earlier this month, the gods released this announcement:
Wanted: A few good warriors! (Combat system testing)
Some minor, yet significant changes to the combat system were made to address the following issues:
- Offensive abilities fail to activate, leaving their respective hotkey grayed out for some time.
- Any hotkey for a spell or ability, clicked before moving upon logging in, becomes grayed out for some time.
- Standard attack ("attack" button, or the default tab key) returns "Target is ___ out of range" even though attacker and target are on top of each other.
- Pathing monsters break off their attack and run away when dragged alongside their path.
- Attackers can drag monsters well outside of their designated spawn region. (e.g. Son of Gigaroth dragged to Bristugo)
- Attacked monsters will sometimes stop attacking and stand around waiting to die.
- Monster aggro is difficult to maintain and highly unpredictable.
- Weapon attack range is the 3D (line-of-sight) distance between the attacker and target, rather than 2D (on the map) distance. (Reduces chance of accidental aggro by getting too close to a cliff; also increases difficulty in pulling from the top to the bottom, or bottom to the top of the cliff.)
- Those wielding ranged weapons will now get a feedback message indicating that they got a to-hit penalty for being too close to their target. (The penalty has always been in place. The feedback indicating that the penalty has been applied is new.) read more here.....