Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Rift | Hearthstone

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,257 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,658
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

TERA: Rising

TERA 

General Discussion  » Food for Thoughts

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
144 posts found
  jacklo

Novice Member

Joined: 7/29/09
Posts: 582

3/03/12 5:03:35 PM#21
Originally posted by Jimmydean
Originally posted by jacklo
Originally posted by Jimmydean
Originally posted by jacklo

I tend to agree that quests are simply a means to an end.

A game doesn't really start properly until end-game in an mmo, particularly if you enjoy PvP.

 

Yea this is how it has been in the past. But is it a good system? Is it really worth it to spend the time and the money, NOT having fun playing a game?

When GW2 promises fun the entire way, and also at end game? For less money?

It depends on how long it takes to level up really.

In a new game, questing/levelling up introduces you to the nuances of the game. It teaches you the new skills that you aquire, the fundamentals of character control, gives you an introduction to crafting and so on.

I don't enjoy a massive grind, expecially when all I want to do is PvP, but I do appreciate a little hand-holding at the start to familiarise myself with a new game.

Do you even know how many levels there are in TERA? Much more than an introduction to skills.

I know very little about TERA apart from what I've seen in the last couple days beta.

If it turns out to be anything like AION was to level up, it's not the game for me. My post was in reply to another specific post and headed by the sentence "It depends how long it takes to level up".

In retrospect, the most enjoyable levelling experience I ever had was in Warhammer Online, almost exclusively in PvP.

  Sector13

Novice Member

Joined: 8/25/10
Posts: 633

3/03/12 5:06:24 PM#22
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by Clocksimus
 

You are about to bring down the wrath of the 5 million GW2 fanboi's, but it is refreshing to see someone point out that GW2 is not the perfect MMO every fanboi is hyping it to be.

 

EDIT: Fanboi attacked before I could even finish my post. 

What do i care, they are nothing but sheep in my eye's.

 

WORLD DESIGN:  Tera = persistent  GW2 =  instance w/ loading screens

OPTIMATION:  Tera > GW2

Yeah, talk about outright bullcrap. Try again.

  Jimmydean

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1302

3/03/12 5:08:00 PM#23
Originally posted by Sector13
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by Clocksimus
 

You are about to bring down the wrath of the 5 million GW2 fanboi's, but it is refreshing to see someone point out that GW2 is not the perfect MMO every fanboi is hyping it to be.

 

EDIT: Fanboi attacked before I could even finish my post. 

What do i care, they are nothing but sheep in my eye's.

 

WORLD DESIGN:  Tera = persistent  GW2 =  instance w/ loading screens

OPTIMATION:  Tera > GW2

Yeah, talk about outright bullcrap. Try again.

Nah Stayontarget is pretty good at predicting how good games are going to be. I remember him talking up Darkfall Online before that released. Whew, that game took the world by storm.

  romanator0

Novice Member

Joined: 12/02/10
Posts: 2425

3/03/12 5:11:05 PM#24
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by Jimmydean

So why should we play TERA, pay a Box and Sub fee, because they didn't have the development money to put in a good quest system?

TERA has a lot of competition coming into the market at the time it's going to, especially with GW2. GW2 doesn't charge a sub fee, and put in the development money to get rid of the linear quest grind.

So why would someone buy TERA over Guild Wars 2?

Because tera will be better than GW2.

 

OWPVP:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no

GUILD v GUILD:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

SERVER v SERVER: Tera = 4 way   GW2 = 3 way

SERVER INVASON:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

LAND CONTROL:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

COMBAT MECHANICS:  Tera = free aim   GW2 =  modified tab targeting

COLLISION DETECTION:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no.

UI COSTOMIZATION:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

DYE SYSTEM:  Tera > GW2

CASH SHOP:  Tera = no   GW2= yes

CITY DESIGN:  GW2 > Tera

PAYMENT METHOD:  GW2 > Tera

 

 

Could you show Tera's dye system? I have a hard time believing it is anything close to Guild Wars 2's, especially since this is the first time I have ever seen that it has one.

  Sector13

Novice Member

Joined: 8/25/10
Posts: 633

3/03/12 5:15:54 PM#25
Originally posted by romanator0
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by Jimmydean

So why should we play TERA, pay a Box and Sub fee, because they didn't have the development money to put in a good quest system?

TERA has a lot of competition coming into the market at the time it's going to, especially with GW2. GW2 doesn't charge a sub fee, and put in the development money to get rid of the linear quest grind.

So why would someone buy TERA over Guild Wars 2?

Because tera will be better than GW2.

 

OWPVP:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no

GUILD v GUILD:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

SERVER v SERVER: Tera = 4 way   GW2 = 3 way

SERVER INVASON:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

LAND CONTROL:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

COMBAT MECHANICS:  Tera = free aim   GW2 =  modified tab targeting

COLLISION DETECTION:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no.

UI COSTOMIZATION:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

DYE SYSTEM:  Tera > GW2

CASH SHOP:  Tera = no   GW2= yes

CITY DESIGN:  GW2 > Tera

PAYMENT METHOD:  GW2 > Tera

 

 

Could you show Tera's dye system? I have a hard time believing it is anything close to Guild Wars 2's, especially since this is the first time I have ever seen that it has one.

TERA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puGQFOL-qic

GW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SU4dBn_RM

GW2s system seems better IMO.

  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6127

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

3/03/12 5:19:48 PM#26
Originally posted by romanator0

Could you show Tera's dye system? I have a hard time believing it is anything close to Guild Wars 2's, especially since this is the first time I have ever seen that it has one.

Standard dye's video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1AGNvMqMo4  There are also dye's that have color sliders so you can scale through every color specturm.

Dressing room fuction:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87sdChsanw&feature=related

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6127

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

3/03/12 5:22:06 PM#27
Originally posted by Sector13

GW2s system seems better IMO.

Too bad the graphics make it look like shit imo.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  romanator0

Novice Member

Joined: 12/02/10
Posts: 2425

3/03/12 5:23:44 PM#28
Originally posted by Sector13
Originally posted by romanator0
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by Jimmydean

So why should we play TERA, pay a Box and Sub fee, because they didn't have the development money to put in a good quest system?

TERA has a lot of competition coming into the market at the time it's going to, especially with GW2. GW2 doesn't charge a sub fee, and put in the development money to get rid of the linear quest grind.

So why would someone buy TERA over Guild Wars 2?

Because tera will be better than GW2.

 

OWPVP:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no

GUILD v GUILD:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

SERVER v SERVER: Tera = 4 way   GW2 = 3 way

SERVER INVASON:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

LAND CONTROL:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

COMBAT MECHANICS:  Tera = free aim   GW2 =  modified tab targeting

COLLISION DETECTION:  Tera = yes    GW2 = no.

UI COSTOMIZATION:  Tera = yes   GW2 = no

DYE SYSTEM:  Tera > GW2

CASH SHOP:  Tera = no   GW2= yes

CITY DESIGN:  GW2 > Tera

PAYMENT METHOD:  GW2 > Tera

 

 

Could you show Tera's dye system? I have a hard time believing it is anything close to Guild Wars 2's, especially since this is the first time I have ever seen that it has one.

TERA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puGQFOL-qic

GW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SU4dBn_RM

GW2s system seems better IMO.

I agree. Comparing the 2 of them, GW2's has a larger color variety and better ease of use.

  yoshimutu

Novice Member

Joined: 3/07/05
Posts: 10

3/03/12 5:25:42 PM#29

So we have a TERA fanboy saying TERA's better and then talking shit about about people who like GW2? play both. But imo GW2 only just got out of Alpha and it's looking better then TERA.

  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6127

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

3/03/12 5:36:23 PM#30
Originally posted by yoshimutu

So we have a TERA fanboy saying TERA's better and then talking shit about about people who like GW2? play both. But imo GW2 only just got out of Alpha and it's looking better then TERA.

And we also have GW2 fanboys on the Tera forum section talking shit because 98% of these trolls have not even played Gw2 and still they think its the best thing sense slice bread.   It's the same old crap we have seen over and over with games.   Community gets over hyped for a game that they have not even played only to be disappointed in the end.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  rexzshadow

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 1439

 
OP  3/03/12 6:25:15 PM#31
Originally posted by Jimmydean

Hmm I don't know. I really want to buy TERA. The subscription fee really kills it for me though. Why put myself through the horrible quest leveling, a means to an end as you call it, to get to the end game that no one knows what it is like? All the while, paying 15/month to do something I don't enjoy (leveling with quests).

I too like the combat system, but is it enough? I don't know yet.

well different preference. I prefer to lvl asap for end game, for me the joy is in lvling up not the process itself. Just like studying sucks but i do it because when i get good grade its good. Not great example since this is entertiment your paying for but i guess what i'm trying to get it is i don't mind the dull moment for those moment of excitment.

Originally posted by Jimmydean
Originally posted by jacklo

I tend to agree that quests are simply a means to an end.

A game doesn't really start properly until end-game in an mmo, particularly if you enjoy PvP.

 

Yea this is how it has been in the past. But is it a good system? Is it really worth it to spend the time and the money, NOT having fun playing a game?

When GW2 promises fun the entire way, and also at end game? For less money?

It promise but no one know how it will go. For me i feel the total lack of a solid end game. Because if your lvl 1 or 80 when you go in they will scale you to the point. The scaling kill progressino and thats key for some while not ot other. I like the lvling/grind process and in the end i'm awarded with lvl and good gear. GW2 takes away that progression, i mean some like it personally i feel it might be a problem for me but i haven't play the game so i won't know.

Originally posted by fony

and another knife in the heart to Tera fanatics, GW2 does not require or rely on tab targeting. i didn't target anything, ever when i played it because at the time they had that stupid glow around everyting. 

 

further more, mike b compares the two games and comcludes that neither are tab target based but gw2 feels better since you can move and attack at the same time.

 

make less excuses, pick a softer target.

It doesn't have tab target but sure do have an auto target. Also moving while in combat just show more how much it relay on auto targetting. In the video the theif is not even facing the enemy yet all the shot just magically hom to the enemy that the person faced once. The free aiming only seem to be used for AOE or just showing off skilled, if face an enemy your auto targeting.

GW2 combat

Also guys i just read through like 2 pages of random trolling -.- please don't do that. Just because one side goes to troll doesn't mean the other should do the same.

 

  Xasapis

Tipster

Joined: 1/12/07
Posts: 5608

3/04/12 12:09:46 AM#32

Yet again a comparison between X game and GW2. You know, GW2 is really becoming WoW 2 in mainstream appeal (or repulse, depending on how you see it) and the game is not out.

 

First thing first. GW2 won't come out along with both TSW and Tera launching, unless they are utter fools. Reason one, the game is hardly ready, considering that they couldn't show the full thing even on the press. And we all know how reliable press is right? All we have to do is look SW:TOR's way. And reason two, what is is really happening, is that NCsoft trying to mess with Tera as much as possible, starting with that dead end lawsuit and continuing with this GW2 campaign, when they know fully well that the game won't be coming out before the end of summer.

Believe me, you'll be bored of Tera and lose some of your enthusiasm over TSW before GW2 comes out. Besides, what makes more sense, launching your game when two other MMOs are launching at the same period, or wait two months for the enthusiasm over those two to die down?

 

One last thing, both games have features in development, none of us have seen. Yet for those of you who lost your objectivity, it seems that what one developer promises is law, while the other is to be considered with lots of skeptisism. Which is funny really, because unless you actually see the whole product, all you're playing in your head is an idealised version of what you wish you were playing. And please, don't mention press, we know how well that worked for revealing all the shortcomings of SW:TOR.

Bottom line, if you're remotely interested in Tera, there is no reason not to try it. GW2 won't be launching any time soon.

  hotix

Novice Member

Joined: 1/06/11
Posts: 140

3/04/12 12:21:15 AM#33

Xasapis I know that makes sense what you're saying but the GW2 fanboi's wont listen. They still think their game is due in may. LOL a had this discussion earlier with a real life friend, and used the same reasoning you did for why GW2 wont be released until Q3 or Q4. From a business perspective why would they compete when after 3 months of waiting the market will be fresh and ready for its next BIG THING.

  azumax

Novice Member

Joined: 8/26/09
Posts: 1

3/05/12 7:31:23 PM#34

I will just leave this here.

  Jimmydean

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1302

3/05/12 8:04:17 PM#35
Originally posted by azumax

I will just leave this here.

excellent first post. I could probably take an in game shot of tera from a video phone and it would look like that gw2 post too. Neither of those pictures represent what either game is like when you are actually in game.

  santimiar

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/07
Posts: 129

3/05/12 8:56:20 PM#36

I don't know too much about GW2 since i'm not really following it, but does GW2 have quests? If so, what makes the quests different from other MMO's quest?

Melbourne Developer Group Recruitment - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/328931/Melbourne-Game-Development-Group-Recruitment.html

  Jimmydean

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1302

3/05/12 9:17:57 PM#37
Originally posted by santimiar

I don't know too much about GW2 since i'm not really following it, but does GW2 have quests? If so, what makes the quests different from other MMO's quest?

It doesn't have quests. It has dynamic events. Kind of like auto quests but for a purpose. Many ending in killing huge bosses and other things of the nature. Groups auto form for these events.

  santimiar

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/07
Posts: 129

3/05/12 9:36:04 PM#38

so similar to Rift's rift where groups can autoform if you are fighting at the same rift?

Melbourne Developer Group Recruitment - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/328931/Melbourne-Game-Development-Group-Recruitment.html

  Zlayer77

Novice Member

Joined: 5/19/09
Posts: 846

Start worrying about other players in a game and dont just play

3/05/12 10:20:52 PM#39
Originally posted by rexzshadow

So the main complain about Tera is quest pretty much because well its pretty linear and standard. Valid crtitism and issue they need to address. But I feel like people should understand that in Tera is the way it is not because they want it that way but more to the line its the few choice they have.

I hope everyone realise how expansive making a mmorpg is, speically one as massive as Tera. These game aren't cheap, and for a starting Dev company like Blue Hole getting that money probably wasn't easy. So they are working with a very limited resource, and most of it is spent on polishing the combat. Its no easy task and even GW2 couldn't do the collison box detection Tera has.

Originally posted by NBlitz

Yes. GW2 was going for full collision detection much like TERA but they had to back down.

What they did do was make it that you have collision detection with the mob you have targeted and are fighting.

 

http://www.arena.net/blog/eric-and-ben-answer-your-questions-about-warrior-and-traits

http://vampiresbane.blogspot.com/2011/09/pax-guild-wars-2-overview-part-3-gw-2.html

Q: Is it still possible to body-block? In combat, will body direction be important; e.g., players being more vulnerable on the sides and the back?
Eric: Because of many issues with collision in a persistent world, players will not be able to collide with one another in Guild Wars 2. That being said, many skills affect the movement of a target (knockbacks, knockdowns, etc…), which allows players to replicate some of the same body blocking tactics that they used in Guild Wars. Body direction is very important indeed, as there are skills that have a greater effect (more damage, stunning, etc…) when used from the side or behind an enemy.

 

So ya i mean quest is not as good as other current games but i mean there are reasons and hey they revamping 1-40 so at least they know their weakeness and is fixing it.

If you have issue with the combat i'll say this now, its not the game for you. There is no issue with the combat at all. Just the combat is not your taste and its perfectly fine. I mean this game is definally not for everyone, but i do hope people realise that they didn't skim on the quest coz they want to they kinda had to.

O this excuse doesn't work for SWTOR, they spend way too much money to release a game with that many issue -.-

I think a more Important question should be "DO THEY NEED TO BE". I take a grind any day and skipp all quests. I mean you level through it anyways? WHO in their RIGHT MINDS would play an MMORPG for the QUEASTS?

I think you should not be playing games in this genre If the Questing is why you play them. Questing was something that developers put into these games to make the levling less repetativ. It was so the WEAK and Feeble also could play them without breaking... into Tears because they wernt hardcore enough.

I stayed away from SWTOR becuase of the QUESTS and the lame STORY aspect on RAILS shity game that it is.

I would much rather BLUE HOLE put all their efforts into making more Sanbobox and communtity TOOLS instead of wasting development on something that I will only BLOW throguh anyways. I never read Quests I just click click and away with it.

There are many old Hardcore players like me who would jump right into TERA if it started focusing on PVP and Community tools...

Let the weak willed Carebears stay and play their PvE games like WoW and SWTOR. Make TERA like DARK SOULS, really hard and difficult and give us more GvsG and community tools and meaningfull CRAFTING at endgame... and shit will sort itself out.

THE QUEAST SYSTEM IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE GRIND!!!!

  BethelsBoy

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/18/08
Posts: 209

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

3/05/12 10:27:28 PM#40
Originally posted by Zlayer77
Originally posted by rexzshadow

So the main complain about Tera is quest pretty much because well its pretty linear and standard. Valid crtitism and issue they need to address. But I feel like people should understand that in Tera is the way it is not because they want it that way but more to the line its the few choice they have.

I hope everyone realise how expansive making a mmorpg is, speically one as massive as Tera. These game aren't cheap, and for a starting Dev company like Blue Hole getting that money probably wasn't easy. So they are working with a very limited resource, and most of it is spent on polishing the combat. Its no easy task and even GW2 couldn't do the collison box detection Tera has.

Originally posted by NBlitz

Yes. GW2 was going for full collision detection much like TERA but they had to back down.

What they did do was make it that you have collision detection with the mob you have targeted and are fighting.

 

http://www.arena.net/blog/eric-and-ben-answer-your-questions-about-warrior-and-traits

http://vampiresbane.blogspot.com/2011/09/pax-guild-wars-2-overview-part-3-gw-2.html

Q: Is it still possible to body-block? In combat, will body direction be important; e.g., players being more vulnerable on the sides and the back?
Eric: Because of many issues with collision in a persistent world, players will not be able to collide with one another in Guild Wars 2. That being said, many skills affect the movement of a target (knockbacks, knockdowns, etc…), which allows players to replicate some of the same body blocking tactics that they used in Guild Wars. Body direction is very important indeed, as there are skills that have a greater effect (more damage, stunning, etc…) when used from the side or behind an enemy.

 

So ya i mean quest is not as good as other current games but i mean there are reasons and hey they revamping 1-40 so at least they know their weakeness and is fixing it.

If you have issue with the combat i'll say this now, its not the game for you. There is no issue with the combat at all. Just the combat is not your taste and its perfectly fine. I mean this game is definally not for everyone, but i do hope people realise that they didn't skim on the quest coz they want to they kinda had to.

O this excuse doesn't work for SWTOR, they spend way too much money to release a game with that many issue -.-

I think a more Important question should be "DO THEY NEED TO BE". I take a grind any day and skipp all quests. I mean you level through it anyways? WHO in their RIGHT MINDS would play an MMORPG for the QUEASTS?

I think you should not be playing games in this genre If the Questing is why you play them. Questing was something that developers put into these games to make the levling less repetativ. It was so the WEAK and Feeble also could play them without breaking... into Tears because they wernt hardcore enough.

I stayed away from SWTOR becuase of the QUESTS and the lame STORY aspect on RAILS shity game that it is.

I would much rather BLUE HOLE put all their efforts into making more Sanbobox and communtity TOOLS instead of wasting development on something that I will only BLOW throguh anyways. I never read Quests I just click click and away with it.

There are many old Hardcore players like me who would jump right into TERA if it started focusing on PVP and Community tools...

Let the weak willed Carebears stay and play their PvE games like WoW and SWTOR. Make TERA like DARK SOULS, really hard and difficult and give us more GvsG and community tools and meaningfull CRAFTING at endgame... and shit will sort itself out.

THE QUEAST SYSTEM IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE GRIND!!!!

Well I feel like the quests can still be fun though if you get a good story line going. The part of an MMO"RPG" is making your own virtual character and progressing it through the game whether its quests, raiding, or just strictly PVPing. IMO, quests are a fun part of any MMO. I don't care for the classic, go here and kill 10 dragons, then go to the NPC and click Accept. I feel they need to start shying away from this progression. I enjoy games that have puzzles that you solve and it takes a little bit of thinking.

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search