Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,269 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,271
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Everquest Next: Landmark Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Age of Conan: Unchained

Age of Conan 

General Discussion  » Age Of Conan. A new look.

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
65 posts found
  Foreverdream

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 8/30/10
Posts: 89

 
OP  1/26/12 4:57:23 PM#1

I had tried it at launch, and while having a good time, I was just too busy at that point in my life to really sit down and play.

 

So i gave it a  whirl, after the dust had settled , The game was not F2P at the time and a subscription was needed.  I got out my card and subbed to see just how the game had evolved. 

These are subject words that i will elaborate on with my experiance (and on going) with Age of Conan.

 

Story: Enough said here folks, This is top notch story telling, The characters do have voice overs up until you leave Tortage (The starting zone 1-20) This is great for me, I do like getting that quick immersion grasp, being a fan of Howards books i can safely say Funcom did excellent here. The reading doesn't bother me after tortage, In fact, i really like it. 90% of the time i read faster than any voice-over can speak! I did try starwars, Although they claim to be "innovative" with having every npc with a voice. I personally get dull of it. Who cares? Reading is good for you.  

 

Community: The community in AoC is one of, if not the best! Sure they're are a few taints but its very uncommon. Infact people will take time out of their play just to help newer players. I've seen in Global channels where people are offering free blue gear to people leveling whom might need it. I joined a guild during my extensive review/play and i must say, that these people and I have really grown fond of one another. Not only do we ask game related questions, these people care about your day, your life, and your dog! Really though, It's what EQ offered that WoW didn't , a great community! Even if you're not in the same guild you can meet a lot of very nice people out there.

 

Raiding: Upon reaching level 80 you can start raiding! The raids in AoC offer greater gear (duh!) One key element that i have seen in mmo's today that conan offers is body blocking/surroundment. Some key fights require the raid force to circle the boss/mob so that it cannot escape the circle. AoC doesnt let you "Magically" pass through people, this in itself adds a whole new element in raiding and tactics which must be followed. So lets say you're playing Rift, or WoW and you've gotta run to get out of the green shit, Well its possible to just ghost through people as long as your safe, but in conan if a "teammate" isnt thinking about his "team"  and doesnt move for John it may cause extra damage to that player or the entire raid! (Can cause a raid wipe in T3). The raiding is fun, exciting and downright a blast to do! It keeps your brain and YOU! on your toes!

 

Roleplaying: AoC handles RP very well, With a list emotions that can make your headspin due to its sheer amount,  and the Vanity tab (allows you equip a gearset which you favor over the current and still retain the stats!)  I'm going to keep this subject light but all in all, Roleplayers are in a safe haven here in Age of Conan. With weelky RP meets you'll get your dose of RP happily.

 

Combat: The combat is simply amazing, I love the fatlities! Combo's make everything more "Skillfull" Every keystroke can matter here, Conan's combat is nothing like anything out there at the moment, Any melee character you choose offers cone damage with said weapon. For example, If i have 3 enemies right up on me, and I'm using a polearm swinging left to right it's going to hit every single one. Not just your selected target. Certain weapons offer a distance in which they can attack.  Daggers being the shortest range require you being very close to the mob.  After playing conan then trying out starwars, i simply felt cheated of money because TOR felt cheap, it's a simple warhammer/wow single target/single damage type thing where everyskill is on a  global cooldown. 

 

Graphics: I saved this one for last, simply becasue AoC outshines the others in this department. I can only think of ONE mmo which has better graphics overall and thats FFXIV (lol...) TOR's are Fitting, but without a in-game option for AA and having to post-inject it is simply just bad an worse for performance. Hero engine isn't good. sorry.... The dreamworld engine still to this day from its 08' release is mind blowing!  It offers an insane amount of options to fully immerse a person. The shadows/godrays/water accoustics simply show how much funcom prides in their engine and using it for The Secret World. Nothing out there offers this type of exploration with this level of detail. NONE!  Small shurbs will actually move when walking through instead of you "Magically" passing through it.

 

I could go more in-depth, but i wanted to leave it at that. I'm sure many Anti-funcom haters will chime in and thats fine. Really, your only helping ;)  The launch was rough but most MMO's experiance that, many vets will know this aswell too. The game has changed and only for the better. I highly recommend this game for anyone who is currently bored or just tired of the extensive end game TOR has to offer (lol...)  It has some bugs but nothing game-breaking at the moment, in-fact i have experianced only very minor things which would hardly fault as a bug and also seen commonly in many other mmo's.

 

If you do decide to play, I suggest wiccanna, I currently play there and love it. If you have any help feel to send me a tell if you join in ! IGN: Etzul

IF YOU'RE A KIND HUMAN PLEASE HELP. If you can't, At least share it on FB! Thanks

http://www.gofundme.com/New-Horizons

  Davirok

Novice Member

Joined: 4/26/07
Posts: 68

1/26/12 5:02:44 PM#2
Originally posted by Foreverdream

 

Community: The community in AoC is one of, if not the best! Sure they're are a few taints but its very uncommon. Infact people will take time out of their play just to help newer players. I've seen in Global channels where people are offering free blue gear to people leveling whom might need it. I joined a guild during my extensive review/play and i must say, that these people and I have really grown fond of one another. Not only do we ask game related questions, these people care about your day, your life, and your dog! Really though, It's what EQ offered that WoW didn't , a great community! Even if you're not in the same guild you can meet a lot of very nice people out there.

  

 

THIS.

You pretty much sumed up, how awesome this games community has been, as a former AoC player for 3 years i gotta say i spit on WoW, even GW, comparing my AoC guild and the external guild friends and people i knew on the path was just too awesome, really rewarding community :D, damn nostalgy :(

  Foreverdream

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 8/30/10
Posts: 89

 
OP  1/26/12 5:06:33 PM#3
Originally posted by Thunderous

Nice promotional ad...

How much did Funcom pay you to write and post that?  Funcom took a great IP and made about the most pathetic adaptation of it humanly possible.  The only redeeming quality to Age of Conan are the graphics.  Once you leave Tortage (starter level) the game turns craptastic QUICKLY.

Viral advertising at it's finest. 

Funcom didn't pay me a dime, I'm just expressing my feelings towards the game in hopes that new "like minded" players will join in on something they've been missing. Sorry you feel that way bud.

IF YOU'RE A KIND HUMAN PLEASE HELP. If you can't, At least share it on FB! Thanks

http://www.gofundme.com/New-Horizons

  DaSpack

Novice Member

Joined: 11/11/09
Posts: 580

1/26/12 5:06:51 PM#4

^^ This.

 

I play AoC to this day. Like it, and I have my friends there. :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

  Davirok

Novice Member

Joined: 4/26/07
Posts: 68

1/26/12 5:09:34 PM#5
Originally posted by Thunderous

Nice promotional ad...

How much did Funcom pay you to write and post that?  Funcom took a great IP and made about the most pathetic adaptation of it humanly possible.  The only redeeming quality to Age of Conan are the graphics.  Once you leave Tortage (starter level) the game turns craptastic QUICKLY.

Viral advertising at it's finest. 

You know where the door is dont ya

  DaSpack

Novice Member

Joined: 11/11/09
Posts: 580

1/26/12 5:13:21 PM#6
Originally posted by Thunderous

Nice promotional ad...

How much did Funcom pay you to write and post that?  Funcom took a great IP and made about the most pathetic adaptation of it humanly possible.  The only redeeming quality to Age of Conan are the graphics.  Once you leave Tortage (starter level) the game turns craptastic QUICKLY.

Viral advertising at it's finest. 

I guess I am payed as well then.

 

And no, from a person that have played the game 3 years soon, this game has much more to offer than graphics.

 

The Ultimate Breakdown

  Davirok

Novice Member

Joined: 4/26/07
Posts: 68

1/26/12 5:20:14 PM#7

Like seriously i hate people that think they know everything about a game just becuase they've played it for a few days, months, nor even a year.

We, the people that have been here for 3 years knows what has been going on, within the epicness and failing, so seriously if you are gonna bash the game becuase it turns down as soon as you get out of tortage, you got 0 idea of what the real game is.

Said.

  LuckyDucky

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/05
Posts: 267

1/26/12 9:31:20 PM#8
Originally posted by Thunderous

Nice promotional ad...

 Funcom took a great IP and made about the most pathetic adaptation of it humanly possible.

 

I think your view of AoC is about as far from reality as humanly possible. Funcom took Howard's creation and did a fabulous job capturing the grit and atmosphere of the original stories. In fact I think the artists and designers have elevated the Conan IP as much as anyone since Frank Frazetta and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The main reason I enjoy the game as much as I do is because of the beautifully rendered  Conan universe.

Come on, I can see knocking AoC for gameplay short comings, or some technology glitches, but to say it is a poor / pathetic adaptation of the Conan IP is ludicrous.

 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

  DaSpack

Novice Member

Joined: 11/11/09
Posts: 580

1/27/12 1:10:00 PM#9

^^This. No doubt that the IP have grown with the art added to the Hyborian world by Funcom.

The Ultimate Breakdown

  tares

Novice Member

Joined: 8/16/11
Posts: 384

1/28/12 2:09:59 AM#10

Thought this forum was about the MMO age of conan.  That one is subpar to everything aside from graphics but best of luck with TSW.  

  xm522

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/09
Posts: 114

1/28/12 9:28:37 AM#11

i honestly feel like people are not giving this game a proper chance. the game is simply great. the bugs suck (no doubt) but they are not game breaking. i really dont care much for its graphics, but i do like the gameplay.

  LuckyDucky

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/05
Posts: 267

1/28/12 10:40:17 AM#12

I think much of the negativity comes from disgruntled PvPers, or players from a long ago launch who can't let go of a grudge.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

  Foreverdream

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 8/30/10
Posts: 89

 
OP  1/28/12 11:21:12 AM#13
Originally posted by Thunderous
Originally posted by Davirok

Like seriously i hate people that think they know everything about a game just becuase they've played it for a few days, months, nor even a year.

We, the people that have been here for 3 years knows what has been going on, within the epicness and failing, so seriously if you are gonna bash the game becuase it turns down as soon as you get out of tortage, you got 0 idea of what the real game is.

Said.

You lasted 3 full years with Age of Conan?  That's simply amazing to me...  It's like Stockholm Syndrome...  You're sympathetic and even protective of he who holds you hostage.

Like I said, the graphics have always been great but once Tortage is over the game goes to crap - fast.  I had such higher hopes for this game but in the end it's Funcom, and well, they're just 2nd rate...

I'm impressed and sorry that you've spent so much of your time playing this game...  It must take a heck of a stomach to endure it day after day LMAO...

Ciao.

How exactly does the game instantly become crap after tortage? Simply because minor quest/npc characters dont have a voice? That is whats keeping you from going further? 

 

Please....Elaborate on how this game goes to "crap" after tortage. Anyone thats leveled to 80, and gave the game a full chance will relise that this game offers something unique which others dont.

 

Have a nice day

IF YOU'RE A KIND HUMAN PLEASE HELP. If you can't, At least share it on FB! Thanks

http://www.gofundme.com/New-Horizons

  eddieg50

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/22/05
Posts: 1468

1/28/12 11:42:50 AM#14
Originally posted by Foreverdream

I had tried it at launch, and while having a good time, I was just too busy at that point in my life to really sit down and play.

 

So i gave it a  whirl, after the dust had settled , The game was not F2P at the time and a subscription was needed.  I got out my card and subbed to see just how the game had evolved. 

These are subject words that i will elaborate on with my experiance (and on going) with Age of Conan.

 

Story: Enough said here folks, This is top notch story telling, The characters do have voice overs up until you leave Tortage (The starting zone 1-20) This is great for me, I do like getting that quick immersion grasp, being a fan of Howards books i can safely say Funcom did excellent here. The reading doesn't bother me after tortage, In fact, i really like it. 90% of the time i read faster than any voice-over can speak! I did try starwars, Although they claim to be "innovative" with having every npc with a voice. I personally get dull of it. Who cares? Reading is good for you.  

 

Community: The community in AoC is one of, if not the best! Sure they're are a few taints but its very uncommon. Infact people will take time out of their play just to help newer players. I've seen in Global channels where people are offering free blue gear to people leveling whom might need it. I joined a guild during my extensive review/play and i must say, that these people and I have really grown fond of one another. Not only do we ask game related questions, these people care about your day, your life, and your dog! Really though, It's what EQ offered that WoW didn't , a great community! Even if you're not in the same guild you can meet a lot of very nice people out there.

 

Raiding: Upon reaching level 80 you can start raiding! The raids in AoC offer greater gear (duh!) One key element that i have seen in mmo's today that conan offers is body blocking/surroundment. Some key fights require the raid force to circle the boss/mob so that it cannot escape the circle. AoC doesnt let you "Magically" pass through people, this in itself adds a whole new element in raiding and tactics which must be followed. So lets say you're playing Rift, or WoW and you've gotta run to get out of the green shit, Well its possible to just ghost through people as long as your safe, but in conan if a "teammate" isnt thinking about his "team"  and doesnt move for John it may cause extra damage to that player or the entire raid! (Can cause a raid wipe in T3). The raiding is fun, exciting and downright a blast to do! It keeps your brain and YOU! on your toes!

 

Roleplaying: AoC handles RP very well, With a list emotions that can make your headspin due to its sheer amount,  and the Vanity tab (allows you equip a gearset which you favor over the current and still retain the stats!)  I'm going to keep this subject light but all in all, Roleplayers are in a safe haven here in Age of Conan. With weelky RP meets you'll get your dose of RP happily.

 

Combat: The combat is simply amazing, I love the fatlities! Combo's make everything more "Skillfull" Every keystroke can matter here, Conan's combat is nothing like anything out there at the moment, Any melee character you choose offers cone damage with said weapon. For example, If i have 3 enemies right up on me, and I'm using a polearm swinging left to right it's going to hit every single one. Not just your selected target. Certain weapons offer a distance in which they can attack.  Daggers being the shortest range require you being very close to the mob.  After playing conan then trying out starwars, i simply felt cheated of money because TOR felt cheap, it's a simple warhammer/wow single target/single damage type thing where everyskill is on a  global cooldown. 

 

Graphics: I saved this one for last, simply becasue AoC outshines the others in this department. I can only think of ONE mmo which has better graphics overall and thats FFXIV (lol...) TOR's are Fitting, but without a in-game option for AA and having to post-inject it is simply just bad an worse for performance. Hero engine isn't good. sorry.... The dreamworld engine still to this day from its 08' release is mind blowing!  It offers an insane amount of options to fully immerse a person. The shadows/godrays/water accoustics simply show how much funcom prides in their engine and using it for The Secret World. Nothing out there offers this type of exploration with this level of detail. NONE!  Small shurbs will actually move when walking through instead of you "Magically" passing through it.

 

I could go more in-depth, but i wanted to leave it at that. I'm sure many Anti-funcom haters will chime in and thats fine. Really, your only helping ;)  The launch was rough but most MMO's experiance that, many vets will know this aswell too. The game has changed and only for the better. I highly recommend this game for anyone who is currently bored or just tired of the extensive end game TOR has to offer (lol...)  It has some bugs but nothing game-breaking at the moment, in-fact i have experianced only very minor things which would hardly fault as a bug and also seen commonly in many other mmo's.

 

If you do decide to play, I suggest wiccanna, I currently play there and love it. If you have any help feel to send me a tell if you join in ! IGN: Etzul

   I agree with some of your points and dis agree with others.   GRAPHICS-   Excellent, the best of any mmo.      STORY- Very good, although after awhile it becomes a bit repetitive but over all quite good. It is clear they put all their marbles into Tortage, which may have seemed like a good strategy at the time, turned off alot of people who wanted the voice overs to continue. The voice overs and story line are not as good as TOR and of course after Tortage you get your WOW wall of text, that being said the story line is much better than WOW.    COMMUNITY-  This is where Conan takes a big hit, I played on a PvP server and this may have had something to do with it, but I have never seen more wacked out teen agers on a server before, the global chat was gibberish and the community was really bad.     RAIDING-  Did not do enough to really comment on it buy why do you have to wait til lvl 80 to do it.    CRAFTING----  The fact that the op does not even mention it says it all. Poorly implemented an after thought at best and they refuse to make it better.       COMBAT----- Great if you are a melee character, the best combat of any mmo, not very good if your are not a melee character, one of the weekest of any mmo for PvE. However if you are a Melee character you will be seriousely gimped vs a non melee in PvP, although the combos are great fun in PvE they take to long to implement in PvP.     

      This being said Conan is a very good game, I dont like it as much as TOR but that is my opinion, I think the developers have made alot of bad decisions and that is a shame.  After Tortage, Crafting , Meleee vs Non Melee-this is what they should have been working on, if they did it would be the best mmo out there

  Hrotha

Elite Member

Joined: 4/25/08
Posts: 825

1/28/12 11:51:55 AM#15
Originally posted by LuckyDucky

I think much of the negativity comes from disgruntled PvPers, or players from a long ago launch who can't let go of a grudge.

Which is true - I am one of them, but I am proud to tell you this: Age of Conan PvP was too intense for me, too realistic in terms of playing an RPG and "living / being" your character. It felt so "real" to get harassed in this game like in no other I have played in my MMO career since Meridian 59. And the bad part of those feelings were the major point. I had nice times in this game, but there were more bad ones than the goodies. Including the non-excisting endgame at launch. Of course this is just me.

And this comes from a PvP LOVER! who rather likes X vs 1 fights, rather than team-fights. So speaking from a more than fair perspective.

But from what I can recall from AoC is a pure unfairness in which your getting thrown in. Getting ganked was so uber-mean in this game, like no where else. And from the words of my friends, they had all the same experience^^ so maybe, just maybe here in this forum there might be some fellas aswell, who know what it mean to get ganked and harassed in AoC.

  Dakeru

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/21/09
Posts: 684

1/28/12 11:52:25 AM#16

I tried the game after the swtor beta weekend and still enjoy it. Especially the mini dungeons (only take 20 minutes to clear) are well made.

And no I'm not getting paid for saying I like this game. (Though I wish I was..)

  eddieg50

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/22/05
Posts: 1468

1/28/12 11:56:20 AM#17

One other thing the F2P model is very bad and not nearly as good as Lotro or Fe about on a par with eq2 F2P which is to say bad LOL

  LuckyDucky

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/24/05
Posts: 267

1/29/12 9:00:48 PM#18
Originally posted by eddieg50
Originally posted by Foreverdream

I had tried it at launch, and while having a good time, I was just too busy at that point in my life to really sit down and play.

 

So i gave it a  whirl, after the dust had settled , The game was not F2P at the time and a subscription was needed.  I got out my card and subbed to see just how the game had evolved. 

These are subject words that i will elaborate on with my experiance (and on going) with Age of Conan.

 

Story: Enough said here folks, This is top notch story telling, The characters do have voice overs up until you leave Tortage (The starting zone 1-20) This is great for me, I do like getting that quick immersion grasp, being a fan of Howards books i can safely say Funcom did excellent here. The reading doesn't bother me after tortage, In fact, i really like it. 90% of the time i read faster than any voice-over can speak! I did try starwars, Although they claim to be "innovative" with having every npc with a voice. I personally get dull of it. Who cares? Reading is good for you.  

 

Community: The community in AoC is one of, if not the best! Sure they're are a few taints but its very uncommon. Infact people will take time out of their play just to help newer players. I've seen in Global channels where people are offering free blue gear to people leveling whom might need it. I joined a guild during my extensive review/play and i must say, that these people and I have really grown fond of one another. Not only do we ask game related questions, these people care about your day, your life, and your dog! Really though, It's what EQ offered that WoW didn't , a great community! Even if you're not in the same guild you can meet a lot of very nice people out there.

 

Raiding: Upon reaching level 80 you can start raiding! The raids in AoC offer greater gear (duh!) One key element that i have seen in mmo's today that conan offers is body blocking/surroundment. Some key fights require the raid force to circle the boss/mob so that it cannot escape the circle. AoC doesnt let you "Magically" pass through people, this in itself adds a whole new element in raiding and tactics which must be followed. So lets say you're playing Rift, or WoW and you've gotta run to get out of the green shit, Well its possible to just ghost through people as long as your safe, but in conan if a "teammate" isnt thinking about his "team"  and doesnt move for John it may cause extra damage to that player or the entire raid! (Can cause a raid wipe in T3). The raiding is fun, exciting and downright a blast to do! It keeps your brain and YOU! on your toes!

 

Roleplaying: AoC handles RP very well, With a list emotions that can make your headspin due to its sheer amount,  and the Vanity tab (allows you equip a gearset which you favor over the current and still retain the stats!)  I'm going to keep this subject light but all in all, Roleplayers are in a safe haven here in Age of Conan. With weelky RP meets you'll get your dose of RP happily.

 

Combat: The combat is simply amazing, I love the fatlities! Combo's make everything more "Skillfull" Every keystroke can matter here, Conan's combat is nothing like anything out there at the moment, Any melee character you choose offers cone damage with said weapon. For example, If i have 3 enemies right up on me, and I'm using a polearm swinging left to right it's going to hit every single one. Not just your selected target. Certain weapons offer a distance in which they can attack.  Daggers being the shortest range require you being very close to the mob.  After playing conan then trying out starwars, i simply felt cheated of money because TOR felt cheap, it's a simple warhammer/wow single target/single damage type thing where everyskill is on a  global cooldown. 

 

Graphics: I saved this one for last, simply becasue AoC outshines the others in this department. I can only think of ONE mmo which has better graphics overall and thats FFXIV (lol...) TOR's are Fitting, but without a in-game option for AA and having to post-inject it is simply just bad an worse for performance. Hero engine isn't good. sorry.... The dreamworld engine still to this day from its 08' release is mind blowing!  It offers an insane amount of options to fully immerse a person. The shadows/godrays/water accoustics simply show how much funcom prides in their engine and using it for The Secret World. Nothing out there offers this type of exploration with this level of detail. NONE!  Small shurbs will actually move when walking through instead of you "Magically" passing through it.

 

I could go more in-depth, but i wanted to leave it at that. I'm sure many Anti-funcom haters will chime in and thats fine. Really, your only helping ;)  The launch was rough but most MMO's experiance that, many vets will know this aswell too. The game has changed and only for the better. I highly recommend this game for anyone who is currently bored or just tired of the extensive end game TOR has to offer (lol...)  It has some bugs but nothing game-breaking at the moment, in-fact i have experianced only very minor things which would hardly fault as a bug and also seen commonly in many other mmo's.

 

If you do decide to play, I suggest wiccanna, I currently play there and love it. If you have any help feel to send me a tell if you join in ! IGN: Etzul

.    CRAFTING----  The fact that the op does not even mention it says it all. Poorly implemented an after thought at best and they refuse to make it better.    

 

CRAFTING---- Actually crafting is being overhauled in a major way as we speak. Sil the game director has brought it up a couple of times in interviews recently. He says Funcom is going to revamp the whole concept, rather than tweak or try and fix what crafting is in the game now. Consequently it is going to be a deep, complicated project that will have a profound impact on the game. He says they are working to go live sometime this summer. So we will see what is delivered. It is a good sign that he is going to scrap the existing system altogether in favor of building something entirely new from scratch.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

  DeaconX

Hard Core Member

Joined: 2/08/05
Posts: 3059

Stand up for what you believe; Even if you stand alone.
-==X==-
SHH, my COMMON SENSE is tingling!

1/29/12 9:06:58 PM#19
Originally posted by Thunderous

Nice promotional ad...

How much did Funcom pay you to write and post that?  Funcom took a great IP and made about the most pathetic adaptation of it humanly possible.  The only redeeming quality to Age of Conan are the graphics.  Once you leave Tortage (starter level) the game turns craptastic QUICKLY.

Viral advertising at it's finest. 

Just because someone writes something positive, they have to be on the payroll... you pessimistic brat.  I happen to fully agree with the OP, troll.

*this is the cleaned up version of my reply... as clean as I could get it.*


Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

  Crynn

Novice Member

Joined: 1/13/08
Posts: 66

1/30/12 10:09:20 AM#20

I'm thinking about rerolling on Age of Conan. I've played it for a while back at release but due to limited time i had to quite. I'm going to roll on Fury server since i'm from the EU. Any idea on how the population and if there are any casual PvE guilds around there?

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search