Last night was a crazy night for the AFTERMATHIANS (?) and my World of Warcraft life
Firstly I reactivated my retired level 70 human prot warrior that is now on Rexxar. Yeah I know. I got to thinking and I really wasn’t happy with the way the game was going for me, and if I was going to indeed tank again why not use the same damn character I was tanking with back last year that was fully geared, factionized and trade skilled (are those words? FACTIONIZED!)?
THE GUILD <AFTERMATH> is now recruiting and we are LIVE. I cannot thank everyone enough for coming over and trying this new guild out with all of us. In one night we invited 19 people and had as many as 13 on at once. We have every broad stroke of player in the guild, from level 80's to level 12's, and last night all of our very mature, outgoing people worked together to get AFTERMATH up and running in about 2 ours
We have, as of today:
1) One bank tab full of nice gear for everyone, bags, and a generous donation of gold
2) Our website is up and running and we are in full gear with posting and discussion at:
3) We have our ranks adjusted, new recruits have posted apps from Rexxar, and we had a blast last night helping those that rerolled through Deadmines and some Westfall quests
4) A 15 man Ventrilo server
5) we currently have 3 officers and 2 veterans in the guild that can invite. If you are interested and want a good natured mature guild think about checking us out
Secondly I did a very nerdy thing, nerdier than this blog post probably. I actually activated my Blizzard Authenticator AND going one step further added it to my keychain. I think this makes two statements:
1) I am truly an addict
2) I think its says to the whole community that yes I play World of Warcraft sure but I do practice safe WoW, and I know that turns all the ladies on and makes me look really responsible.
My friend Hicks joined me over there too. Being alliance has a plus factor for him in that he can actually FIND things in the auction house (I floated him a little cash to get started. NOTHING major) and he can make a human that gives him faction bonus. Looking at WoW, if you don’t raid or have perma heroic groups there is only one way to get nice gear: faction or tradeskills. Humans having a faction bonus is the primary reason I always make one. It is a true casual players dream.
I think the main issue is I just could NOT do it all over again. Having my tradeskills at grand master and doing some of the things I have done with that character are just something I did not want to do again. For the love of GOD he has 362 mining and is a grand master cook. He also has a high fishing skill. I am revered with every alliance capital, I am revered with Aldor. Do you honestly think I have time to do that again? I also like to tank. I like warriors. I have to play what I like or I will simply not be happy.
This warrior is the same one that was tanking Kara and heroics when my old guild fell apart and I stopped playing. Please reference last October and November for more info thanks.
Currently at level 70 I am still running what was considered “good” back before the expansion. I am at 12,884 Hp unbuffed and:
Resilience: 0. (who cares)
The ultimate goal for Hicks and I is this: he heals, I tank, we make our own groups.
Ok well I am out and have many things to do today. Take care all!