Ok, so it's 2 am and I cannot sleep. As I laid in bed, my brain skipped from sex to bills to, of course, games.
I started thinking of playing a game. If I can't sleep at night it's easy enough to log into one of my games to help get me tired again. I just do some fishing, walk around...something calm and easy. Maybe go read a blog or two, or write a blog or two like I am now. As I lay there, my mind went to that Ten Muganiminmainami Tensaissai Imagine Online game (whatever it's titled) and I thought to myself: "Sluggish Combat."
So there ya go. I took a screenie of my desktop and assembled it at the bottom for you. Bear in mind that this is my nicer PC, so most of the freebie games are on my older PC. Also, there are some that have no shortcut on my desktop, like Free Realms and a few other browser based ones like Taikodem. This household holds something like 60 or 70 MMO's in it! I decided to go down the list and FORCE myself to only use two words to describe the game. I thought that I would use more, like a sentence, but decided to pick out the one main thing that sticks out about the game and to put it down. Of course two words won't do justice to most of these games, but let's see what I can come up with. First, I'll assemble the list, then write in the words.
1) Ghost X Global: Silly Action
2) Ryzom: Beautiful Natural
3) LotRO: Perfect Role-Playing
4) Ether Saga Online: Amazing graphics
5) Lively (now defunct, but I just couldn't delete it): Giant playground
6) Tales Runner: Forced 1024x768
7) Project Powder: Fast racing
8) Darkfall: Shadowy FPS
9) UO: Fun, Then
10) Mabinogi: More choices
11) Cities XL: Micromanagement, funnish
12) The Chronicles of Spellborn: Favorite art
13) Legends of Norrath: Addictive, cheap
14) Warhammer ( for some reason the shortcut is messed up. Did Leala delete it?) Nothing new
15) The Sims 3 (not an MMO, but still.) Creepy fun
16 ) Mass Effect: Kinda' slow
17) EQ2: Many choices
18) Vanguard: Immersive World
19:) Matrix Online: Original combat
20) EQ: Still slow
21) Star Wars Galaxies: Space under-used
22) Pirates of the burning Sea: Ships good
23) Planetside: Shallow fun
24) Guild Wars: Feels lonely
25) Second Life: Most potential
26) Dream of Mirror Online: Lovely cut-scenes
27) Runes of Magic: Ugly characters
28) City of Heroes: Perfect Customization
29)Aion: Ugly armor
30) NeoSteam: Confusing translation
31) Imagine: Sluggish combat
32) World of Warcraft: Real basic
33) Wizard 101: Simple, addictive
34) Free Realms: Guilty Pleasure
So, there ya go. It's harder than you think. And I have played all of these, and much more than just a glance, but to explain how I feel about them all would take a long, long time. Like a dream-image, this is what I feel. I listed Runes of Magic as having "pointy chins" at first. But do they HAVE pointy chins? I don't think so. Small mouths maybe? Point being that even though I have played it to level 15 or so, I can only think of the silly faces, tiny mouths and huge feet. Does that mean that the game sucks or that nothing is good about it? Maybe. I need to play it some more.
This goes to show that I cannot play just one game, ever. I don't even understand how Leala plays mainly only one game. It's kind of odd, really. I don't listen to one band, or watch one movie, yet I'm a film and music fan.