available to get your toon to lvl50!

So, if you know this, you can actually reduce the number of re-used quests quite a bit: skip that Heroic 4, instead do that Heroic 2+, with the next toon then do the Heroic 4 but skip the Heroic 2+, etc.

Plus there are factors like PvP and space missions.

I have only ever done 1 space mission on any of my toons, so if I were to start a new one and get him to his ship, yeah, I'd have a whole new playground, the space missions to level my char up with.

Oh, and excuse me, but how many games have missions/quests that are something else than "kill X this many times"? If you say GW2, I'll laugh my arse of and send it your way! GW2 is just as "kill X this many times" they just hide it via a progress bar and by adding some alternative thing you can also do to complete the quest (which usually are things like "erase X of those graffity" or "stomp on X hornets nests").

And again, just because you aren't having fun doesn't mean other people can't have fun. I mean nobody is forcing you to play the game, right?

  User Deleted
6/02/12 6:58:11 PM#84
Originally posted by Trol1
snip

Less and less people are having fun by the day.

But...everythings fine, amirite?

And by the looks of it...you are having more fun here than playing it :)

  Trol1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/23/12
Posts: 184

6/02/12 7:01:18 PM#85
Originally posted by k1klass

i left in april, declining population and declining guild and no matter how much i tried i lost my fanboi ways and just ended up hating the game, mainly becouse i spent 130 on the ce edition for a really poor game which i did sort of see coming when they announced and showed off the flash space game on rails, i just hoped the rest would be better but take away the great storyline system and you left with a below average mmo.

on further reflection the best star wars mmo was shutdown, i had 3/4 years on/off subs in that game and now see it was a far better game, just wish they had relaunched that with graphics update lol

Bravo! Well said!

You ordered the CE.

You hated the game when they told you that space compat is on rails.

You are now complaining that you bought the CE.

You know, this is what I don't get: when you already have an inkling that something in the game is bad - maybe even as unimportant a cog as the space missions - why did you stick with the CE?

I mean I'd understand if you'd downgraded to the deluxe or the regular, heck, if space combat was as important to me as it seems to be to you, I'd even cancelled the order completely and waited for the reviews/trial options to come in...

I would not have kept the CE!

Unless of course you reallyreallyreally wanted all the other stuff that came with it?

In that case, well, you got what you paid for: a game that would have cost you just as much in either the reg. or deluxe version, with the deluxe giving you a few more extras, and all the other junk you bought the CE for.

Stop complaining and man up to the calls you make!

  Theodwulf

Hard Core Member

Joined: 2/01/12
Posts: 184

6/02/12 7:01:56 PM#86

  It's too bad.. BUT it was bound to happen. You know things are going to go real bad when the company blames all their problems on the customer.. The same thing happened when SWG got the NGE..if you ..the paying customer..didn't like the new game. it was because you were stupid ..and probably fat..and stupid. It couldn't possibly be their product  that was at fault.

 

 

 

  Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

6/02/12 7:04:41 PM#87
Originally posted by Trol1
 

Wow there! You may not like/get the alt system, others do. Does that mean it's bad? Nope.

And yes, BW made the mistake of not giving more class unique quests which of course would have made playing any class a more unique experience.

Yet, there is a fact that BW sadly failed to point out: you don't need to do every quest available to get your toon to lvl50!

So, if you know this, you can actually reduce the number of re-used quests quite a bit: skip that Heroic 4, instead do that Heroic 2+, with the next toon then do the Heroic 4 but skip the Heroic 2+, etc.

Plus there are factors like PvP and space missions.

I have only ever done 1 space mission on any of my toons, so if I were to start a new one and get him to his ship, yeah, I'd have a whole new playground, the space missions to level my char up with.

Oh, and excuse me, but how many games have missions/quests that are something else than "kill X this many times"? If you say GW2, I'll laugh my arse of and send it your way! GW2 is just as "kill X this many times" they just hide it via a progress bar and by adding some alternative thing you can also do to complete the quest (which usually are things like "erase X of those graffity" or "stomp on X hornets nests").

And again, just because you aren't having fun doesn't mean other people can't have fun. I mean nobody is forcing you to play the game, right?

nobody is forcing you to come on to these forums and defend a sub par mmo but you still are... either way point me to a decent somewhat recent sci-fi MMO and ill be on my way to play that but till then ill complain about swtor and the broken shell of game it turned out ot be compared to what it could of been. Also comparing actual gameplay questing from swtor to GW2 is laughable yes the VO in swtor is nice but actually getting from point A to point B is mind numbingly boring in swtor

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  n3v3rriv3r

Novice Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 322

6/02/12 7:09:23 PM#88

This is the price of arogance.  I stil remember how beta players (and fedback) were treated the first month -thanks to fanboys of course they didnt feel the need to listen to anyone.

  Zippy

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/03
Posts: 1428

6/02/12 7:14:04 PM#89
Originally posted by Dromedarr
Originally posted by Zippy

Tor has not been steady at all on Tor Status.  It has had massive decline every day since January.  With the exception of a 3 day stretch shortly after 1.2 released where there was a posoitve gain fro 3 consecutive days.  But that was immediately followed by bigger and bigger drops each day.  The Tor Status shows the total amount of the drop from all servers in the bottm left corner.  That has been dropping of late as there are so few peoplle left and almost all servers are dead.  There is very little room forit drop nowas it only has a handful of servers left that are not dead.

yes, there's been decline, but not anything alarming

 

look at the graphs

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg821/scaled.php?server=821&filename=torstats.jpg&res=landing

 

feb till mid May - BLUE

 

it's pretty steady both EU and US

ORANGE - massive drop in last 2 weeks, now it's so low that torstatus can't even detect the drop. it's prety much LOW all the time on most servers

How is that not alrming they want from Very heavy to standard to the lowest possible poin light or 1.0.  One cannot get lower than a one which is essentially where they are now.  All servers are dead except 13 (10 US and 3 Euro)and of the 13 8-9 more will be dead within month.  Essentially they will be left with 4-5 viable servers out of the 200 they started with.  How can the drop off not be any steeper.

  Dromedarr

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/09
Posts: 76

 
OP  6/02/12 7:15:18 PM#90
Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

This is the price of arogance.  I stil remember how beta players (and fedback) were treated the first month -thanks to fanboys of course they didnt feel the need to listen to anyone.

Sadly I was one of the fanboys. Not anymore. The game's going down, big time.

  Trol1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/23/12
Posts: 184

6/02/12 7:18:05 PM#91
Originally posted by Rocketeer 

What a rant. Look, some of us have been in this situation before. Picked the wrong server in WHO, rerolled on a higher pop one. Then that became low pop aswell, and i rerolled on the next, then that one went down the drain again ... Im just not up for a repeat of that.

Besides if everyone would do as you told and recruit people from other servers(which won't really work since they are a) alts of 50s with legacy tree they like to keep, or b) don't see the point of rerolling from a low pop server on another low pop server just cause you say it'll be fine) then there would still be servers that would be low pop and everyone would still be unhappy(you ninja players from server x to your server y, and someone taking your advise from server y ninjas them from your server x, yeah nothing changed). There are just too many servers period, and no amount of players shuffling their seats around will change that.

Besides its not like BW is posting warning signs of "do not join" on low pop servers. New people will roll their toons on them because they believe low pop servers will eventually turn into med and high pop servers, since the game is new and all.

 

Telling people to reroll is no solution because you simply don't know which server will die next, server mergers are the solution. 

You know, you should probably stop playing MMOs with more than 1 server, otherwise the same story you had with WHO may repeat again... and again... and again...

Sorry, your points are are a bit of a joke:

I read "ninja" as stealing from someone.

So, who would you be stealing players from? What person? The server?

D'oh... isn't that server merger just that? "Hey, I picked The Swiftsure, if I wanted to play on The Fatman I'd picked that one, now you are telling me that my Swiftsure is merged with The Fatman? And the result is called The Fatman because that is the stronger of the two?" 

Nobody does "ninja" players, all you do is offer them a better home. Which they may see as true or not afterall you are saying that they should rather join you than you giving up your toons and join them (or any other server for that matter).

And why would BW have to put up warning signs to stop people from joining low pop servers?

Iirc this game is rated PG12/Teen... now if I (and BW) can't trust someone age 12 or older to look at the server pop information and make their own choice, maybe MMOs should only be available for purchase after you have completed some training and gotten yourself MMO cerified...?

Anyhow, yes, "server mergers" will probably happen (or something like that... in the long run...) but the whines are now... so, here are your choices: stop the whine until BW comes thru with what they say they will (eventually) be doing, or find an alternative to do now...

If you pick the first, well, do you really think BW will say "oooh, Rocketeer is whining again, maybe we should do the transfer thing a week early?"

  Dromedarr

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/09
Posts: 76

 
OP  6/02/12 7:18:36 PM#92
Originally posted by Zippy
Originally posted by Dromedarr
Originally posted by Zippy

Tor has not been steady at all on Tor Status.  It has had massive decline every day since January.  With the exception of a 3 day stretch shortly after 1.2 released where there was a posoitve gain fro 3 consecutive days.  But that was immediately followed by bigger and bigger drops each day.  The Tor Status shows the total amount of the drop from all servers in the bottm left corner.  That has been dropping of late as there are so few peoplle left and almost all servers are dead.  There is very little room forit drop nowas it only has a handful of servers left that are not dead.

yes, there's been decline, but not anything alarming

 

look at the graphs

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg821/scaled.php?server=821&filename=torstats.jpg&res=landing

 

feb till mid May - BLUE

 

it's pretty steady both EU and US

ORANGE - massive drop in last 2 weeks, now it's so low that torstatus can't even detect the drop. it's prety much LOW all the time on most servers

How is that not alrming they want from Very heavy to standard to the lowest possible poin light or 1.0.  One cannot get lower than a one which is essentially where they are now.  All servers are dead except 13 (10 US and 3 Euro)and of the 13 8-9 more will be dead within month.  Essentially they will be left with 4-5 viable servers out of the 200 they started with.  How can the drop off not be any steeper.

ok, once again: last 2 weeks were extremely bad for population. it's so low, it's not even possible to measure it anymore. The last 2 week are alarming. 

  punkrock

Novice Member

Joined: 10/31/03
Posts: 1786

6/02/12 7:22:10 PM#93
Ao is really the only true sci fi game, it just looks old that is the only problem with it, but it is getting a update*this time for real* EVE is ok i guess but it is sci fi, if you like only ships.

MYSPACE ACCOUNT

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=80721225



Which FF Character Are You?

  Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/30/04
Posts: 1172

6/02/12 7:26:09 PM#94

It seems any MMO sucks atm including WoW if we look at Xfire which is a trendindicator.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
Cinematic Trailer - Mechwarriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MhkoptR_l4

  Trol1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/23/12
Posts: 184

6/02/12 7:26:42 PM#95
Originally posted by Greyhooff
Originally posted by Trol1
 

Well, isn't that precious?!

Okay, if you are such a big hero character, ever considered to try helping those people who feel alone on their server and have only 1 lvl50 (if at all)?

All it takes is less than 10 secs to roll a random toon on another low pop server, then go to Fleet and fire off a bit of spam telling people who'd like to start a new character on a different server (read: yours) that you'd support them.

Who knows, maybe you can even get a guild behind that movement?

But no, you'd rather sit on your arse and whine and tell BW to fix it.

You know, I'd perfectly well understand if BW doesn't care about their "target audience" if the target audience is like you.

...

 

So you blame "lazy players" for playing on empty servers, saying they should "just reroll all their toons" on a more populated server? What blame would you assign to Bioware-EA who destroyed their own game through sheer incompetence, dishonesty and laziness?

For a while I thought no one could be that dumb.

Then I checked and found that since joining these forums last month you have done nothing but make long posts criticising GW2 and praising (or deflecting blame away from the developers of) SWTOR.

I guess it's obvious what you are.

A person who tasted the hype that is GW2 and found it yuck? A person who actually has fun playing SWTOR?

Oh my, I must be some sort of alien, a mutation, a pod person out to get you... oh, wait, those are the GW2 fanbhoys... nevermind...

Yes, I do blame "lazy players" for not being able to change things - things that they could change themselves! - but rather start whine and cry for BW to fix things.

Which is even funnier considering that you are saying that BW destroyed the game?

For a moment I was tempted to return the "dumb" compliment, but rather I'll leave you to the dreams that the moronic handyman who just broke all the water pipes in your kitchen is the right person to turn to when it comes to the gas leaking from the oven...

  aesperus

Elite Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 4508

6/02/12 7:30:42 PM#96

I guess that's what happens when you combine a major release (diablo 3) with a public announcement that the company basically doesn't give a crap about the game anymore. I was honestly surprised TOR kept it's population as high as it did for so long.

  Kost

Newshound

Joined: 1/15/10
Posts: 1968

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

6/02/12 7:33:51 PM#97
Originally posted by Trol1
Originally posted by Rocketeer 

What a rant. Look, some of us have been in this situation before. Picked the wrong server in WHO, rerolled on a higher pop one. Then that became low pop aswell, and i rerolled on the next, then that one went down the drain again ... Im just not up for a repeat of that.

Besides if everyone would do as you told and recruit people from other servers(which won't really work since they are a) alts of 50s with legacy tree they like to keep, or b) don't see the point of rerolling from a low pop server on another low pop server just cause you say it'll be fine) then there would still be servers that would be low pop and everyone would still be unhappy(you ninja players from server x to your server y, and someone taking your advise from server y ninjas them from your server x, yeah nothing changed). There are just too many servers period, and no amount of players shuffling their seats around will change that.

Besides its not like BW is posting warning signs of "do not join" on low pop servers. New people will roll their toons on them because they believe low pop servers will eventually turn into med and high pop servers, since the game is new and all.

 

Telling people to reroll is no solution because you simply don't know which server will die next, server mergers are the solution. 

You know, you should probably stop playing MMOs with more than 1 server, otherwise the same story you had with WHO may repeat again... and again... and again...

Sorry, your points are are a bit of a joke:

I read "ninja" as stealing from someone.

So, who would you be stealing players from? What person? The server?

D'oh... isn't that server merger just that? "Hey, I picked The Swiftsure, if I wanted to play on The Fatman I'd picked that one, now you are telling me that my Swiftsure is merged with The Fatman? And the result is called The Fatman because that is the stronger of the two?" 

Nobody does "ninja" players, all you do is offer them a better home. Which they may see as true or not afterall you are saying that they should rather join you than you giving up your toons and join them (or any other server for that matter).

And why would BW have to put up warning signs to stop people from joining low pop servers?

Iirc this game is rated PG12/Teen... now if I (and BW) can't trust someone age 12 or older to look at the server pop information and make their own choice, maybe MMOs should only be available for purchase after you have completed some training and gotten yourself MMO cerified...?

Anyhow, yes, "server mergers" will probably happen (or something like that... in the long run...) but the whines are now... so, here are your choices: stop the whine until BW comes thru with what they say they will (eventually) be doing, or find an alternative to do now...

If you pick the first, well, do you really think BW will say "oooh, Rocketeer is whining again, maybe we should do the transfer thing a week early?"

Possibly one of the most ridiculous responses I've ever read on these forums.

You've never heard of backdoor recruiting? You must be new to online gaming, sounds like you need a lesson in netiquette.

The game has been going downhill since launch and isn't improving. Stop blindly defending something because of a misplaced sense of loyalty and face the reality of the situation.

  p_c_sousa

Novice Member

Joined: 3/31/08
Posts: 627

6/02/12 7:44:39 PM#98
Originally posted by Trol1
Originally posted by Greyhooff
Originally posted by Trol1
 

Well, isn't that precious?!

Okay, if you are such a big hero character, ever considered to try helping those people who feel alone on their server and have only 1 lvl50 (if at all)?

All it takes is less than 10 secs to roll a random toon on another low pop server, then go to Fleet and fire off a bit of spam telling people who'd like to start a new character on a different server (read: yours) that you'd support them.

Who knows, maybe you can even get a guild behind that movement?

But no, you'd rather sit on your arse and whine and tell BW to fix it.

You know, I'd perfectly well understand if BW doesn't care about their "target audience" if the target audience is like you.

...

 

So you blame "lazy players" for playing on empty servers, saying they should "just reroll all their toons" on a more populated server? What blame would you assign to Bioware-EA who destroyed their own game through sheer incompetence, dishonesty and laziness?

For a while I thought no one could be that dumb.

Then I checked and found that since joining these forums last month you have done nothing but make long posts criticising GW2 and praising (or deflecting blame away from the developers of) SWTOR.

I guess it's obvious what you are.

A person who tasted the hype that is GW2 and found it yuck? A person who actually has fun playing SWTOR?

Oh my, I must be some sort of alien, a mutation, a pod person out to get you... oh, wait, those are the GW2 fanbhoys... nevermind...

Yes, I do blame "lazy players" for not being able to change things - things that they could change themselves! - but rather start whine and cry for BW to fix things.

Which is even funnier considering that you are saying that BW destroyed the game?

For a moment I was tempted to return the "dumb" compliment, but rather I'll leave you to the dreams that the moronic handyman who just broke all the water pipes in your kitchen is the right person to turn to when it comes to the gas leaking from the oven...

looool. seem that the company excuse for the game have an incredible drop of server population is fine for some players, even is defend. just LOL. 

"lets blame players for the low population server, much better than complain us and with some luck some troll will believe  this and defend us". by EA xDD

is because players like you that MMORPG are on the current state.

EA/Bioware complete destroyed the game ALONE

  Zippy

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/03
Posts: 1428

6/02/12 7:45:55 PM#99
Originally posted by Dromedarr
Originally posted by Zippy
Originally posted by Dromedarr
Originally posted by Zippy

Tor has not been steady at all on Tor Status.  It has had massive decline every day since January.  With the exception of a 3 day stretch shortly after 1.2 released where there was a posoitve gain fro 3 consecutive days.  But that was immediately followed by bigger and bigger drops each day.  The Tor Status shows the total amount of the drop from all servers in the bottm left corner.  That has been dropping of late as there are so few peoplle left and almost all servers are dead.  There is very little room forit drop nowas it only has a handful of servers left that are not dead.

yes, there's been decline, but not anything alarming

 

look at the graphs

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg821/scaled.php?server=821&filename=torstats.jpg&res=landing

 

feb till mid May - BLUE

 

it's pretty steady both EU and US

ORANGE - massive drop in last 2 weeks, now it's so low that torstatus can't even detect the drop. it's prety much LOW all the time on most servers

How is that not alrming they want from Very heavy to standard to the lowest possible poin light or 1.0.  One cannot get lower than a one which is essentially where they are now.  All servers are dead except 13 (10 US and 3 Euro)and of the 13 8-9 more will be dead within month.  Essentially they will be left with 4-5 viable servers out of the 200 they started with.  How can the drop off not be any steeper.

ok, once again: last 2 weeks were extremely bad for population. it's so low, it's not even possible to measure it anymore. The last 2 week are alarming. 

I agree it is alarminga s the game likely only has 200k players left and is rapidly heading to under 100k.  With only 13 very light servers left it would be hard to believe any mroe than that are playing.  But the decline the [ast two months is no different than the decline that we have seen on ToR Status since January.  It has been hemeroaging quite a bit almost everyday since release.  With a small slide orleveling  in the decline when 1.2 released.  The problem  in any game like his is when people start leaving it creates a domino effect where it encourages more people to leave. resulting in hte 156 dead servers they have now.  If they acted differently and put in free server transfers they likely could have saved a lot of these people and funnled them to other servers.

But EA/BWs direction has to been to try to foolpeople into believing the game is successful hoping they can attract mroe people.  That has failed miserably and has essentially kiled the game.  Thier new idea is this mega server scam where they can pretend to put everyone on 4 big servers when they know in a few weeks there will only eb enough players to support 4 normal servers,  it allwos them to save face, pretend the game is doing well and encourages fanboys to post even more ridicoulous garbage.  But when I say that Tor is dead I do not say this in a happy way.  It is a shame and it is sad for what the game could have been.  But there may be a chance with cntinued funding Tor could have a resurgence in a year or two.  One has tolook no further than AO or EQ2 to see its possible.  But for now at least in the short term its a dead game.

  User Deleted
6/02/12 7:55:33 PM#100
Originally posted by ignore_me

 

As a rule, if I see someone use the words Whiney, Whiner, Whining, I know the post is garbage.

 

I totally agree with this. I learned to filter out a lot of dross here.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search