Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,264 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,606
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2 

Beta Weekend Event Reviews & Impressions (Archived)  » Guild Wars 2 - Nope

10 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search
192 posts found
  LizardEgypt

Novice Member

Joined: 2/25/09
Posts: 359

Hmm ?

4/28/12 1:10:45 PM#81
Originally posted by Purgatus

This whole thread is the biggest case of missing the forest for the trees I have ever seen.

This game is amazing. It does so many things right it's ridiculous. Innovative with a capital "I" and thats a buzz word I hate to use.

To all those who dislike the game, I hope you find something great for yourself, cause if ts not this, I have no idea what will satisfy you.

I can hardly wait to play without game-breaking lag!

 


By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

  Channce

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/22/04
Posts: 551

4/28/12 1:13:54 PM#82
Originally posted by LizardEgypt
Originally posted by Purgatus

This whole thread is the biggest case of missing the forest for the trees I have ever seen.

This game is amazing. It does so many things right it's ridiculous. Innovative with a capital "I" and thats a buzz word I hate to use.

To all those who dislike the game, I hope you find something great for yourself, cause if ts not this, I have no idea what will satisfy you.

I can hardly wait to play without game-breaking lag!

 


By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

why dont you get out your development hat?

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

  LizardEgypt

Novice Member

Joined: 2/25/09
Posts: 359

Hmm ?

4/28/12 1:15:28 PM#83
Originally posted by Channce
Originally posted by LizardEgypt
Originally posted by Purgatus

This whole thread is the biggest case of missing the forest for the trees I have ever seen.

This game is amazing. It does so many things right it's ridiculous. Innovative with a capital "I" and thats a buzz word I hate to use.

To all those who dislike the game, I hope you find something great for yourself, cause if ts not this, I have no idea what will satisfy you.

I can hardly wait to play without game-breaking lag!

 


By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

why dont you get out your development hat?

I've been on multiple development teams, that's not what this is about.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

  Celusios

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/06/10
Posts: 352

4/28/12 1:18:40 PM#84

Thank you OP! I have been telling people since I got B&'d for my NDA breach (on MMORPG) that this game was crap. It's nothing revoultionary or exciting. I got to be in the first group and that entire weekend I played a max of 2-3 hours if that. There is nothing different, and as you said they claim "NO QUESTS AND GRIND" but at every corner I find myself... killing x mob for some random event to get XP to lvl.

It's genuinely nothing new. I guess you could say the whole dialog concept is cool though?? Oh && the dodge system blows, you can only do it so often making it pretty pointless in PVP.

  Loke666

Elite Member

Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 16745

4/28/12 1:23:44 PM#85
Originally posted by LizardEgypt
By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

The thing is that you play more with other people in GW2 than in any other game I seen since Eve and UO.

PQs have been done before but not to replace quests altogether, and the fact that they all scale actually make the game pretty massive.

As for teleporting, just don't. I seen no need to do it so far at all. Why would I? I teleported 3 times the 10 hours I been playing, to hook up with buddies. There are people running all over the game anyways. that might change a while after launch when some zones becomes more empty of course but running around is actually pretty fun.

The thing I like best is not innovative at all though: Exploration. Modern MMOs almost made me forget that part but GW2 have plenty of it, I used to love that in the classic games like M59.

GW2 is not the perfect MMO, but it is pretty fun so far and I am looking forward to the dungeons. I would be playing all night except a buddy just called and said it was his birtday and booze is on him.

  Loke666

Elite Member

Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 16745

4/28/12 1:26:56 PM#86
Originally posted by Celusios

Thank you OP! I have been telling people since I got B&'d for my NDA breach (on MMORPG) that this game was crap. It's nothing revoultionary or exciting. I got to be in the first group and that entire weekend I played a max of 2-3 hours if that. There is nothing different, and as you said they claim "NO QUESTS AND GRIND" but at every corner I find myself... killing x mob for some random event to get XP to lvl.

It's genuinely nothing new. I guess you could say the whole dialog concept is cool though?? Oh && the dodge system blows, you can only do it so often making it pretty pointless in PVP.

I don't agree. That you only can dodge a limited number of times makes PvP a lot more interesting, now you have to use it just the right time instead of spamming it. Timing is everything and so should it be.

  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Joined: 6/10/09
Posts: 5854

4/28/12 1:27:05 PM#87
Originally posted by itgrowls
Just FYI, the poster's history shows bw/ea fanboism. Despite his claim of loving GW2, i doubt this post is anything more then an attempt at forum pvp on the very weekend of open beta. I'll be checking the histories of all such "honest" reviewers as i see them come through.

So do we get to dismiss your future opinions in upcoming game discussions because you're a GW2 positivist?  Dismissing someone's post because they were a fan of a previous release is juvenille and shows a bit of the hive-mind coming out here.  So continue your McCartheism by all means, but your judgement about others is meaningless.

Curse you AquaScum!

  Chrome1980

Novice Member

Joined: 4/14/12
Posts: 523

4/28/12 1:31:23 PM#88
Originally posted by itgrowls
Just FYI, the poster's history shows bw/ea fanboism. Despite his claim of loving GW2, i doubt this post is anything more then an attempt at forum pvp on the very weekend of open beta. I'll be checking the histories of all such "honest" reviewers as i see them come through.

Huh majority of players (correct me if i am wrong) play multiple MMOS here. But even if someone was supporter for X mmo in past how is their opinion of less importance based on their past gaming preferences?

Should i use the same logic on you and simply ignore anything positive stuff you have to say about GW2? because your posting history shows mostly one thing... praising GW2.

or this was a failed attempt to start another GW2 vs swtor flame fest?

  Anireth

Elite Member

Joined: 1/28/05
Posts: 426

4/28/12 1:32:39 PM#89

Diablo 3, which is a single player/coop rpg with forced always on had a way worse stress test. I touched it twice: Once when ii got my closed beta invite, and once in the public beta/stress test to play with friends. Got bored of it quickly.

GW2..no matter what you think of the game itself, it was all out there. The visuals, the animations, the skills, the dynamic events, the shop...you name it, it was out there. If you managed to download the game and complain here, you could have managed to do your research before downloading a game you certainly won't like just to bash it.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

  Vidir

Novice Member

Joined: 1/14/04
Posts: 966

4/28/12 1:34:31 PM#90
Originally posted by Aroich1

 This isn't revolutionary.

 What do you expect,something totally different from other games, like you sit down and watch tv within your game with your character and get xp you you manage to watch whole series of boring tv programs with him/her.There will not be any revolutionary things in the games,it is all about gaining xp and level your character.

  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Joined: 6/10/09
Posts: 5854

4/28/12 1:34:34 PM#91
Originally posted by Loke666
Originally posted by LizardEgypt
By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

The thing is that you play more with other people in GW2 than in any other game I seen since Eve and UO.

PQs have been done before but not to replace quests altogether, and the fact that they all scale actually make the game pretty massive.

As for teleporting, just don't. I seen no need to do it so far at all. Why would I? I teleported 3 times the 10 hours I been playing, to hook up with buddies. There are people running all over the game anyways. that might change a while after launch when some zones becomes more empty of course but running around is actually pretty fun.

The thing I like best is not innovative at all though: Exploration. Modern MMOs almost made me forget that part but GW2 have plenty of it, I used to love that in the classic games like M59.

GW2 is not the perfect MMO, but it is pretty fun so far and I am looking forward to the dungeons. I would be playing all night except a buddy just called and said it was his birtday and booze is on him.


From the livestreams I've watched I saw a lot of people playing around other people, but not really with other people.  The livestreamers never  once, that I saw, picked up strangers and brought them along for further adventures.  They just all helped each other on the current quest and then moved on.

Teleporting and instancing seemed to work like you mentioned in another post as being very dependent on how people play.  I didn't see a lot of teleports and instances in the live streams because they were mostly roaming within a zone.  But I guess if people were doing a lot of map hopping and personal story then there are going to be a lot of loading screens and instances.

Curse you AquaScum!

  Schoeneck93

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/24/11
Posts: 71

4/28/12 1:44:16 PM#92

In all honesty, I've played Guild Wars forever, and been a huge fan. I played the first Guild Wars beta, and I"ve been playing Guild Wars ever since.

 

Guild Wars 2 is everything I hoped it would be, as far as I'm concerned, for their first beta event, they did a pretty damn good job. 

 

Not only can I run this game on the lowest settings and still have game graphics that pull me into the game, there's a difference with this game between Warhammer and Rift and all the others, the fact that people actually play it, and the fact that people actually work together. It's awesome to watch groups of people put up siege weapons, and then people from around the WvWvW come in to help build it with the supplies picked up.

 

I personally never fought in mobs like this in Rift, and I tried it for quite some time. I never exerpeinced anything even close to this in Warhammer either, in fact, Warhammer was terrible in my opinion. 

The shape this game is in in its first open beta is astonishing. I remember TRYING to play SWTOR in the beta, and Tabula Rasa, and plenty of other game betas, and they were absolutely terrible. Arena Net even anticipated overflow and created an awesome overflow zone where you can actually play around while you wait in the que, instead of staring at a retarded screen that tells you how long you're going to have to wait before you get in to play anything. 

I've had a few bugs, but that can be expected in any beta. 

 

I also love how yesterday people were just giving the team tons of suggestions on the beta forums, and then later that night they have an update, you get on the game, and if you're an avid reader on the beta forums for GW2, then you see that they literally added some of the suggestions into the game that very day. 

I've NEVER seen a team do this, for any game. Its awesome, and I love it. 

I will admit that I lag more in the campaign player instances than I do in the open WvWvW, but that's to be expected too, a lot more animation and effects go into the campaign than go into simple player models casting spells at each other. 

And even at that, usually lag in the game is minimal. There has been server-wide lag, but only on a few occassions that were far and wide. 

If you want an extremely intuitive game, that is new in its own way by combining elements from other games that were awesome all into one game, then Guild Wars 2 so far is the way to go. None of the stuff that you can buy in the shop is really overpowered, so its not P2W. If you ask me, it requires a lot of money to run the kind of servers this game is running, its not all that bad of an idea. Not only that, it keeps gold companies from coming in and ruining the game so easily like they did in the first one. 

I've also had a bug occur when in WvWvW where the enemy team can see our team chat, but I reported it a long with a few others and I'm sure they are working diligently to fix it, along with other bugs that are being sent in. 

What I really can't wait to see is the NEXT beta, this is the first beta, this is where they truly collect data on the game and suggestions, I want to see what they improve on by the next beta. 

Overall though, this game is pretty well polished for being on its first beta. I've never experienced immersive large-scale PvP like I have over the past 24 hours in Guild Wars 2. Nor have I experienced the amount of cooperation you see in GW2 in ANY game I've ever played. Its designed to be intuitive and for it to be easy to help each other and work together. I love that. 

And on another note, I played City of Heroes, A LOT, and it was again, imo, terrible. Nothing like GW2 at all. In fact that's a pretty far stretch dude. 

  SuperXero89

Novice Member

Joined: 8/16/09
Posts: 2609

4/28/12 1:48:29 PM#93
Originally posted by Adalwulff

The truth is, all the hate is because they are lost!

They dont know what to do, they are so used to having thier hand held, and being led down a path, and so they are pissed, thinking the game is lacking direction, when really its them.

It kinda reminded me of EVE when I first played, I was like..... "what do I do now?!"

Ive been seeing it all day today and yesterday, people standing around in game asking, wheres the quests....LOL!

These kinds of players are looking for that CLEAR path to pwnage, they want to know exactly what the best gear is, how to get it, so they have some direction.

All I can say to those players is........   GOODBYE !!

The game is still a level-based themepark.  You can't run in any single direction for over 5 minutes without running into mobs that are too high for you...

I can tell you where the quests are.  The quests are those little heart shaped icons on the map.  There's about less than 50 in the whole zone, and they're nothing but kill/collect quests with a progress bar instead ofa  kill count.  The rest of your PvE progression will consist of running DEs which repeat over and over again, or am I to believe that's a different set of centaurs that attack the farmer's crops every 10 minutes?

  Purgatus

Novice Member

Joined: 4/22/12
Posts: 347

4/28/12 1:52:33 PM#94
Originally posted by LizardEgypt
Originally posted by Purgatus

This whole thread is the biggest case of missing the forest for the trees I have ever seen.

This game is amazing. It does so many things right it's ridiculous. Innovative with a capital "I" and thats a buzz word I hate to use.

To all those who dislike the game, I hope you find something great for yourself, cause if ts not this, I have no idea what will satisfy you.

I can hardly wait to play without game-breaking lag!

 


By Innovative, you mean rehashing the same style of questing, PQuests,ect that has already been done before. This time with selective instancing and even more conveinence features just in case you got tired of walking.

What would satisfy ME is a real MMORPG. Not this flashy instanced teleporting crap. That's not an MMO. It's an online RPG. I can't stress this enough. Innovative is going backwards right now, we're innovating to the point where these games aren't even true MMORPGs where player interaction matters anymore, they are become games designed so that every minute you're doing something you THINK is important and rewarding because the developers have designed it so. Some of us aren't that blind and slow to just accept things on a dinner plate like that, reward is something we decide ourselves.

Please elaborate on what it does 'right'. If you're talking about the combat system and the emphasis on teamplay in PVP, then I might agree with you. If you're talking about any of the other rehashed features, then you've probably preordered every single MMO in the past 5 years.

The largest inovation is the fundamental design shift to co-operative enviroment for both PvE and PvP. If you truely have the design experience you are claiming then you should know what I mean. If you want a list of features I'd be happy to list them, Im just not conviced you care at all to listen to another opinion, and its a watse of time. I hope I am wrong.

  Celusios

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/06/10
Posts: 352

4/28/12 1:53:32 PM#95
Originally posted by Loke666
Originally posted by Celusios

Thank you OP! I have been telling people since I got B&'d for my NDA breach (on MMORPG) that this game was crap. It's nothing revoultionary or exciting. I got to be in the first group and that entire weekend I played a max of 2-3 hours if that. There is nothing different, and as you said they claim "NO QUESTS AND GRIND" but at every corner I find myself... killing x mob for some random event to get XP to lvl.

It's genuinely nothing new. I guess you could say the whole dialog concept is cool though?? Oh && the dodge system blows, you can only do it so often making it pretty pointless in PVP.

I don't agree. That you only can dodge a limited number of times makes PvP a lot more interesting, now you have to use it just the right time instead of spamming it. Timing is everything and so should it be.

Do you honestly believe this games PVP will be any different from WoW, beyond the occasional dodges (that won't matter in the long run) and the "equal pvp" system they have. I know you out of most posters on this forum do not fall into the hype of games Loke (from previous engagements). You're content with this crap game or not?

  Purgatus

Novice Member

Joined: 4/22/12
Posts: 347

4/28/12 1:58:19 PM#96
Originally posted by Celusios
Originally posted by Loke666
Originally posted by Celusios

Thank you OP! I have been telling people since I got B&'d for my NDA breach (on MMORPG) that this game was crap. It's nothing revoultionary or exciting. I got to be in the first group and that entire weekend I played a max of 2-3 hours if that. There is nothing different, and as you said they claim "NO QUESTS AND GRIND" but at every corner I find myself... killing x mob for some random event to get XP to lvl.

It's genuinely nothing new. I guess you could say the whole dialog concept is cool though?? Oh && the dodge system blows, you can only do it so often making it pretty pointless in PVP.

I don't agree. That you only can dodge a limited number of times makes PvP a lot more interesting, now you have to use it just the right time instead of spamming it. Timing is everything and so should it be.

Do you honestly believe this games PVP will be any different from WoW, beyond the occasional dodges (that won't matter in the long run) and the "equal pvp" system they have. I know you out of most posters on this forum do not fall into the hype of games Loke (from previous engagements). You're content with this crap game or not?

Invulnerability doesn't strike you as a POWERFUL advantage?

Have you even played this game?

  freston

Novice Member

Joined: 8/20/07
Posts: 527

4/28/12 2:08:23 PM#97

I was going to write a very lengthy wall of text defending GW2, but ive decided to make it simpler.  

You may like or dislike it, tastes are subjective and no 2 persons will agree 100% on everything. I had a lot of trouble logging into the beta on friday night (i live in Europe). I am writing this on Saturday night, the server has just crashed again but ive managed to play 10 hours non stop with minimal problems and no lag.

Was it worth it? 

To me, it was.

Is the game good?

To me, it is.

Was it a money well spent?

To me , it was.

Would i recommend it? 

Not on this forum. Too much drama. 

  just1opinion

Smart-Alek

Joined: 8/14/07
Posts: 4933

4/28/12 2:15:10 PM#98
Originally posted by freston

I was going to write a very lengthy wall of text defending GW2, but ive decided to make it simpler.  

You may like or dislike it, tastes are subjective and no 2 persons will agree 100% on everything. I had a lot of trouble logging into the beta on friday night (i live in Europe). I am writing this on Saturday night, the server has just crashed again but ive managed to play 10 hours non stop with minimal problems and no lag.

Was it worth it? 

To me, it was.

Is the game good?

To me, it is.

Was it a money well spent?

To me , it was.

Would i recommend it? 

Not on this forum. Too much drama. 

 

I would say the same except for the last bit.  I would still recommend it for people that are interested in a change of pace.  And I don't give a rat's ass what people think of my opinion on this forum.  It's my opinion and it's as effing VALID as theirs.  So people with other opinions can just have their little opinions.  Won't bother me in the least.  I'm still going to be enjoying a new game.  It's not ready for release yet, to be sure, but I'm going to enjoy the beta weekends we get while we're waiting for it.  And I am ANXIOUSLY waiting for it.  I feel much happier about this game than I did SWTOR (thankfully).  I haven't enjoyed a new gaming experience this much since WoW's release.  This is nothing like WoW, BUT....it has given me new places to explore and I'm REALLY enjoying doing that.....at least when there's not a login problem.  lol

 

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

  just1opinion

Smart-Alek

Joined: 8/14/07
Posts: 4933

4/28/12 2:34:28 PM#99
Originally posted by Schoeneck93

In all honesty, I've played Guild Wars forever, and been a huge fan. I played the first Guild Wars beta, and I"ve been playing Guild Wars ever since.

 

Guild Wars 2 is everything I hoped it would be, as far as I'm concerned, for their first beta event, they did a pretty damn good job. 

 

Not only can I run this game on the lowest settings and still have game graphics that pull me into the game, there's a difference with this game between Warhammer and Rift and all the others, the fact that people actually play it, and the fact that people actually work together. It's awesome to watch groups of people put up siege weapons, and then people from around the WvWvW come in to help build it with the supplies picked up.

 

I personally never fought in mobs like this in Rift, and I tried it for quite some time. I never exerpeinced anything even close to this in Warhammer either, in fact, Warhammer was terrible in my opinion. 

The shape this game is in in its first open beta is astonishing. I remember TRYING to play SWTOR in the beta, and Tabula Rasa, and plenty of other game betas, and they were absolutely terrible. Arena Net even anticipated overflow and created an awesome overflow zone where you can actually play around while you wait in the que, instead of staring at a retarded screen that tells you how long you're going to have to wait before you get in to play anything. 

I've had a few bugs, but that can be expected in any beta. 

 

I also love how yesterday people were just giving the team tons of suggestions on the beta forums, and then later that night they have an update, you get on the game, and if you're an avid reader on the beta forums for GW2, then you see that they literally added some of the suggestions into the game that very day. 

I've NEVER seen a team do this, for any game. Its awesome, and I love it. 

I will admit that I lag more in the campaign player instances than I do in the open WvWvW, but that's to be expected too, a lot more animation and effects go into the campaign than go into simple player models casting spells at each other. 

And even at that, usually lag in the game is minimal. There has been server-wide lag, but only on a few occassions that were far and wide. 

If you want an extremely intuitive game, that is new in its own way by combining elements from other games that were awesome all into one game, then Guild Wars 2 so far is the way to go. None of the stuff that you can buy in the shop is really overpowered, so its not P2W. If you ask me, it requires a lot of money to run the kind of servers this game is running, its not all that bad of an idea. Not only that, it keeps gold companies from coming in and ruining the game so easily like they did in the first one. 

I've also had a bug occur when in WvWvW where the enemy team can see our team chat, but I reported it a long with a few others and I'm sure they are working diligently to fix it, along with other bugs that are being sent in. 

What I really can't wait to see is the NEXT beta, this is the first beta, this is where they truly collect data on the game and suggestions, I want to see what they improve on by the next beta. 

Overall though, this game is pretty well polished for being on its first beta. I've never experienced immersive large-scale PvP like I have over the past 24 hours in Guild Wars 2. Nor have I experienced the amount of cooperation you see in GW2 in ANY game I've ever played. Its designed to be intuitive and for it to be easy to help each other and work together. I love that. 

And on another note, I played City of Heroes, A LOT, and it was again, imo, terrible. Nothing like GW2 at all. In fact that's a pretty far stretch dude. 

 

That's a great post, but....the haters won't take the time to read it because they don't CARE about anyone's opinion that opposes their own.  That's human nature, to a degree.  They are far too busy dogging the game that most of them aren't even PLAYING ....they're watching streamed videos and talking about the game as if that was the same thing as actually playing it, so....you know.....great post and a shame it will go mostly unread and will be unbelieved by people who think they know better than the ones playing. /roll eyes

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

  Aroich1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/24/04
Posts: 38

 
OP  4/28/12 2:35:03 PM#100
Originally posted by Vidir
Originally posted by Aroich1

 This isn't revolutionary.

 What do you expect,something totally different from other games, like you sit down and watch tv within your game with your character and get xp you you manage to watch whole series of boring tv programs with him/her.There will not be any revolutionary things in the games,it is all about gaining xp and level your character.

 

Anarchy Online - Revolutionary.

Everquest - Revolutionary.

Eve Online - Revolutionary.

Rift - Not revolutionary but theyre showing potentional in creating their own path for an MMO that has absorbed the traits of WoW and it's predecessors.

Guild Wars 2 - The love child of City of Heroes and WoW with a Guild Wars skin

 

I've played nearly every semi-decent MMO created. Guild Wars 2 promised big things and failed on every aspect.

Guild Wars 1 purposley created a lvl 20 cap because they didnt want people to grind. They wanted people to play.

Guild Wars 2 want people to grind. Theyre in it for the money and they sold out their community

 

NCSoft got there dirty little claws into them and milked them for every penny they could. Game over man, game over.

 

 

10 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search