1. Camelot Unchained - CU has been a game of it’s word so far, and as an old school kinda guy, I put a lotta stake in someones word. Things are on schedule. Things have been on par with what was said. That is all I ask of CU at this point. When the gameplay begins to take shape I’m sure we will have some ups and downs. Until then, as I always say, it’s been an incredibly fun ride.
2. Everquest Landmark - This one isn’t as gameplay deep as N BUT it has one HUGE advantage, 100% creative freedom! Exploration galore! I was skeptical but the more info I sponged the more SOE won me over. I once called it EQLandamark and while I still don’t like the paid alpha stuff I consider myself a mark! That Alpha drop on day two, legendary.
3. Everquest Next - What do I need to say? If you don’t know by now you don’t read things like MMO blogs. It sounds like GW2+Minecraft. FUN!
4. Gloria Victus - For some weird reason we never got UO2 but this might be close, do I need more reasons to be interested? How about the pre-alpha footage that reeked of old school MMO awesome? BAM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICRzBgx6SI
5. The Repopulation - I’ve been following this game FOREVER. At first it seemed like the spiritual successor to SWG, but it’s really come into it’s own. IMO this is the MMO that never gave up and keeps on progressing slowly but surely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOvmzd6bGHU
6. KEIPR Online - Goon Studios (the name scares me too). Shout out to Teala for turning me onto this one. http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala LOVE the graphics, LOVE the concept, can’t wait to hear more. Reminds me of cell shaded Star Wars of the Rings in a very good way!
7. TUG - It creeps me out in a Lord of the Flies kind of way...but it’s SO ambitious and SO crazy it has my attention because it’s too interesting not to look!
8. SWG 2 (or whatever that SWGish MMO SOE is doing is) I don’t care, he had me at “home”. Soe 2.0 has been making waves, sandboxxy waves, and impressing me. Cautiously skeptical but man oh man I want SOE to restore my faith and make this happen! Words can’t describe!
On the Radar:
Pantheon - I hope it does well but I’m more of a PVP guy /shrug.
The Elder Scrolls Online - LOVE Skyrim so I hope it’s similar but with MMO awesome and good PVP.
Wildstar - I liked WOW and think this game will snag a niche chunk of former WOWers that will love it. The housing and PVP have me interested.
WOW - always fun to watch WOW and see how it evolves (or fights evolution)
GW2 - Had some good times in GW2, always open for a return, if they give me a reason
EVE - This is THE MMO for spectating. LOVE reading EVE news. I tried to play it but I got stuck in the tutorial, I couldn’t figure out how to unlock door...