As non-founder (no elite status-player) I can say, that tera has a massive playing abilities including graphic,guilds,pvp,quests,mobs and exp.
However Tera f2p has a big negative for GM staff. The non-founder players are feeling disciminated since there is no controll at all over the chat.
Since the game became f2p I got a feeling that Gm´s don´t give a flying plankton about the society in the game.
Sadly Tera is not the first or the last MMORPG which stopped to care about players when it was forced to become f2p.
+ and - in sort for non -founders
+ Even though you did not have paid for VIP status, you have quite many possibilities open.
+ Free mount ( perma)
+ The price for armor/weapon in broker are quite balanced (wonder for how long).
+ Open chat options.
+ "Great combat System" ( adding from @Purutzil)
+ "Great Graphcis" ( adding from @Purutzil)
- Rude behavior of players mostly racism, discrimination expecially at non elite status players or players from Brazil or Europeans.(Focus on USA server)
(thiefs, nasty slurs and calling them by words I can´t publish here).
- GM´s are not online for controlling ingame society.( I am not even suprised)
- Some instances are limited.
- With no life status too fast leveling. Max lvl is 60 and to my friend it took not even 2 weeks to reach 50+ with regular plaing time 5-7 h/ day
- Engame gets boring if you are not on pvp server.
- If you hate plaing on low graphic don´t even DL it.
- Long dl / patch (mostly unstabile).
This is just my opinion of this game. I can´t deny that Tera has a beautifull graphic, however the society and GM ignorance discust me .
With love- NPD