The first update to Champions Online has been announced today on the Champions Online official website. The update will be entitled "Blood Moon", and from what we can gather, it appears to be a Halloween event that will also bring with it a new power framework: Celestial.
When Takofanes last strode across North America he killed all who crossed him to swell the ranks of his undead army. The first attempt America's superheroes made to stop him resulted in the death of half a dozen of them. A second more concentrated attempt managed to drive Takofanes from the battlefield, but he could not be defeated. Now Takofanes has returned once again with hordes of his minions, citing prophecies of doom and proclaiming his coming reign over humanity!
- Explore the new Celestial Powerset. Use the power of the Seraphim to heal and strengthen your allies, or release the fury of the Nephilim in a battle against evil.
- Beware the Zombie Apocalypse rising in Canada! Battle against zombies in PVP, but no matter what, do not fall there. Should you die, you shall return as one of the undead horde, bound to fight in Takofanes’ name.
- Fight off ravenous werewolf packs, but be careful lest you get bitten and infected with their dark magic.
- Stand against undead heroes who once fought in the Battle of Detroit, and do your best to free their souls from Takofanes’ necromancy.
- Challenge Takofanes to drive him from our land, but beware – you must fight the dark sorcerers who serve him before you have any chance of facing the Undying Lord.
The Blood Moon Rising page can be viewed here. It also appears that the site will be updated with a video featuring the update in the near future, stay tuned!