I think I may try my hand at starting a guild based off of WoW only players.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT: jason01070 [at] gmail.com
I also can give you the link to the boards we have up, but I want to make sure only interested people email me first at the above address.
I am going to post here to get some input from the WoW playing readers of this blog that may be interested in either re-rolling or transfering to where I am. I have the core things established already and a small forum up to discuss policies. This will be an alliance guild (sorry hordies!). Honestly faction will not really matter since we are not PVP oriented and more interested in leveling and getting into Wrath content. However that does not mean we WON’T PVP (such as it is in WoW) and you will not be forced to level quickly if you re-roll. My point is: if you want to group with mature people and not PUG anymore, then lets do something about it.
This is not a blogger guild, just to get that out of the way. While we will not be a hard core OMGZ raiding guild, we will be focusing on heroic 5 mans with the idea of adventuring into 10 man content maybe ONCE a week. If you do not play WoW exclusively (ok 80% of the time) or think you may get tired of it please do not consider joining. Some people have their own playstyles that fit certain guilds, others are looking for something else.
Again, I am looking for emails from people that play WoW as their primary game and want a fresh start with mature capable groupers and players. This is not a blogger guild. As such, comments will not be activated on this post. I will take direct emails only from those interested in wanting the information and jumping on board. I need about 2 more officers as well who will have the following duties:
1) handle in game invites (along with me) and if you invite please edit the notes if it is an alt or not. Assign the appropriate rank to the invite (recruit or alt)
2) Provide input on the guild and vote on decisions in the officer forum
3) provide input on applicants and perhaps talk to them in game and see if they would be a good fit
4) no need to recruit, but an officer should always be outgoing and MAYBE talk to someone if it looks like they have a good head on their shoulders and are not guilded. You never know
5) handle in game issues such as beggars, complaints, etc etc and post the issues on the boards in the officer forum to be discussed
That’s pretty much what I am looking for. Consistent play would help but I know the holidays are coming. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THE SOLE LEADER, I want to do a council system. As such I will need go getter individuals willing to help me out and make decisions with me.
I have all the time in the world. I do not care about level 80. I do care about people not being left out and ignored. I do care about getting everyone up to speed and having quality members. I don’t care if I run Deadmines 4 times a night with my 70 I just want to help and have fun.
General Requirements for membership:
- The “main” you plan on playing should be your main for now. Since we are starting off I would like to avoid an influx of 5 alts per member.
- Since we are an adult guild, you should be 18 or over (WE WILL MAKE EXCEPTIONS FOLLOWING AN INTERVIEW).
- A fairly consistent playtime
- Be a mature individual. Realize that newly formed guilds take time to blossom. Be willing to take your great level 70 plus character and help those that are lower level gear up in instances even though (OMG!) you may not even gain anything out of it but a slap on the back and a “thank you”.
- YOU MUST BE HELPFUL
- Be willing to have a microphone and log in and hang out with us on Ventrilo
I don’t think I need to go into the rest of my guild beliefs, but if you want to read them head over to my Guild Leadership 101 blog post from last year, which you can find here: