Ten Ton Hammer has an exclusive interview up with Bill Roper where he talks about grouping and the mechanics he wants to shoot for.
Following that line of thought, I got to my last question regarding grouping and specifically their "open mission" mechanic.
"It absolutely is! We did what every good developer does, saw something and went 'We should use that in our game!" He continues by explaining: "That is always the key to look at other games and say 'How do we make this work? What worked in the past?' This is perfect for the super hero theme." Warhammer's Public Quests were a core part of their mechanics, but would Champions rely on them as much? It doesn't sound like it, "I don't think it's the core of where all our stuff is focused. "
This leads me on to the fact that my buddies and I will be starting a Champions Online Superteam.
We need input, comic talk, movie talk and role players that will post character origins.
The Superteam will be named after our first World of Warcraft guild, and consist of older players. TITANS will be the name.
The site will be located here: http://champions.hudshideout.com
Our primary goals are FUN, a laid back mature environment to play the game, and no drama. Since this game is not to be as loot driven as most MMO's I think that the drama will be low and the community aspect high. Here are our goals starting out:
1) No drama whatsoever. This includes arguing about grouping, easily offended people that may take something out of context, or people that may tend to incite issues behind the backs of leadership rather than coming to us and discussing.
2) Minimum age of 21, unless friend or family of a current member
3) Laid back atmosphere with people that will not level cap in a week and rush to end game
4) If the future demands it, laid back "raid" times and no loot arguments due to mature discussion on the forums. Right now we are looking way down the road to be a Sunday night, Monday night type of end game guild. However that is so far away I am not even worried about
5) Members that visit the forums and treat the Supergroup as a community and not just another bunch of gamers they talk to once or twice a week. YES we want the comic book nerds, the roleplayers and the imaginaitve folk that will post fun topics and engage in conversation
6) We want members focused on this game and that will be active, but no hard core active. In fact we encourage alts.
7) We want people that will hang out in game and have fun.
8) The members will vote on the look of the SG. We want open discussion on this.
9) We will use Ventrilo voice chat. (already have the server actually)
10) We will have message boards and a site that anyone can visit and discuss comic book things with as well as the game