Here are some random impressions from my 1st three days in TCoS
1st day: friday
- got the game from amazon on the day of the german launch (friday)
- i saw 4 servers, 2 international(pve/pvp), 2 german (pve/pvp) and decided on the international pve server.
- the server was practically empty probably due to the fact that most other countries only launch this friday dec. 5th
- i played a trickser (rogue) up to lvl 8 in around 6h
- there were a lot of quests to choose from and the game basicly seemed polished and bug free up to that point.
- i love almost every aspect: graphics, fighting system, customization, quest/story
- if you are new to the game and didnt play beta you have a ton of exploring to do since there arent any destination-marks for quests on your map
- i liked the exploring aspect. in contrast to war where i clicked thrue the quest text and ran to a red-area in tcos i actually read the well written quests and explored the are
- the zones are big compared to age of conan, maybe similar to war but a bit smaller then wow
2nd day: saturday
- still pretty lonely on the server, soloed almost all content
- i found my trickster rather squishy and the fights are pretty challenging. more then 1 mob my level left me to die/run a lot of times
- i was a bit frustrated because of the lack of information in the handbook concerning how to distribute my attributes, i felt i messed up when i put points in the body attribute as well
- i played my trickster to 10 now and started a "house quest"
- dying really hurts since you loose pep ranks, especially if its from ur own stupidity like jumping down a ladder
- since i was a bit frustrated with the trickster i started a bloodwarrior on a german server
- both german servers are pretty active. lots of chattering in zone chat, nice community, lots of ppl helping each others
- heared a friend bought the game at a local gamestore after some searching to find a store that carried it
- the bloodwarrior is a lot easier then the trickster it seems. even fighting 3 mobs at once i can survive
3rd day: sunday
- started a new char to play with my friend, a mage
- it seems you get full xp in group and its lots more fun
- once you did the quest and know where to go its a looot faster
all in all i like this game a lot.
sure its a smaller game but its a good start and has a solid base. i like the graphics a lot and after the 3 days the fighting and skilldeck building still feel fresh and innovative. also the different classes i played feel differently so i didnt mind doing the quests all over again.