Hard at work, we have released yet another update for DarkSpace.
The change log is as follows:
- Changed server shutdown to make sure final prestige & rank are persisted to the database.
- Added more redundency and logging to player storage system.
- Changed UDP receive thread to high priority to prevent the loss of UDP packets under high CPU load.
- Enhancements are awarded directly to the players rather than dropped into space. Each player that causes a significant amount of recent damage to a destroyed ship gets a chance to receive the enhancement.
- Collision optimizations.
- Added new "Procyon" cluster for the MI threat.
- Added Supply Frigates to each faction so midshipmen have some diversity in what they can do.
- Added new Rogens Rift cluster, a haven for Pirates and unsavory characters.
- Increased base HP on Scouts and Frigates
- Reduced explosion damage for Cruisers
- Improved MI weaponry
- Removed attack distress notification for friendly fire on AI targets
- Updated ICC stations to be more defensive oriented
- Updated UGTO and K'Luth stations to be more offense oriented
- Revamped Auxiliary Shield Generators so that they are now useful. They have similar HP/sec regeneration to Reactive shields, and 1/4 of the hit points.
- Various balance tweaks.
You can download DarkSpace for free here.