1. Transparency. Unlike that one guy who claimed to embrace it, CSE HAS embraced it. I have never, and fan boy aside I mean NEVER seen a company be so transparent with internal info. The honesty is refreshing. From missed goals and failed attempts to sick workers and failed polls we are seeing it all. Raw and gritty like a reality show that is real (unlike the scripted ones) MMO history is unfolding right before us.
2. PVP. Since I was a little Tierless I have oft dreamed of one thing; to play a game where I could explore foreign and unknown places, where upon I could meet strange and unique peoples, whom I could conquer and take resources from whilst I burn their culture to the ground for daring to be superior to my own. CU may be the first game to give me that humble opportunity and I don’t think I’m alone in my dreams. I think I dream a dream that is shared by millions, and the Tierless means MILLIONS, of MMO fans.
3. Crafting, the kind that makes crafters look at their crafter brethren and ask the question, “Do you even craft, bro”. Although details are limited CU is looking to have the kind of crafting that only SWG could ever compare to, and if you consider yourself a crafter but never crafted in SWG then I hate to be the one to inform you that you may infact NOT be the crafter you THOUGHT you were. That is just how good SWG harvesting and crafting was!
4. “where everybody knows, your name”. What I’m saying is CU is EXACTLY like that show cheers complete with a morbidly obese alcoholic guy that is nailed to a bar stool and smarmy secretly balding leading man that takes advantage of his boss's femininity...ok it’s not, not at all, not even close, not even a little. But, we are still at the point where we are big enough to have the game funded and on track but small enough to where YOU can have a voice. Be seen, be heard, be CU!
5. Mark Jacobs. If you look hard enough you can find just about any angle you wanna take on MJ but the reality is the evidence stacks one sidedly in favor of MJ being an honest, stand-up guy and I don’t think you could find one single founder who would say otherwise. MJ has continued to go to bat for the founders and given us far more sway and interaction than I ever thought we would have.
I could go on but 5 is such a sexy number I have to stop...for now...
Tierless Out (puts on sunglasses, jumps into topless Geo Metro, and drives off into the sunset)