Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Swordsman

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,977 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,014
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

The Pub at MMORPG.COM  » How to solve the or break away from themepark mmo's.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
92 posts found
  Bobbie203

Novice Member

Joined: 2/05/12
Posts: 138

 
OP  2/09/12 1:05:53 PM#81

So if say sometime in the near future bethseda comes out and say they will make a sandbox game?

What are your thoughts, would you be excited and hyped about it? Compare to say anoher indie developer that gamers have no clue on say they are making the next sandbox game???

Remember that beth has alot of capital from all those titles such as elder scroll series and a huge possibly sandbox players base.  Beth+sandbox? are you hyped or not?

 

  Banaghran

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/12
Posts: 872

2/09/12 1:42:43 PM#82
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by RajCaj

As mentioned before, about 20% of the player population are of the hardcore types that dedicate 3-4 nights a week to raiding.  They put in 20+ hours a week, grind to make sure they have all the consumables and gear needed to raid.  This group of WOWs overall playerbase consume content MUCH faster than the other 80% of the playerbase....and create a HUGE demand of the developers time & resources.

Where did you get the 20% number? It is well known that only 2% have done Sunwell back when it was the hardest raid dungeon. The completion of the normal newest DS raid is 4%.

The LFR raids .. which makes raid a lot easier .. has a completion raid of 35%. This is raid for the casual.

I highly doubt there are 20% of hardcore types. Do you actually have statistics? The statistics i have seen does NOT back up this 20% number.

After wotlk hit and players found themselves in a situation where basically anyone could do the heroics and the entry raid (naxx10/25 was severely undertuned), blizz argued that "only around 20% of guilds regularly raided in TBC" and that the new system is in place so that content is not released just for a few percent of players.

Now ofcourse "20% guilds raid regularly" is far from "20% players are hardcore", it is more something which has over time become something of a agreed approximate number of people who were "interested in raiding" those days, not how many are hardcore, not how many were actually succesful doing it.

I mean, the real number of "players interested in raiding" may be all over the place, even if we assume that blizz counted just guilds which have 25+ members, there were non-raiding social guilds with much much more players in existence.

From a current point of view we could argue that those 20% could be "people who are interested in raiding, if it is difficult, not just a loot pinata", compared to your 35% of "people who are interested and able to raid, if it is a loot pinata", but it is ofcourse a far stretch and open for discussion. :)

Flame on!

:)

P.S. "interested in raiding" in this post means "interested in doing a raid more than once a week or 14 days" or "seeing raiding as the main ingame activity".

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19137

2/09/12 2:14:13 PM#83
Originally posted by Banaghran
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by RajCaj

As mentioned before, about 20% of the player population are of the hardcore types that dedicate 3-4 nights a week to raiding.  They put in 20+ hours a week, grind to make sure they have all the consumables and gear needed to raid.  This group of WOWs overall playerbase consume content MUCH faster than the other 80% of the playerbase....and create a HUGE demand of the developers time & resources.

Where did you get the 20% number? It is well known that only 2% have done Sunwell back when it was the hardest raid dungeon. The completion of the normal newest DS raid is 4%.

The LFR raids .. which makes raid a lot easier .. has a completion raid of 35%. This is raid for the casual.

I highly doubt there are 20% of hardcore types. Do you actually have statistics? The statistics i have seen does NOT back up this 20% number.

After wotlk hit and players found themselves in a situation where basically anyone could do the heroics and the entry raid (naxx10/25 was severely undertuned), blizz argued that "only around 20% of guilds regularly raided in TBC" and that the new system is in place so that content is not released just for a few percent of players.

Now ofcourse "20% guilds raid regularly" is far from "20% players are hardcore", it is more something which has over time become something of a agreed approximate number of people who were "interested in raiding" those days, not how many are hardcore, not how many were actually succesful doing it.

I mean, the real number of "players interested in raiding" may be all over the place, even if we assume that blizz counted just guilds which have 25+ members, there were non-raiding social guilds with much much more players in existence.

From a current point of view we could argue that those 20% could be "people who are interested in raiding, if it is difficult, not just a loot pinata", compared to your 35% of "people who are interested and able to raid, if it is a loot pinata", but it is ofcourse a far stretch and open for discussion. :)

Flame on!

:)

P.S. "interested in raiding" in this post means "interested in doing a raid more than once a week or 14 days" or "seeing raiding as the main ingame activity".

 

It is a huge stretch to go from 20% who have some interests in raids, to equate they want "if it is difficult". In fact, the best data is what i cited (from MMO-CHAMPION a while back and you can check it).

35% of the players completed LFR DS

4% of the players completed DS NORMAL mode

less than 1% of 1% completed DS HARD mode.

Obviously players have a choice of WHICH of these 3 mode of difficult they will do.

The data overwhelming supporst the conclusions that:

a) a significant portion of the players (although NOT a majority, only at 35%) want to raid for whatever reasons (loot, want to see the end of Deathwing, find the mechanics fun ...)

b) VERY few players want anything challenging (4% if you call normal mode challening, less than 1% of 1% if you only consider hard mode challenging).

It is obviously that most players who want to raid CHOOSE the easiest option by an overwhelming 9 to 1 ratio. In fact, many players won't even attempt normal mode raid until it is puggable because of the debuff to nerf the raid is in place.

99% of the players probably won't even attempt hard mode.

 

  Herodes

Novice Member

Joined: 8/12/03
Posts: 1488

Consumer

2/09/12 2:24:23 PM#84

Do you think it is the fault of themepark or the fault of traditional gameplay?

Killing 10 rats might be more interesting, when you do it different. The race to elder game can be a different experience when the gameplay is shooter-like, or roundbased/realtime strategy.

  Banaghran

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/12
Posts: 872

2/10/12 5:09:14 PM#85
Originally posted by nariusseldon 

It is a huge stretch to go from 20% who have some interests in raids, to equate they want "if it is difficult". In fact, the best data is what i cited (from MMO-CHAMPION a while back and you can check it).

35% of the players completed LFR DS

4% of the players completed DS NORMAL mode

less than 1% of 1% completed DS HARD mode.

Obviously players have a choice of WHICH of these 3 mode of difficult they will do.

The data overwhelming supporst the conclusions that:

a) a significant portion of the players (although NOT a majority, only at 35%) want to raid for whatever reasons (loot, want to see the end of Deathwing, find the mechanics fun ...)

b) VERY few players want anything challenging (4% if you call normal mode challening, less than 1% of 1% if you only consider hard mode challenging).

It is obviously that most players who want to raid CHOOSE the easiest option by an overwhelming 9 to 1 ratio. In fact, many players won't even attempt normal mode raid until it is puggable because of the debuff to nerf the raid is in place.

99% of the players probably won't even attempt hard mode.

 

Ok, it was bad choice of words on my part, "if it is difficult" should have been "despite of it being difficult".

Where you in my opinion make a mistake is reading something like "4% have completed it" and you see "4% have completed, AND are trying , planning or want to".

The rest of your post is flawed logic, just because something is the path of least resistance, inevitable, or most of us do it at least once, it does not mean it is popular in itself or desired or even good :)

By your logic 100% of humans WANTS to die (over and over again, all the time :) )

Flame on!

:)

 

  Banaghran

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/12
Posts: 872

2/10/12 5:14:00 PM#86

Misclicked...

  zaxxon23

Novice Member

Joined: 12/06/06
Posts: 1285

2/10/12 5:27:34 PM#87

Sandbox is dead.  The hybrid is the future.

 

Of course, one person's idea of sandbox likely varies from that of another.

  cukimunga

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/03/05
Posts: 2275

Ah I'm drunk and I'm in the street like a vagabond.

2/10/12 5:34:32 PM#88

The problem with playing sandbox games is there isn't any  quality ones IMO.. Well I guess EvE is pretty good quality wise but I'm just not into being a ship most of the time.   I missed out on the sanbox games back in the day and played a little bit of EQ and FFXI as my first MMO's then played wow off and on for a year and countless other mmos.  

 

I got bored of  the themepark style of game, but the Quality and Polish of the themeparks like the  music, sfx ,animations makes it kinda hard to play a sandbox with a fraction of the budget. Even though I like the ideas of Darkfall and Dawntide and Xsyon  when I  try to play I can't help to think how crap the animations and sound is compared to other Themepark games.  I think thats why people won't  play the sandbox games currently out, they are used to the quality of themparks. 

 

So if Arche Age can bring in some sandboxyish gameplay but have all the graphics, sounds and animation that is the same quality of all these other themeparks we'll start seeing AAA devs start working on more Sandboxish type games. 

  Axehilt

Novice Member

Joined: 5/09/09
Posts: 7213

2/10/12 6:09:49 PM#89
Originally posted by Bobbie203

So if say sometime in the near future bethseda comes out and say they will make a sandbox game?

What are your thoughts, would you be excited and hyped about it? Compare to say anoher indie developer that gamers have no clue on say they are making the next sandbox game???

Remember that beth has alot of capital from all those titles such as elder scroll series and a huge possibly sandbox players base.  Beth+sandbox? are you hyped or not?

 

They don't exactly have a track record of making sandbox games, so I wouldn't be that hyped on it.

The only sandboxes I'm interested in are those which take a strong gameplay angle like Terraria, or those made by the only people who made a sandbox MMORPG I enjoyed (the H&H guys working on Salem.)  I wouldn't call it "hyped", but I don't really get hyped over any game until I try it (except Planetside 2. I'm a giddy schoolboy for that.)

A Skyrim MMORPG definitely wouldn't be as amusing as Skyrim, and definitely wouldn't be a sandbox (there's no "sand"; you don't manipulate the world, you ride the themepark rides the developers set up for you, in any order you want.)

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19137

2/11/12 12:28:44 AM#90
Originally posted by Banaghran

 

Ok, it was bad choice of words on my part, "if it is difficult" should have been "despite of it being difficult".

Where you in my opinion make a mistake is reading something like "4% have completed it" and you see "4% have completed, AND are trying , planning or want to".

The rest of your post is flawed logic, just because something is the path of least resistance, inevitable, or most of us do it at least once, it does not mean it is popular in itself or desired or even good :)

By your logic 100% of humans WANTS to die (over and over again, all the time :) )

Flame on!

:)

 

You erroneously miss the key flaw of your logic. A person canNOT choose whether to die. But a player certainly CHOOSE to play a LFR or a normal raid.

In fact, you said it .. ."path of least resistance" .. if people CHOOSE the path of least resistance .. by definition it is popular. And by definition they are CHOOSING the easier way.

Note the word CHOOSE. You cannot choose not to die, can you?

 

  Banaghran

Novice Member

Joined: 1/17/12
Posts: 872

2/11/12 3:38:14 AM#91
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by Banaghran

 

Ok, it was bad choice of words on my part, "if it is difficult" should have been "despite of it being difficult".

Where you in my opinion make a mistake is reading something like "4% have completed it" and you see "4% have completed, AND are trying , planning or want to".

The rest of your post is flawed logic, just because something is the path of least resistance, inevitable, or most of us do it at least once, it does not mean it is popular in itself or desired or even good :)

By your logic 100% of humans WANTS to die (over and over again, all the time :) )

Flame on!

:)

 

You erroneously miss the key flaw of your logic. A person canNOT choose whether to die. But a player certainly CHOOSE to play a LFR or a normal raid.

In fact, you said it .. ."path of least resistance" .. if people CHOOSE the path of least resistance .. by definition it is popular. And by definition they are CHOOSING the easier way.

Note the word CHOOSE. You cannot choose not to die, can you?

 

Bu you do not know how many people have chosen to PLAY only via the lfr, you just know how many people have completed the lfr ONCE.

That is the point, you see the total number of people who have completed it and you miraculously assume all those people were not playing normal, were not playing hardmode, were not enjoying either, and will continue to play via lfr, even if they have now "beaten the game".

That is exactly like seeing 100% humans die (with a margin of error), and assume people like dying, and would do it over and over again, if given the choice.

And, for the record, given the nearly non-existent growth of raid-centric mmos, we could possibly say, that millions of people have chosen not to die :)

Because the main argument is not "how many people have ever raided", but "how many people like to raid, play to raid, and enjoy to raid", that is how we got into this, with that 20%, think about it, probably everyone has visited toilets in disneyland, does it mean it is the most exciting attraction? :)

Flame on!

:)

  User Deleted
2/11/12 4:25:23 AM#92

You gotta be crazy or a masochist to make mmos these days. You have to raise tens of millions of dollars, then spend upwards of 6 years creating it. Then after launch you have to invest all of your time and money for the next 5 years minimum catering to the most fickle customers in existence.

Its like a prison sentence when you think about it.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search