Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warships | The Witcher 3 | World of Warcraft

    Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,986,420 Users Online:0
Games:830  Posts:6,436,109
Recent forum postsRSS
Active threads
Cloud view
List all forums
General Forums
Developers Corner General Discussion
Popular Game Forums
Click a status to find game forum
Game Forums
Click a letter to find game forum
A-C
2029 Online 2112: Revolution 2Moons 4Story 8BitMMO 9 Dragons A Mystical Land A Tale in the Desert III A3 ACE Online AD2460 ARGO Online Aberoth Absolute Force Online Absolute Terror Achaea Adellion Aerrevan Aetolia, the Midnight Age Age of Armor Age of Conan Age of Empires Online Age of Mourning Age of Wulin Age of Wushu Aida Arenas Aika Aion Albion Online Alganon All Points Bulletin (APB) Allods Online Altis Gates Amazing World Anarchy Online Ancients of Fasaria Andromeda 5 Angels Online Angry Birds Epic Anime Ninja Anime Pirates Anime Trumps Anmynor Anno Online Applo Arcane Hearts Arcane Legends ArchLord ArcheAge Archeblade Archlord 2 Archlord X Armored Warfare Ascend: Hand of Kul Asda 2 Asda Story Ashen Empires Asheron's Call Asheron's Call 2 Astera Online Astonia III Astro Empires Astro Lords: Oort CLoud Asura Force Atlantica Online Atriarch Aura Kingdom Aurora Blade Auto Assault Avatar Star Battle Dawn Battle Dawn Galaxies Battle for Graxia Battle of 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Immortals Battlecruiser Online Battlestar Galactica Online Battlestar Reloaded Beyond Protocol Bionic Marine Command Online Black Aftermath Black Desert Black Gold Black Prophecy Black Prophecy Tactics: Nexus Conflict Blackguards 2 Blacklight Retribution Blade & Soul Blade Hunter Blade Wars Blazing Throne Bless Blitz 1941 Blood and Jade Bloodborne Bloodlines Champions Boot Hill Heroes Borderlands 2 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Bound by Flame Bounty Bay Online Brain Storm Bravada Bravely Default Bravely Second Brawl Busters. Brick-Force Bright Shadow Bullet Run Business Tycoon Online CTRacer Cabal Online Caesary Call of Camelot Call of Gods Call of Thrones Camelot Unchained Canaan Online Cardmon Hero Cartoon Universe CasinoRPG Cast & Conquer Castle Empire Castlot Celtic Heroes Champions Online Champions of Regnum Chaos Online Child of Light Chroma Squad Chrono Tales Citadel of Sorcery CitiesXL Citizen Zero City of Decay City of Heroes City of Steam City of Transformers City of Villains Civilization Online Clan Lord Clash of Clans Cloud Nine Club Penguin Colony of War Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Company of Heroes Online Conquer Online Conquer Online 3 Continent of the Ninth (C9) Core Blaze Core Exiles Corum Online Craft of Gods Crimecraft Crimelife 2 Cronous Crota II Crowfall Crusaders of Solaris Cultures Online Cyber Monster 2 Cyberpunk 2077 Céiron Wars
D-F
D&D Online DC Universe DK Online DOTA DOTA 2 DUST 514 DV8: Exile Dalethaan Dance Groove Online Dark Age of Camelot Dark Ages Dark Legends Dark Orbit Dark Relic: Prelude Dark Solstice Dark Souls 2 Dark and Light DarkEden Online DarkSpace Darkblood Online Darkest Dungeon Darkfall Darkfall: Unholy Wars Darkwind: War on Wheels Das Tal Dawn of Fantasy Dawntide DayZ Dead Earth Dead Frontier Dead Island Dead Island 2 Dead Island: Riptide Deco Online Deep Down Deepworld Defiance Deicide Online Dekaron Demons at the Horizon Desert Operations Destiny Diablo 3 Diamonin Digimon Battle Dino Storm Disciple Divergence Divina Divine Souls Divinity: Original Sin Dofus Dominus Online Dragon Age: Inquisition Dragon Ball Online Dragon Born Online Dragon Crusade Dragon Empires Dragon Eternity Dragon Fin Soup Dragon Heart Online Dragon Nest Dragon Oath Dragon Pals Dragon Raja Dragon's Call Dragon's Call II Dragon's Prophet DragonSky DragonSoul Dragona Dragonica Dragons and Titans Drakengard 3 Dream of Mirror Online Dreamland Online Dreamlords: The Reawakening Drift City Duels Dungeon Blitz Dungeon Fighter Online Dungeon Overlord Dungeon Party Dungeon Rampage Dungeon Runners Dungeon of the Endless Dying Light Dynastica Dynasty Warriors Online Dynasty of the Magi EIN (Epicus Incognitus) EVE Online Earth Eternal Earth and Beyond Earthlock: Festival of Magic Earthrise Eclipse War Ecol Tactics Online Eden Eternal Edge of Space Einherjar - The Viking's Blood Elder Scrolls Online Eldevin Elf Online Elite: Dangerous Embers of Caerus Emil Chronicle Online Empire Empire & State Empire Craft Empire Universe 3 EmpireQuest Empires of Galldon End of Nations Endless Ages Endless Blue Moon Online Endless Online Entropia Universe EpicDuel Erebus: Travia Reborn Eredan Eternal Blade Eternal Lands Eternal Saga Ether Fields Ether Saga Online Eudemons Online EuroGangster EverEmber Online EverQuest Next EverQuest Online Adventures Evernight Everquest Everquest II Evony Exarch Exorace F.E.A.R. Online Fable Legends Face of Mankind Fairyland Online Fall of Rome Fallen Earth Fallen Sword Fallout 4 Fallout Online Family Guy Online Fantage Fantasy Earth Zero Fantasy Realm Online Fantasy Tales Online Fantasy Worlds: Rhynn Faunasphere Faxion Online Fearless Fantasy Ferentus Ferion Fiesta Online Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Final Fantasy XI Final Fantasy XIV Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Firefall Fists of Fu Florensia Flyff Football Manager Live Football Superstars Force of Arms Forge Forsaken Uprising Forsaken World Fortnite Fortuna Forum for Discussion of Everlight Freaky Creatures Free Realms Freesky Online Freeworld Fung Wan Online Furcadia Fury Fusion Fall
G-L
GRAV GalaXseeds Galactic Command Online Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Gameglobe Gate To Heavens Gates of Andaron Gatheryn Gauntlet Gekkeiju Online Ghost Online Ghost Recon Online Gladiatus Glitch Global Agenda Global Soccer Gloria Victis Glory of Gods GoGoRacer Goal Line Blitz Gods Rush Gods and Heroes GodsWar Online Golemizer Golf Star GoonZu Online Graal Kingdoms Granado Espada Online Grand Chase Grand Fantasia Grepolis Grimlands Guild Wars Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars Factions Guild Wars Nightfall H1Z1 Habbo Hotel Hailan Rising HaloSphere2 Hand of Fate Haven & Hearth Hawken Heart Forth Alicia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Helbreath Hellgate Hellgate: London Hello Kitty Online Hero Online Hero Zero Hero's Journey Hero: 108 Online HeroSmash Heroes & Generals Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar Heroes in the Sky Heroes of Atlan Heroes of Bestia Heroes of Gaia Heroes of Might and Magic Online Heroes of Thessalonica Heroes of Three Kingdoms Heroes of the Storm Hex Holic Online Hostile Space Hunter Blade Huxley Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Illutia Illyriad Immortals USA Immune Imperator Imperian Inferno Legend Infestation: Survivor Stories Infinite Crisis Infinity Infinity Iris Online Iron Grip: Marauders Irth Worlds Island Forge Islands of War Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Jade Dynasty Jagged Alliance Online Juggernaut Jumpgate Jumpgate Evolution KAL Online Kakele Online Kaos War Karos Online Kartuga Kicks Online Kill Strain King of Kings 3 Kingdom Heroes Kingdom Under Fire II Kingdom of Drakkar Kingory Kings Era Kings and Legends Kings of the Realm KingsRoad Kitsu Saga Kiwarriors Knight Age Knight Online Knights of Dream City Kothuria Kung Foo! Kunlun Online Kyn L.A.W. LEGO Universe La Tale Land of Chaos Online Landmark Lands of Hope: Redemption LastChaos League of Angels League of Legends - Clash of Fates Legend of Edda: Vengeance Legend of Golden Plume Legend of Grimrock 2 Legend of Katha Legend of Mir 2 Legend of Mir 3 Legendary Champions Lego Minifigures Online Lichdom: Battlemage Life is Feudal Light of Nova Lime Odyssey Line of Defense Lineage Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance Lineage II Linkrealms Loong Online Lord of the Rings Online Lords Online Lords of the Fallen Lords of the Fallen 2 Lost Saga Lucent Heart Lunia Lusternia: Age of Ascension Luvinia World
M-Q
MU Online Mabinogi Maestia: Rise of Keledus MagiKnights Magic Barrage Magic World Online Manga Fighter MapleStory Martial Heroes Marvel Heroes Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mass Effect 4 MechWarrior Online Megaten Meridian 59 : Evolution Merlin MetalMercs Metaplace Metin 2 MicroVolts Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Midkemia Online Might & Magic Heroes Online Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms Might & Magic X: Legacy MilMo Minecraft Mini Fighter Minions of Mirth Ministry of War Monato Esprit Monkey King Online Monkey Quest Monster & Me Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate Monster Madness Online MonsterMMORPG Moonlight Online: Tales of Eternal Blood Moonrise Mordavia Mortal Online Mourning My Lands Myst Online: URU Live Myth Angels Online Myth War Myth War 2 Mythborne Mytheon Mythic Saga Mythos N.E.O Online NIDA Online Nadirim Naviage: The Power of Capital Navy Field Necropolis Need for Speed World Nemexia Neo's Land NeoSteam Neocron Nether Neverwinter Nexus: The Kingdom Of The Winds NinjaTrick NosTale Nova Genesis Novus Aeterno Oberin Odin Quest Odyssey RPG Ogre Island Omerta 3 Online Boxing Manager Onverse Oort Online Order & Chaos Online Order of Magic Original Blood Origins Return Origins of Malu Orion's Belt Otherland Forums OverSoul Overkings Overwatch Oz Online Oz World Pandora Saga Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Panzar Parabellum Parallel Kingdom Parfait Station Path of Exile Pathfinder Online Perfect World Perpetuum Online Persona V Phantasy Star Online 2 Phantasy Star Universe Phoenix Dynasty Online Phylon Pi Story Picaroon Pillars of Eternity Pirate Galaxy Pirate Storm Pirate101 PirateKing Online Pirates of the Burning Sea Pirates of the Caribbean Online Pixie Hollow Planeshift Planet Arkadia Planet Calypso PlanetSide 2 Planetside Planets³ Playboy Manager Pocket Legends Pockie Ninja Pockie Pirates Pockie Saints Pokémon X and Y PoxNora Prime World Prime: Battle for Dominus Priston Tale Priston Tale II Prius Online Prodigy Project Blackout Project Gorgon Project Powder Project Titan Forums Project Wiki Project Zomboid Puzzle Pirates Quest for Infamy Quickhit Football
R-S
R2 Online RAN Online RF Online ROSE Online Rage of 3 Kingdoms Ragnarok Online Ragnarok Online II RaiderZ Rail Nation Rakion Rappelz RappelzSEA Ravenmarch Realm Fighter Realm of Sierra Realm of the Mad God Realm of the Titans Realms Online Rebel Galaxy Reclamation Red Stone Red War: Edem's Curse Regnum Online Remnant Knights Renaissance Repulse Requiem: Memento Mori Rift RiotZone Rise Rise of Dragonian Era Rise of Empire Rise of the Tycoon Risen 3: Titan Lords Rising of King Risk Your Life Rivality Rockfree Rohan: Blood Feud Role Play Worlds Roll n Rock Roma Victor Romadoria Rosh Online Roto X Rubies of Eventide Ruin Online Rumble Fighter Runes of Magic Runescape Rust Rusty Hearts Ryzom S4 League SAGA SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SMITE SUN Sacred 3 Sagramore Salem SaySayGirls Scarlet Blade Scions of Fate Seal Online: Evolution Second Chance Heroes Second Life Secret of the Solstice Seed Serenia Fantasy Seven Seas Saga Seven Souls Online Sevencore Shadow Realms Shadow of Legend Shadowbane Shadowgate Shadowrun Chronicles Shaiya Shards Online Shattered Galaxy Sho Online Shot Online Shroud of the Avatar SideQuest Siege on Stars Sigonyth: Desert Eternity Silkroad Online Skyblade Skyforge SmashMuck Champions Smoo Online Soldier Front Soul Master Soul Order Online Soul of Guardian South Park: The Stick of Truth Space Heroes Universe Sparta: War of Empires Spellcasters Sphere Spiral Knights Spirit Tales Splash Fighters Squad Wars Star Citizen Star Conflict Star Sonata 2 Star Stable Star Supremacy Star Trek Online Star Trek: Infinite Space Star Wars Galaxies Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Star Wars: The Old Republic StarQuest Online Starbound Stargate Worlds Starlight Story Starpires State of Decay SteelWar Online Stone Age 2 Stormfall: Age of War Stormthrone Storybricks Stronghold Kingdoms Styx: Master of Shadows Sudden Attack Supremacy 1914 Supreme Destiny Sword Coast Legends Sword Girls Sword of Destiny: Rise of Aions SwordX Swords of Heavens Swordsman
T-Z
TERA TS Online TUG Tabula Rasa Tactica Online Tales Runner Tales of Fantasy Tales of Pirates Tales of Pirates II Tales of Solaris Talisman Online Tamer Saga Tank Ace Tantra Online Tatsumaki: Land at War Terra Militaris TerraWorld Online Terraria Thang Online The 4th Coming The Agency The Aurora World The Banner Saga The Banner Saga 2 The Black Watchmen The Chronicle The Chronicles of Spellborn The Crew The Division The Epic Might The Hammers End The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 The Legend of Ares The Lost Titans The Matrix Online The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot The Missing Ink The Mummy Online The Myth of Soma The Pride of Taern The Realm Online The Repopulation The Secret World The Sims Online The Strategems The West The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Theralon There Therian Saga Thrones of Chaos Tibia Tibia Micro Edition Tiger Knight Titan Siege Titans of Time Toontown Online Top Speed Topia Online Torchlight Torment: Tides of Numenera Total Domination Transformers Universe Transistor Transverse Trapped Dead: Lockdown Traveller AR Travia Online Travian Triad Wars Trials of Ascension Tribal Hero Tribal Wars Tribes Universe Trickster Online Trove Troy Online True Fantasy Live Online Turf Battles Twelve Sky Twelve Sky 2 Twilight War Tynon U.B. Funkeys UFO Online URDEAD Online Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Ultima Online Ultima X: Odyssey Ultimate Naruto Ultimate Soccer Boss Uncharted Waters Online Undercover 2: Merc Wars Underlight Unification Wars Universe Online Utherous Utopia Valkyrie Sky Vampire Lord Online Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Vanquish Space Vector City Racers Vendetta Online Victory - Age of Racing Vindictus Virtonomics Vis Gladius Visions of Zosimos VoidExpanse Voyage Century Online W.E.L.L. Online WAR (Warhammer Online) WAR2 Glory WYD Global Wakfu War Thunder War of 2012 War of Angels War of Legends War of Mercenaries War of Thrones War of the Immortals WarFlow Waren Story Warflare Wargame1942 Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Warkeepers Warrior Epic Wartune Wasteland 2 WebLords Wild West Online WildStar Wind of Luck WindSlayer 2 Wings of Destiny Wish Wizard101 Wizardry Online Wizards and Champions Wonder King Wonderland Online World Golf Tour World of Battles World of Darkness World of Heroes World of Kung Fu World of Pirates World of Speed World of Tanks World of Tanks Generals World of Warcraft World of Warplanes World of Warriors World of Warships World of the Living Dead WorldAlpha Wurm Online Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Xenoblade Chronicles: X Xenocell Xiah Xsyon Xulu YS Online Yitien ZU Online Zentia Zero Online Zero Online: The Andromeda Crisis Zodiac Online Zombies Ate My Pizza eRepublik

MMORPG.com Discussion Forums

General Discussion

General Discussion 

News & Features Discussion  » General: Skyrim First Impressions

13 Pages First « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » Search
259 posts found
  Unlight

Novice Member

Joined: 12/10/08
Posts: 2586

11/13/11 11:43:34 PM#221
Originally posted by Requiamer

 



Originally posted by Unlight


Originally posted by Requiamer

 
Tdlr the people complaining about the UI have no clue what they are talking about. Also the tab is used for the esc key to go out of the menu, just like i pointed, look at your keyboard and see where those keys are. Ye tab is just a key away from swad, esc is way up there where you need to stretch your finger to access it and most probably would have to loos contact with your swad key. So people before complaining at least try to understand why they did that that way.
The game is just awesome, look great, combat is superior to any other rpg.  Now i have to go play, sorry guys....


Too many people, including the ones that are shamelessly gushing about the game, claim that the UI was optimized for consoles not for PCs.  They generally close with something like, "...but after a while I learned to deal with it".  That tells me that you need to adapt to a system that wasn't well made to start with, but not so bad as to make the game unplayable.  A good UI lets you slide right into it within a few minutes, with little or no headscratching.
Nothing breaks a game faster for me than a poor interface, which nearly all console ports share.  I'm still going to wait for a decent mod to fix that up before I try the game so I don't start off playing it with a sour taste in my mouth.  I'd hate to have an otherwise good experience ruined due to a goofy interface.  I suspect that I'll still be able to buy the game a few weeks or months from now when many of the other rough edges have also been smoothed over by a dedicated modding community.  Maybe it will even be a Christmas present to myself.
 



 
Did you even read and tried to understand my post before quoting me? The fact a lot of people claim something doesn't make it more true. People used to claim the earth is flat, ye they even killed and burned books for that.

No really i don't say that to be a smart ass. Just try to grasp the greater limitations and need a rpg game with fps combat have to deal when it come to control and UI and you will understand. I explained it in the post. The Skyrim UI is a very good UI even for PC, i told you why, really it is. But you just don't understand it because you think a rpg with fps combat should have as simple control as a classical fps or as a classical rpg, but they can't. Its obvious if you think about it 5 minutes and if you actually try to test it. Just open a fps game, open whatever classical fps really it doesn't matter, then try to access all the key needed in a rpg, this mean the f1 to f12, the 1 to 0, and the skill bar and see what happen.

Yes you really need to adapt because rpg with fps combat don't use the same setting as your usual rpg or your usual fps, its not hard to understand. Its a technical and physical issue. Skyrim UI is not a bad port at all, it is very well set for pc, the people playing a lot of fps like rpg will understand it, yes rpg with fps combat have a bit more awkward control and UI but this is the price to have as way superior combat, which really isn't hard to understand. More complexity in combat need more work for you, the player. In skyrim you still have everything at your finger length, that's quiet a feat, try to play other rpg with fps combat to compare.

And really if you set it well the control are super easy, you both can access all the menus and the rebind option with tab and "q" keys, i mean can it be easier for a fps? i don't think so. The only thing a mod will do is help you totally mess your controls, that's for sure. But really if you want to wait, just do.

Yes, I understood it.  I've also been reading the Skyrim and Steam forums to get as much information as possible (I hope you weren't expecting that I was going to take your word as gospel).  What that has lead me to conclude is that Beth made the game for consoles, then did the minimum required to get it to run on the PC so they could increase their sales.  Same old story, different title.  The only really bright spot that I've read is that it seems to be damned stable.  I think that's a first for Beth.  But to tell you the truth, I would have preferred a buggy game that was designed for PC than the opposite.  Developers tend to fix bugs.  They don't tend to re-write interfaces

Sorry, but I'm in no hurry to rush out and throw my money at a company who doesn't feel that going the extra distance to give me the best possible experience is part of their job.  And that's not just Beth but most companies who produce multiplatform games.  That's why I hesitated in buying it in the first place.  I've been burned more times than I can count due to lazy ports so I was expecting the worst.  The good news is that everything that console development couldn't f*** up, actually sounds pretty good.  However, everything it could f*** up, it did.

I'm not writing the game off, but I am going to delay.  I never had the level of hype that most of you have, so for me, waiting is no hardship.  Oblivion was a step backwards from Morrowind (in my opinion), so I wasn't waiting feverishly for this one.  In the meantime, I'll just hold on until one of the strengths of the PC platform takes over and mods out the poorly optimized bits that Beth should have done themselves.

Oh, and on the topic of FPS/RPGs, games have been able to mix them successfully for years.  System Shock II comes to mind as one of the earlier ones, and that was back in the 90s.  Mixing these two types of games is hardly breaking new ground.  But then again, the influence of consoles on PC development has never been more invasive than it is today.  It's not the intricacies of designing a working system for different genres that's tricky, but doing it for different platforms.  Sadly, it's usually the PC that gets the short end of stick.  Sorry, I just won't raise a glass of purple kool-aid to that.  You're welcome to, though.

  Zairu

Novice Member

Joined: 1/09/09
Posts: 493

Yes, this is a personal attack.

11/14/11 1:51:33 AM#222

Originally posted by Unlight


Originally posted by Requiamer

 







Originally posted by Unlight






Originally posted by Requiamer



 

Tdlr the people complaining about the UI have no clue what they are talking about. Also the tab is used for the esc key to go out of the menu, just like i pointed, look at your keyboard and see where those keys are. Ye tab is just a key away from swad, esc is way up there where you need to stretch your finger to access it and most probably would have to loos contact with your swad key. So people before complaining at least try to understand why they did that that way.

The game is just awesome, look great, combat is superior to any other rpg.  Now i have to go play, sorry guys....






Too many people, including the ones that are shamelessly gushing about the game, claim that the UI was optimized for consoles not for PCs.  They generally close with something like, "...but after a while I learned to deal with it".  That tells me that you need to adapt to a system that wasn't well made to start with, but not so bad as to make the game unplayable.  A good UI lets you slide right into it within a few minutes, with little or no headscratching.

Nothing breaks a game faster for me than a poor interface, which nearly all console ports share.  I'm still going to wait for a decent mod to fix that up before I try the game so I don't start off playing it with a sour taste in my mouth.  I'd hate to have an otherwise good experience ruined due to a goofy interface.  I suspect that I'll still be able to buy the game a few weeks or months from now when many of the other rough edges have also been smoothed over by a dedicated modding community.  Maybe it will even be a Christmas present to myself.

 






 

Did you even read and tried to understand my post before quoting me? The fact a lot of people claim something doesn't make it more true. People used to claim the earth is flat, ye they even killed and burned books for that.

No really i don't say that to be a smart ass. Just try to grasp the greater limitations and need a rpg game with fps combat have to deal when it come to control and UI and you will understand. I explained it in the post. The Skyrim UI is a very good UI even for PC, i told you why, really it is. But you just don't understand it because you think a rpg with fps combat should have as simple control as a classical fps or as a classical rpg, but they can't. Its obvious if you think about it 5 minutes and if you actually try to test it. Just open a fps game, open whatever classical fps really it doesn't matter, then try to access all the key needed in a rpg, this mean the f1 to f12, the 1 to 0, and the skill bar and see what happen.


Yes you really need to adapt because rpg with fps combat don't use the same setting as your usual rpg or your usual fps, its not hard to understand. Its a technical and physical issue. Skyrim UI is not a bad port at all, it is very well set for pc, the people playing a lot of fps like rpg will understand it, yes rpg with fps combat have a bit more awkward control and UI but this is the price to have as way superior combat, which really isn't hard to understand. More complexity in combat need more work for you, the player. In skyrim you still have everything at your finger length, that's quiet a feat, try to play other rpg with fps combat to compare.


And really if you set it well the control are super easy, you both can access all the menus and the rebind option with tab and "q" keys, i mean can it be easier for a fps? i don't think so. The only thing a mod will do is help you totally mess your controls, that's for sure. But really if you want to wait, just do.


Yes, I understood it.  I've also been reading the Skyrim and Steam forums to get as much information as possible (I hope you weren't expecting that I was going to take your word as gospel).  What that has lead me to conclude is that Beth made the game for consoles, then did the minimum required to get it to run on the PC so they could increase their sales.  Same old story, different title.  The only really bright spot that I've read is that it seems to be damned stable.  I think that's a first for Beth.  But to tell you the truth, I would have preferred a buggy game that was designed for PC than the opposite.  Developers tend to fix bugs.  They don't tend to re-write interfaces


Sorry, but I'm in no hurry to rush out and throw my money at a company who doesn't feel that going the extra distance to give me the best possible experience is part of their job.  And that's not just Beth but most companies who produce multiplatform games.  That's why I hesitated in buying it in the first place.  I've been burned more times than I can count due to lazy ports so I was expecting the worst.  The good news is that everything that console development couldn't f*** up, actually sounds pretty good.  However, everything it could f*** up, it did.


I'm not writing the game off, but I am going to delay.  I never had the level of hype that most of you have, so for me, waiting is no hardship.  Oblivion was a step backwards from Morrowind (in my opinion), so I wasn't waiting feverishly for this one.  In the meantime, I'll just hold on until one of the strengths of the PC platform takes over and mods out the poorly optimized bits that Beth should have done themselves.


Oh, and on the topic of FPS/RPGs, games have been able to mix them successfully for years.  System Shock II comes to mind as one of the earlier ones, and that was back in the 90s.  Mixing these two types of games is hardly breaking new ground.  But then again, the influence of consoles on PC development has never been more invasive than it is today.  It's not the intricacies of designing a working system for different genres that's tricky, but doing it for different platforms.  Sadly, it's usually the PC that gets the short end of stick.  Sorry, I just won't raise a glass of purple kool-aid to that.  You're welcome to, though.



 

enjoy NOT playing a very fun, immersive game.


the UI only has one problm for me, and that is inability to remap the F and R key without breaking the functions that those keys use in the interface menus.


solution? i got used to my run and activate being elsewhere.


 


i have never bought a new game, EVER, and thought  "Oh, this UI is amazing. it does nothing to annoy me".


UI is an annoying part of games. for me anyway. most of them (for me) take time to get used to, even if made well. Skyrim has a few UI issues, and i agree that they should have been addressed before selling. but this game is AMAZING, and a couple UI irritations are not enough to ruin it for me.


this is the only game i need for YEARS to come. i forgot what MMO even stands for.

 

oh yeah, i remember. Monthly Monetary Offering.

 

 


 


  Teala

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/16/04
Posts: 7461

"Really officer, they're medicinal herbs."

11/14/11 2:34:45 AM#223

My mount, the second one I have bought since my first was eaten by something, is named Tibirius.   Wonderful thing about this guy...when I am in danger he does not hesitate to attack my enemies.  He is so awesome that he stomped to death the leader of group of bandits I was sent to kill.  While I was fighting three of the bandits Tibirius rushed the leader and kicked the living crap out of him, when I was running up to him I heard him say "Mercy...for the love of the Gods mercy!"  LOL!  I was thinking dude...my horse is like the most badarse dude this side of hades.   :)

 

Hehehe...here, btw, as I mentioned, my horse kicking arse on that leader of the bandits I came across.   Screen shot I took to prove it!  LOL!

This guy had a sword of frost on him, too, and I found 116 gold as well.    All in all a good haul! 

 

  Z3R01

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2464

MMO gamer since 1997

11/14/11 6:30:48 AM#224

You dont need to pay for the mount. 

If you join a faction through a MISC quest you can then travel to all thier  strongholds in Skyrim and just take a horse from the stables for free.  

I took a white-ish gray horse and it continues to spawn along side me.

Playing:

Waiting on:

  Z3R01

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2464

MMO gamer since 1997

11/14/11 6:33:03 AM#225

People need to shut up and be happy that we even get games on PC.

With all the pirating thats going on I feel fortunate that we get console ports at this point.

 

Playing:

Waiting on:

  Qtar

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/01/10
Posts: 165

No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, Power is Freedom.

11/14/11 6:40:32 AM#226
Originally posted by Z3R01

People need to shut up and be happy that we even get games on PC.

With all the pirating thats going on I feel fortunate that we get console ports at this point.

 

why do you think they don't pirating consoles?  today everything is possible

Currently playing: HC Diablo 3, DDO
MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
Eu,War.
Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

  DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Joined: 8/29/08
Posts: 5637

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

11/14/11 7:20:25 AM#227

Originally posted by Teala

My mount, the second one I have bought since my first was eaten by something, is named Tibirius.   Wonderful thing about this guy...when I am in danger he does not hesitate to attack my enemies.  He is so awesome that he stomped to death the leader of group of bandits I was sent to kill.  While I was fighting three of the bandits Tibirius rushed the leader and kicked the living crap out of him, when I was running up to him I heard him say "Mercy...for the love of the Gods mercy!"  LOL!  I was thinking dude...my horse is like the most badarse dude this side of hades.   :)



 


Hehehe...here, btw, as I mentioned, my horse kicking arse on that leader of the bandits I came across.   Screen shot I took to prove it!  LOL!



This guy had a sword of frost on him, too, and I found 116 gold as well.    All in all a good haul! 


 



 


Had a similar encounter: suddenly attacked by four bandits and my horse went crazy when I dismounted. It tanked and spanked remarkably well so I switched from using my bow to being my horse's main healer in that encounter. Worked like a charm and good to see ranged heals work on mounts too :)


Also cool how arrows stick for a while.


  Z3R01

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/09/08
Posts: 2464

MMO gamer since 1997

11/14/11 7:22:32 AM#228
Originally posted by Qtar
Originally posted by Z3R01

People need to shut up and be happy that we even get games on PC.

With all the pirating thats going on I feel fortunate that we get console ports at this point.

 

why do you think they don't pirating consoles?  today everything is possible

Honestly not to the extent that of PC games. Its much easier to pirate PC games since its free to do so.

To pirate Console stuff you need to modify your console then go through the process of DLing and burning games to disc.

Look at games like Crysis, Torchlight and Witcher. millions of illegal downloads. If you were a developer would you bother making a game for PC that will see 200-400k sales and 5 million copies stolen?

 

Like I said we should feel fortunate that we have games on PC at all.

Playing:

Waiting on:

  Requiamer

Novice Member

Joined: 5/20/05
Posts: 2054

11/14/11 8:15:36 AM#229
Originally posted by Unlight
Oh, and on the topic of FPS/RPGs, games have been able to mix them successfully for years.  System Shock II comes to mind as one of the earlier ones, and that was back in the 90s.  Mixing these two types of games is hardly breaking new ground.  But then again, the influence of consoles on PC development has never been more invasive than it is today.  It's not the intricacies of designing a working system for different genres that's tricky, but doing it for different platforms.  Sadly, it's usually the PC that gets the short end of stick.  Sorry, I just won't raise a glass of purple kool-aid to that.  You're welcome to, though.

Bioshock use a pure fps control and Ui setting, you just need to bind weapons in Bioshock, they are pretty much no skills, potions, spells, scrolls involved as an rpg like Skyrim need to have. Its clear you don't understand what i'm saying, and don't even try to understand.

  solarine

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 1204

11/14/11 8:50:43 AM#230

 


Walking around in an area that's teeming with those darned bears and perilously close to a dragon's soaring grounds, I guess the last thing you expect to see is a trio of hunters in their underwear / bikinis, lying or standing in the steaming waters of a lake, taking some time off and just, well, chilling. 


But that is exactly what I've seen. :)


 


 


 


  gilgamesh9

Novice Member

Joined: 5/20/10
Posts: 137

11/14/11 10:06:28 AM#231

Originally posted by Timacek

skyrim MMO please. Best single player game of the last few years!



Some games should remain single player.  Once you make an MMO out of it, everyone then becomes "The Hero" and the moments and powers you get that make you special... are all to commonplace.


  Tardcore

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/13/09
Posts: 2370

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to post."

11/14/11 10:08:02 AM#232
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Qtar
Originally posted by Z3R01

People need to shut up and be happy that we even get games on PC.

With all the pirating thats going on I feel fortunate that we get console ports at this point.

 

why do you think they don't pirating consoles?  today everything is possible

Honestly not to the extent that of PC games. Its much easier to pirate PC games since its free to do so.

To pirate Console stuff you need to modify your console then go through the process of DLing and burning games to disc.

Look at games like Crysis, Torchlight and Witcher. millions of illegal downloads. If you were a developer would you bother making a game for PC that will see 200-400k sales and 5 million copies stolen?

 

Like I said we should feel fortunate that we have games on PC at all.


No, the only people who are really lucky are the software companies who can take the easy way out by developing the game for the console, making a half assed port for PC, yet still sell it to PC gamers at full retail price, and have seemingly uneducated people like yourself slavishly buy the game and be grateful about it even when they treat you more like a burden and less like a paying customer.

 

 

Personally I detest the pirating of intellectual property. The less people that can make a good living off creating things for us, the less stuff there eventually is for us to have. In the world of gaming it makes companies add draconian and at the same time worthless DRM meassures to games that are only a headache for we people who actually pay for the bloody things. Take a quick gander around any torrent site and you will quickly see there are just as many if not more console games (since so many games are console only these days) being shared as there ones for the PC.

 

 

While at the moment people still have to physically mod their consoles (or pay someone a small fee to do it for them, a burgeoning underground industry) they only have to do it once. Then on all they do is download and burn. And your idea that having to pay a small sum per game for writable media is some how enough of a prohibitive expense that people would rather just pay full retail price, is f**king hilarious. For the price of about two console games (actually probably less these days) they can play any game that strikes their fancy without ever needing to spend one penny more.

 

 

And to make matters worse, now that dongle cracking, homebrew console OS's and jailbreaking are becoming more hobbiest cracker level rather than bleeding edge technology, very soon physically mod chipping a console will be obsolete. And that means any bright little monkey with an internet connection will be able to pirate console games at their leisure. And due to their less felxable nature, console companies will be slower to find ways to combat this free gaming ramapage. And since the two biggest console companies are still selling their console units at a loss, or just a level above breaking even, these companies rely heavily on game revinue to turn a profit. This is not a good thing for the profitable future of consoles or gaming.

 

 

And I'll add one more thing, gaming companies seem to still be blind to the idea that they garner the most loyal consumers by selling a well made product at a reasonable price. We keep hearing game makers yammer on and on about how much easier it is to create games for the consoles as opposed to the PC. Funny though how that ease of access never seems to be reflected in the price their products. And in fact the price of these so called easier to make games keeps rising. What this means to me is that these companies are using this consolization method to maximize profits. They create a lower quality product, sell it for more each year, and those of us who haven't given up on games all together, or even worse decided to just stop paying for them, get the shaft. And in cases of consumers like yourself, actually get showered with praise for treating gamers on both platforms in this backhanded manner.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  Chrysos

Novice Member

Joined: 9/29/04
Posts: 77

11/14/11 11:17:57 AM#233

What the original post missed in his spoiler is that there is actually a choice in the opening sequence to go with the imperial guard (as he did) or follow a rebel into the building.  Gives a slightly different flavour to the underground escape and a different starting quest.

Enjoying the game immensly and hate that I have to go to work and stop playing.  Then again I can read forum posts about Skyrim.

I support Belgiums efforts to get noticed ... at all.

  paterah

Novice Member

Joined: 4/21/07
Posts: 589

11/14/11 11:39:04 AM#234

Tardcore I tend to overlook the flaws of a game if it's very good, c'mon man, we are talking about the best RPG ever created, it's certainly not without its flaws but I'd skip every game if I were stuck to the parts I don't like and for once I think a singleplayer game deserves my full money and it's gonna keep me occupied for a long time.

  Tardcore

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/13/09
Posts: 2370

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to post."

11/14/11 1:13:08 PM#235
Originally posted by paterah

Tardcore I tend to overlook the flaws of a game if it's very good, c'mon man, we are talking about the best RPG ever created, it's certainly not without its flaws but I'd skip every game if I were stuck to the parts I don't like and for once I think a singleplayer game deserves my full money and it's gonna keep me occupied for a long time.

And in the case of this particular game I don't find that outlook unreasonable. As I stated earlier in the thread even I am willing to over look this issue if/when a fan made better UI mod is made.

 

However, look at it from my perspective for a minute. If this company has the talent to create such a great game, why didn't they take care of what I admit are really just niggling little details? Seeing issues that seem so easy to have avoided at all in such a great game, for me, only exacerbates my annoyances with them. If this game was made by a small indie company such as Taleworlds who do not have a massive budget or tech team, or made by a large company with a history of making totally sh*t, or at least lesser quality games (take your pick, there are tons of them), I actually wouldn't be as pissed off.

 

Seeing a company who have proven in both the past, and with this game, that they can do better, but for some reason mysteriously decided not to, combined with very negetive comments made by memebers of the company about the PC side of their creation process, makes me feel like they don't value those of us on the PC side of things as important customers. And frankly that hurts considering that I have been a fan, supporter and player of their games since the days of Daggerfall. If this company is going to try to continue to make a profit off my ass, and every other fan who is a PC gamer, then they should be willing to go the entire distance, and not just "good enough" to get the job done.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  TweFoju

Tipster

Joined: 6/27/09
Posts: 1007

11/15/11 1:34:36 AM#236

i bought Skyrim during the Midnight release,


 


sadly i havent have time to play it as i haven't finished my Deus Ex and Uncharted 3


 


bought too many games recently, and even i just got the AC Revelations 2 hours ago,


 


so Skyrim being the games that will last the most, i will probably keep it for the last


 


damnn these release dates!!!


So What Now?

  Kisra

Novice Member

Joined: 8/06/11
Posts: 8

11/15/11 1:45:34 AM#237

first Why i love Enlder scroll (played since Obl) coz when you go do some main quest you Never know what you will face

in the way there is always surprize on every ench in the game

for Skyrim i spend all 1st day thinking which race i should pick it was tough day , dont get me worng i enjoyed that annoying day lol

anyway when i pick the race and start playing the game first its Amazing 3D and carfully details

with good start story to put you into action from the first min

  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

Joined: 5/14/07
Posts: 9066

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

11/15/11 1:51:22 AM#238
Originally posted by TweFoju

i bought Skyrim during the Midnight release,


 


sadly i havent have time to play it as i haven't finished my Deus Ex and Uncharted 3


 


bought too many games recently, and even i just got the AC Revelations 2 hours ago,


 


so Skyrim being the games that will last the most, i will probably keep it for the last


 


damnn these release dates!!!


Obviously they make strange decisions in 020, they seem to have as much understanding of games as they have of soccer...

 

Now go and start playing Skyrim....

 

Just take some good advice from people that can now....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  Distopia

Drifter

Joined: 11/22/05
Posts: 16600

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

11/15/11 2:26:00 AM#239
Originally posted by Tardcore


No, the only people who are really lucky are the software companies who can take the easy way out by developing the game for the console, making a half assed port for PC, yet still sell it to PC gamers at full retail price, and have seemingly uneducated people like yourself slavishly buy the game and be grateful about it even when they treat you more like a burden and less like a paying customer.

 

What exactly are you saying here in reference to Skyrim? What makes it a "halfassed port" that should cost less for the PC version? The UI? Which IMO has been blown way out of proportion regarding how "bad" it is. This is one of the deepest games to release in years, yet somehow we're still being screwed?

 Do you realize how much work it takes to create a game like this, and why things like UI's are an after thought? Do you understand how hard it is to make a game like this that runs well,  while meeting deadlines and making sure things don't break due the dynamic nature of the world? Do you really think a PC specific UI is more important than all of that?

We're a burden as PC customers yet they happily put in the extra work to create modding tools, free of charge that allow the manipulation of the entire engine? They offer anyone who wants it the ability to create their own game, yet they aren't catering to the PC crowd?

 

 

 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

  timtrack

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 10/03/06
Posts: 420

11/15/11 2:42:13 AM#240

Originally posted by Terranah

Where's the manual!?   I like a manual so I don't have to google every question I have.  Would have been nice if they had included a pdf file, or maybe they have.  It wasn't in the usual Steam drop down menu when I rightclicked the game.



The manual is in the game. Hit escape and look for "Help" in the menus.


13 Pages First « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » Search