That's right, my birthday is this weekend, and I will be 35. It's a good year to ask myself why I continue to act the same as I did when I was 20, but I'll not be so hard on myself. After all, I have fun, and when I finally log out for the last time I can say for a fact that I had a very full experience.
How do I stay young at heart? (I'm pretending I'm not a grumpy old dude most of the time)
1) NO KIDS: That's right, no children, ever, never, forever. I told a lady the other day that me and the wife have always been on the very same page about not having kids, and she told me how sad it was. I assured her that it was not sad, but rather very happy because I save time, money and sanity.
2) Stay in touch with modern things: Technology, entertainment, politics, and (I wish) fashion. I watch the news, read a lot of books, talk to as many people as I can, and maintain friendships with people all over the world.
3) Playing lots of games: I play everything! The last thing I would do is play one game over and over, for a few years! If I wanted a second job, I would have a kid. Variety is the spice of life, as well as in your virtual one.
4) Love who you're with: I can honestly say that me and Leala actually like each other. We have fun together, we hang out, do things..you know, stuff that people that like each other do.
5) Exercise: I walk a few miles a day, do not smoke and rarely drink (anymore.) It's been proven that trying new forms of physical exercise can actually help your brain stay younger, being that you are asking it to form new pathways thanks to the new activities, so I try different things.
I used to tour with a band, smoke and drink and party, and used to stay up till 3am and sleep till noon. While that is something we all do when we are younger, it does not lend itself well to organizing yourself and getting things done. My art is a great stress reliever, as well as writing, and I didn't have time to draw or write before when spent all my time playing drums.
The idea seems to be to do as much as you can, and in as many different ways as you can. Explore, be open to new areas and types of people. Do things.
Other than that, I seriously feel better than I have ever felt in my life, physically and mentally. I don't know why, but it might have something to do with my imagination getting such a work out with these games!
Also, it helps to avoid changing diapers.