Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Gigantic

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,804 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,980
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord X Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodlines Champions Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Deco Online Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Haven & Hearth Hawken Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Phoenix Edition LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Project Blackout Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Puzzle Pirates Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowrun Online Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Hammers End The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Total Domination Transformers Universe Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 

General Discussion  » Character creation - still no improvement after months of beta feedback.

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
143 posts found
  fadis

Novice Member

Joined: 12/16/09
Posts: 473

12/14/11 6:08:45 PM#61

It's the engine.  That will be the big story down the road - when you hear the real scoop about the development of TOR.

Of course, Bioware has the talent to make exceptional character creation options... but they have other performance issues to deal with before they introduce all of those new variables.

  Margulis

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/14/08
Posts: 1643

 
OP  12/15/11 2:03:13 AM#62
Originally posted by Skuz

It's highly likely on the "things to do" list but they do, as all developers have to draw a line under some things & say, okay that's enough time spent on that feature for now, we'll come back to that later & do more time on it post-release.

It's far from being a good character generator, but a lot in this game is "just good enough", it doesn't feel like an omission more like a tightly run production, but corners have been cut & this is one of them, I imagine a lot of other areas had constraints on them due to budget & resources too. And most of it will get attention eventually.

Man, couldn't agree with you more about the highlighted statement. 

  Margulis

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/14/08
Posts: 1643

 
OP  12/15/11 2:09:06 AM#63
Originally posted by rygard49
Originally posted by sanosukex
Originally posted by rygard49

Of course, if someone is trying to quantify feedback and they don't work directly for BioWare, it's pure speculation. There's no other way we can know over all those months how much feedback they got about the character creator, or how many players gave positive or negative comments in that regard.

My personal opinion is that BW wouldn't ignore something like that given a 2-3 year beta to fix things, and that anyone complaining now that they didn't spend resources despite the beta testers is just spouting BS. To be perfectly honest, the character generator doesn't bother me in the least. I've played with (relatively) very few creators that were better, and with a lot of worse creators.

you can if you had been following the beta forums and reading what players have complained about the most.. UI was one of the biggest and so was character customization.. neither changed.. also pretty much every single professional beta review stated being somewhat dissapointed with UI and charater customization in one way or another

Okay... So quantify it for me then. Show me exactly how many testers there were total, and show me how many indivdual testers gave feedback on the character creator being poor.

I have another theory. You were concerned about the character creator, spent a lot of time seeking out those threads, and your mind translated the time and effort spent on the forums into a 'majority' of testers complaining about it all througout testing. Pointing me to the forums or to a media review with a snippet about it is not quantification. I could just as easily point you to forum where people think the earth is flat, and tell you that, based on those posts, a majority of people in the world believe in a flat earth.

 

Actually dude - character creation was one of  the biggest talked about things in beta and on the forums, whether you like it or not.  No one has to prove anything to you, you've clearly already taken a stance that you're right and everyone who has a different opinion on this matter is wrong.  Almost every day there was a new thread about it somewhere on the forums and the long standing threads on it were HUGE.  Keep on just thinking we're making it up though if that helps you sleep at night.  If they saw the feedback on the UI, they saw it on the character creator because it was just as prevalent.

  fadis

Novice Member

Joined: 12/16/09
Posts: 473

12/15/11 3:13:03 AM#64
Originally posted by DJJazzy
Originally posted by Alders

When will people understand that western devs are terrible at character creators, short of a game that went boom after a few months. It's sort of ironic really if you compare it to eastern MMO's.

Gimme my individualism. I don't want to be staring at 100 clones.

EVE Online and APB are western made mmos right?

 EVE has characters now?  Damn.  Last time I played you had tiny little faces with like 4 options.

Don't forget about Champions Online... if there was one thing to remember about that game, it was how awesome character creation was/is.

  Zecktorin

Novice Member

Joined: 11/23/11
Posts: 235

12/15/11 3:42:55 AM#65

OH NO!!!!!!! You mean i can't change my jaw or cheek bone size what am I ever gonna do!!!!!????????? Thats right play the game and have fun.

  Guileplayer

Novice Member

Joined: 6/14/11
Posts: 438

12/15/11 3:54:44 AM#66
Originally posted by fadis
Originally posted by DJJazzy
Originally posted by Alders

When will people understand that western devs are terrible at character creators, short of a game that went boom after a few months. It's sort of ironic really if you compare it to eastern MMO's.

Gimme my individualism. I don't want to be staring at 100 clones.

EVE Online and APB are western made mmos right?

 EVE has characters now?  Damn.  Last time I played you had tiny little faces with like 4 options.

Don't forget about Champions Online... if there was one thing to remember about that game, it was how awesome character creation was/is.

and 80% of COs character creation is locked now. You either pay to unlock costumes or pay 15 dollars a month and get access to them.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

  User Deleted
12/15/11 4:03:03 AM#67

I don't think character creation is important to their target audience, not trolling I'm being for real. How many raiding guilds give a flip about character creation, thats what helmets are for.

  The_Quester

Novice Member

Joined: 11/14/10
Posts: 81

!

12/15/11 4:25:28 AM#68
Originally posted by Azaria

I don't think character creation is important to their target audience, not trolling I'm being for real. How many raiding guilds give a flip about character creation, thats what helmets are for.

I thought their target audience were people that like RPG games with the long stories.

Anyway, what did Bioware spent all the money on? There is so much stuff lacking from the game that should be standard at this point in time it looks like they spend the money on building every single aspect of the game from the ground up. Like, even the computers and the programs they used to make the game.

Or did that money motly go to Lucasarts for the lincese and that's why this MMO has some many barebones aspects. 

  sanosukex

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/08/05
Posts: 1857

12/15/11 5:38:18 AM#69
Originally posted by Margulis
Originally posted by rygard49
Originally posted by sanosukex
Originally posted by rygard49

Of course, if someone is trying to quantify feedback and they don't work directly for BioWare, it's pure speculation. There's no other way we can know over all those months how much feedback they got about the character creator, or how many players gave positive or negative comments in that regard.

My personal opinion is that BW wouldn't ignore something like that given a 2-3 year beta to fix things, and that anyone complaining now that they didn't spend resources despite the beta testers is just spouting BS. To be perfectly honest, the character generator doesn't bother me in the least. I've played with (relatively) very few creators that were better, and with a lot of worse creators.

you can if you had been following the beta forums and reading what players have complained about the most.. UI was one of the biggest and so was character customization.. neither changed.. also pretty much every single professional beta review stated being somewhat dissapointed with UI and charater customization in one way or another

Okay... So quantify it for me then. Show me exactly how many testers there were total, and show me how many indivdual testers gave feedback on the character creator being poor.

I have another theory. You were concerned about the character creator, spent a lot of time seeking out those threads, and your mind translated the time and effort spent on the forums into a 'majority' of testers complaining about it all througout testing. Pointing me to the forums or to a media review with a snippet about it is not quantification. I could just as easily point you to forum where people think the earth is flat, and tell you that, based on those posts, a majority of people in the world believe in a flat earth.

 

Actually dude - character creation was one of  the biggest talked about things in beta and on the forums, whether you like it or not.  No one has to prove anything to you, you've clearly already taken a stance that you're right and everyone who has a different opinion on this matter is wrong.  Almost every day there was a new thread about it somewhere on the forums and the long standing threads on it were HUGE.  Keep on just thinking we're making it up though if that helps you sleep at night.  If they saw the feedback on the UI, they saw it on the character creator because it was just as prevalent.

excatly this was talked about every day.. people want to have a unique character.. this is not a new concept.. Back when Wow came out no game really had a great creator so that one was accepted but now with all the superhero MMOs, Aion, hell even rift although limited was better. For me it wouldn't be as big of a deal if all the choices you had were nice but you have maybe 3 female faces out of all of them that aren't just horrendously ugly not to mention only a couple decent hair styles... it's a dissapointment for many many people.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

  Meridion

Novice Member

Joined: 6/22/06
Posts: 1501

None of you understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!

12/15/11 7:16:38 AM#70

The character creator is mediocre at best. But I could have told you in advance they wouldn't improve it till launch, because honestly, have you ever seen a major char-gen revamp in a game post-beta-release (except EvE where it was a necessity because they introduced actual avatar models)? - No, because to 95% of the devs this is a feature you don't waste a huge lot of energy on because it doesn't stretch playtime like new factions, new raids or new zones. It's an MMO after all, you want your players to keep playing as much and long as possible... 

And as it is not abysmally bad but more like so-so, people will accept it as what it is in no time. Problem solved (for BW). 

M

  Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/20/07
Posts: 4810

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

12/15/11 7:23:58 AM#71
Originally posted by Meridion

The character creator is mediocre at best. But I could have told you in advance they wouldn't improve it till launch, because honestly, have you ever seen a major char-gen revamp in a game post-beta-release (except EvE where it was a necessity because they introduced actual avatar models)? - No, because to 95% of the devs this is a feature you don't waste a huge lot of energy on because it doesn't stretch playtime like new factions, new raids or new zones. It's an MMO after all, you want your players to keep playing as much and long as possible... 

And as it is not abysmally bad but more like so-so, people will accept it as what it is in no time. Problem solved (for BW). 

M

As I always say. Yet everytime you mention any shortcomming of the game to fanboys , during beta.

They shout : Its still beta !!! It will change!!!

 

 

  Icewhite

Made History

Joined: 7/11/11
Posts: 6495

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

12/15/11 7:25:15 AM#72
Originally posted by Meridion

have you ever seen a major char-gen revamp in a game post-beta-release (except EvE where it was a necessity because they introduced actual avatar models)? - No, because to 95% of the devs this is a feature you don't waste a huge lot of energy on because it doesn't stretch playtime like new factions

Why yes, I have.  (Points at CoX)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  sanosukex

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/08/05
Posts: 1857

12/15/11 7:31:07 AM#73
Originally posted by Lobotomist

As I always say. Yet everytime you mention any shortcomming of the game to fanboys , during beta.

They shout : Its still beta !!! It will change!!!

 

 

never since MMOs started have I ever played one in the open beta or stress test phase that wasn't the final product less few bugs here and there but every single game you hear this stuff amazing how blinded some people are.. anyway at least theres a few female chars that look decent so its not a total loss. I still can't believe AA isn't in the options yet(another thing people said would for sure be on at the pre-release).. although the INI tweak still works fine...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

  Acvivm

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/25/10
Posts: 314

12/15/11 7:37:46 AM#74

I look at it this way, if I can't make a character I like and can be happy with...then there is a problem. I managed to create 3 characters that I really like and am satisfied with, so all in all I really don't care about something that I use for maybe 15 minutes tops and may never use again.

I really don't see why they need to spend anymore time on something you will use only in the beginning and then won't even matter when you are wearing full armor and can't see those individual features anyway.

Sure, there could have been more options and variety, but once I make my characters thats it. I'm not going to start over just so I can wear a different hair style or because I want a less skinny guy. If there are no options to change your face, hair etc. on already made characters then it will have no effect on me since by the time it comes out most of my characters will already be made and lvl 50.

There are so many other things that just have a much greater priority, guild options and UI customization come first to mind. We can give feedback all day until our fingers are numb and bleeding but in the end if the developer doesn't want to follow it, then you will have to do what you can with what you got.

HEAVEN OR HELL
Duel 1
Lets ROCK!

  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Joined: 1/13/10
Posts: 12138

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

12/15/11 7:38:55 AM#75
Originally posted by DarkPony

Hmm yeah, c-creation isn't Swtor's best implemented feature it seems (along with the UI which they did promise to improve soonish).

But is it so bad that it severly impacts your gameplay experience?

I hope they will address it soon enough.

I'm almost tempted to redo my character. For my cyborg, there was no facial hair option that didn't include the implants stuff and whenever my character talks, the implants jiggle around, clip through the face and kind of hover slightly over the face. It's really irritating to look at, which puts a damper on the cool cutscenes and interactions this game has.

 

 

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Joined: 1/13/10
Posts: 12138

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

12/15/11 7:42:13 AM#76
Originally posted by Icewhite
Originally posted by Meridion

have you ever seen a major char-gen revamp in a game post-beta-release (except EvE where it was a necessity because they introduced actual avatar models)? - No, because to 95% of the devs this is a feature you don't waste a huge lot of energy on because it doesn't stretch playtime like new factions

Why yes, I have.  (Points at CoX)

Me, too. (Points at EVE)

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

  Acvivm

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/25/10
Posts: 314

12/15/11 7:47:03 AM#77
Originally posted by Loktofeit
Originally posted by Icewhite
Originally posted by Meridion

have you ever seen a major char-gen revamp in a game post-beta-release (except EvE where it was a necessity because they introduced actual avatar models)? - No, because to 95% of the devs this is a feature you don't waste a huge lot of energy on because it doesn't stretch playtime like new factions

Why yes, I have.  (Points at CoX)

Me, too. (Points at EVE)

Maybe the same thing will happen with SWTOR down the line, but are you seriously going to give up a maxed out character so you can make a more "personally appealing" character?

HEAVEN OR HELL
Duel 1
Lets ROCK!

  Calibanvov

Novice Member

Joined: 2/06/04
Posts: 192

The price of peace, is eternal vigilance.

12/15/11 7:48:32 AM#78

I like the game alot, but I have to agree that the CC is pretty sub-par.  Below average.

You would think if you were a developer with great resources your thinking would be "I'm going to kick butt in EVERY aspect of this game!".  But some aspects are only average.

 

 

  BlahTeeb

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/01/09
Posts: 628

12/15/11 7:49:32 AM#79
Originally posted by Acvivm

I look at it this way, if I can't make a character I like and can be happy with...then there is a problem. I managed to create 3 characters that I really like and am satisfied with, so all in all I really don't care about something that I use for maybe 15 minutes tops and may never use again.

I really don't see why they need to spend anymore time on something you will use only in the beginning and then won't even matter when you are wearing full armor and can't see those individual features anyway.

Sure, there could have been more options and variety, but once I make my characters thats it. I'm not going to start over just so I can wear a different hair style or because I want a less skinny guy. If there are no options to change your face, hair etc. on already made characters then it will have no effect on me since by the time it comes out most of my characters will already be made and lvl 50.

There are so many other things that just have a much greater priority, guild options and UI customization come first to mind. We can give feedback all day until our fingers are numb and bleeding but in the end if the developer doesn't want to follow it, then you will have to do what you can with what you got.

I don't care much for the character creation... but this is NOT how we gamers should be thinking. We shouldn't absolutely accept something just because the developers built it that way. That is how the MMO genre became so stale, gamers just accepting everything and thinking there is nothing better. Take a look at COD. I could get a non COD-player and have them play MW1 and MW3 and they wouldn't know the difference. People kept accepting the same thing, and so, the developers capitalize in it.

 

Now it obviously shouldn't be top priority, but it should be pretty high up. Simply take a look at the forums... there are a lot of people wanting a better (not new) character creation. Are a lot of them complaining and irritating? Of course. But there is a good reason for them complaining.

  warmaster670

Novice Member

Joined: 1/04/08
Posts: 1441

12/15/11 7:52:36 AM#80
Originally posted by BlahTeeb
 

Take a look at COD. I could get a non COD-player and have them play MW1 and MW3 and they wouldn't know the difference.

You shouldnt grab a blind person then, anyone who plays games, wether they play cod or not, and cant tell the difference, needs new eyes, fact.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search