No, this is not a review. Just a few comments:
1) I'm part of the horde without official forum access due to the fact that when EA accounts were disabled, and the accounts upgraded, they were never turned back on. This is annoying, but I can think of worse that I've gone through. In most MMO launches I can't even play for half of the first week!
2) PvP server ruleset is too unrestricted. Spawn camping abound. Players aren't to blame -- they're only doing what they're allowed to. Funcom is, finally, planning to give resurrection immunity.
3) Combat is intense, engaging and -- dare I say it -- fun!
4) A game company finally figured out that chopping up 3 easier-to-beat mobs is much more fun than taking on one really difficult mob. Hurray!
5) Lack of NPC voice acting after leaving Tortage? ... bummer, man.
6) Group mechanic is too empty. I can't even find my groupmates on the mini map.
7) Resource gathering is restricted to their own zones. ... mmmkay. There are good and bad parts to this, but I want to wait to judge.
8) Death penalty is surprisingly small
9) As a result of #8, long-distance travel is now not as long as you may think: Just die.
10) Trader NPCs NEED to be in. Quickly.
11) Crafting starts at 40. Hmm. Well, if armor continues to scale up as it has been, then it's no big deal anyway because you wouldn't make anything truly worthwhile.
12) Crafting's long-term effectiveness worries me, because items don't suffer from durability loss. I will reserve judgment until I see just how wide open the crafting is.
I started at 8am on Tuesday (Launch Day). Right now I'm only Level 20, but that's after two days of not playing at all due to a real life. I'm actually quite satisfied with how things have been so far, but from what I've seen, my skill and spell gains will slow down tremendously as I level from here on out.
It's entirely possible that I'll feel differently at 40 than I do at 20. I'll let you know.