There is new housing and crafting being tested as of
May 11 2012 Come take a look.
Full text below.
" Trendy Thursday - Houses Release 3 (for reals)
Release 3 of the new housing system is now ready, with the final reset of houses.
Do not be alarmed! Only houses have been reset.
Now that the reset is complete, your house has been reset to the starter size, with no cultivated items and no furniture. Any upgraded furniture you had in your house or your furniture bag has been removed. You've be given a small set of starter furniture in its place.
When you enter your new house after the reset, any items that you had in your old house or your testing house will have been moved into your new residence. Just unpack your moving boxes to get started. Your new house contains multiple boxes for your old house, your test-house home street, test-house backyard and each floor of your test-house.
So that's what the reset entails, but what's changed? Well...
• Furniture can now be crafted by players. Get building!
• Your new houses will now have their own web page, linked from your profile. You'll be able to easily visit other people's home streets from there (as well as from their "info pane" in the game client).
• Once you've chosen/purchased a furniture upgrade, that choice is 'sticky'. If you upgrade a chair to style A, then switch it to style B, you'll later be able to switch back to style A at no cost. The same applies to your house chassis.
• The initial furniture we give you is soul-bound. This means you can't give it away to other players. Other items may gain this property in the future.
• Furniture can now be traded - either by using the 'give' verb, dragging it to another player or using the player-to-player trading system. You'll get an extra warning when you try to trade upgraded furniture. Auctions for furniture will be added in the near future.
• Furniture should no longer drop through the floor when you're placing it on your 2nd floor. Or your 3rd - houses can now be 3 floors tall.
• All street styles now have music.
• Furniture items all have their own web pages, as do the upgrades. You can browse and bookmark your perfect setup while you're waiting for the reset.
• The furniture bag is now sorted, to make finding your furniture easier. And it'll now be accessible anywhere in the world, to allow your to trade your items.
• The old houses are fading away. Visit the abandoned apartment blocks to reminisce.
The housing FAQ has been updated to answer some of your questions. The player Scarf was also kind enough to compile this huge list of questions & answers from the previous R3 thread.
Take a look around, kick the tires and lets us know what you think.
From the Glitch web site