Hell Build....so far...so good.
Hi, thought it might be a good idea to discuss peoples builds here since I'm not going to register at any other site, too many accounts already. I'm currently playing wizard so that's where I'm going with this. Starting a thread on each class would be nice as I would love to see what kind of builds people are playing, and currently am loving the one I've made; so I'll share it, stay a while and listen :P.
I'm currently in Act1 Hell and doing real well; group kills of normal mobs are real easy so far. Sometimes elite monsters, especially ones with minion mob immunity destroy me, but eventually I kill em. This build is based on doing as much dmg as possible while staying alive, lol, could probably be said about most all builds.I'm using a two handed wep with 259dmg and about 80+int on it. All my other items arefocused on +int and some +vitality. I don't really care about armor stats too much, just more int=more dmg is all I care about. Resistances are high so no need for resistance armor. Also not using the 20% dmg mitigation passive since it's only for melee, otherwise I might. This build is not in any particular order, just how I have it set up. This is sort of an Ice Wizard build, not on purpose but a nice way to get lots o lots of damage while slowing your enemies a bit.
I'll start with my passives, the skills will make more sense then, either way I guess heh, here we go..
1. Cold Blooded - Adds 20%dmg of cold dmg dealt when enemies are chilled or frozen. 20%dmg on top of my 4.5k? I'll take it. Alls I have to do is chill or freeze the enemies now.
2. Glass Cannon - 15%dmg with -10% reduced armor and resist. Well, since my armor doesn't seem to matter all that much(maybe in inferno it will?) and intelligence increases resistances I don't see why I wouldn't want another 15% dmg on top of my 4.5k. This plus Cold blooded and so far we're going for 35% more dmg as long as enemies are chilled or frozen, otherwise 15% ain't bad either. Nice! You'll see below that with Magic Weapon as a skill, we're hitting 50% increased dmg with this build, as long enemies are chill or frozen.
3. Astral Presence - Gives me the Arcane Power(mana) I need to pull of this build. Otherwise I'd run out of bombs too quick, especially on elite enemies where I sometimes temporarily run out, then I run and mitigate anyways, so it refills quick enough.
1.Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell, the upped dmg mitigation rune. About 14kdmg absorbed, max 7secs. Also, u could use the rune that lowers arcane cost, but so far I find the ability to tank for a few seconds quite helpful in all fights.
2. Mirror Image with Duplicates, the 5 images @ 25%health rune. Like this one cuz it really really distracts from my char being hurt. It does fizzle sometimes on bosses or elites, and I end up switchin to Simulacrum rune. Both Diamond Skin and Mirror Image last for 7 secs(unless diff rune), both with a 15s cooldown, so one or the other is always being used. So I normally cast Mirror Image after my first 1 or 2dmg spell, once an enemy starts the chase, after 7 secs, switch to Diamond Skin. It also works good in reverse with hard but normal mobs. When it comes to elites Mirror Image is almost always before Diamond Skin after dmg spell.
3. Magic Weapon with Force Weapon, 15% wep(base) dmg increase rune. Can't really live without this if you're(or me :) ) trying to do lots of dmg. I go from 3.9k(or 3.7? can't remember, servers are down, will edit) to 4.5k dmg when I use this spell, invaluable in my opinion.
4. Blizzard with the Snowbound rune, which equals a reduced cost from 35 to 20 arcane power. This is my "other" dmg dealing skill that I use to tack on that extra+chill my enemies for the Cold Blooded Passive dmg bonus. Also it's cheap with the rune, I needed cheap dmg. I decided this was better then adding 12%dmg with Familar>Sparkflint, 15% with Frost Nova>Bone Chill, 20% with Slow Time>Time Warp, after experimenting with how much dmg I could do to an enemy per every few seconds. Turning dmg numbers on will experimenting has shown me lots and I'm pretty darn sure that casting another spell is better then those other bounses to my main spell, which we're getting to next. If I was gonna switch this spell it would probably be for Energy Armor with Energy Tap, or Force Armor, once I unlock it. Other potentials for switchin if you didn't like Blizzard might be Frost Nova with either Frozen Mist or Bone Chill, or Slow Time with some rune or another.
5. - Left Mouse Button(1) - Arcane Torrent with Disruption rune. This spell does good dmg actually, espcially with Disruption tagging on another 15% to repeated arcane attacks. The bolts explode and the this particular rune allows you to aim the skill farther. So when using this skill I'm doing +45%base dmg + the 175%wep dmg(per 3 missles/sec it seems) cuz it's not cold dmg. That's right! I have no signature spell for the moment. Until I get the passive skill that makes good use of using a signature spell, I don't want or need one. Plenty of arcane power for now.
6. - Right Mouse Button(2) - Hydra with Frost Hydra rune. This does more dmg then blizzard, and cost a lot less then Comet, or Blizzard with runes besides the Snowbound rune. This is the first skill I cast before an enemy starts chasing me if they do. Then I mirror image and recast when the enemy is distracted by the illusions. The range is short so you have to keep up with enemies. At 15 arcane power it's not hard to do. Each head spits the Frost Cone, chilling enemies and doing 31%dmg per head; about 93% per second. Also the Cone is AOE, hitting more then one enemy. Cast it in a pot of enemies with Blizz + bombing with Arcane Torrent and you destroy groups quick, including many champ packs and easier elites(read non-immune minions :P)
So basically a fight for me goes, as I creep through dungeons, Frost Hydra and Blizzard first. I squeeze in some Arcane Torrent missles if I can then I cast Mirror Image after the enemy gives chase, and is closeish to me. Then I run back just a little until the enemy engages the illusions of my char. Then i proceed to recast my spells in the order above, spamming Arcane torrent until the enemy is dead. If the enemy is not dead I cast Diamond Skin and tank or run depending on how much dmg the enemy does. If it is an elite I mostly run :P. I try to squeeze in some dmg from all the spells while in Diamond Skin. When Diamond Skin wears off, I restart at Mirror Image while squeezing in some dmg before if I can. When all is working perfect, depending on the enemy, all 3 spell are simultaneously doing about 6-10k dmg per second. A side note though, when fighting fast moving single bosses(e.g. Diablo) I generally switch out Arcane Torrent for Frost Beam with 280%dmg/sec after 1.5secs of 210% use. This is more direct, never misses, and gives massive cold dmg, about 4-5k/sec on top of the other two cold spells, Frost Hydra and Blizzard. I found it near impossible to use, say, Meteor>Star Pact with conflagration and sometimes the slower moving Arcane Torrent, on Diablo and other fast movers. Using Mirror Image and Diamond skin are essential to this, they must be used perfectly or you will die. Or you'll have to figure out other skills that work well to avoid being destroyed. I find Diamond Skin to be the best Oh SH$T button though. That's my build for torquing, with some other info about options and modifications that I like thrown in folks. Drawn out as hell, enjoy :P. Would love to see some other peoples post builds working in Hell+ difficulties. Thx for your time :).