We are excited to finally reveal the details of our latest upgrade to WWII Online: Battleground Europe which will leverage version 1.5 of our proprietary UNITY 3D game engine. Currently in closed Beta testing and expected to be available for public testing this fall, v1.31 will include many visual upgrades, hundreds of new objects and major new features such as variable weather, rag doll physics and a new capture mechanic.
Some of the features, upgrades and new content planned for v1.31 include;
• Game engine performance improvements with upgraded shaders, normals and specular mapping
• SpeedTree Upgrade
- 1,000,000+ trees updated with new models and colliders
- Normal mapping and self-shadowing
• New Capture Mechanics
- Removal of tables and radios with new timers and capture start/stop feature
• Upgraded infantry movement, animation & rag doll physics
- Updated animation blending for smoother third-person movement
- Rag doll physics applied to infantry death animations including force push from explosions
- New idle animations including combat-ready pose
• Upgraded special effects including variable weather
- Updated character and vehicle shadows
- New tree and object shadows
- Updated fire and explosions
- Updated muzzle flashes and effects such as blood splatter
- Updated hit effects on materials
- Dynamic clouds/fog/lighting settings
- Rain effects
• New clutter system
- New clutter system including persistent grass fields
- New radial clutter system with grass/scrub clutter
• New and updated objects
- Ground and object textures
- AA, AT, AP emplacements
- Buildings including urbans, barns, bunkers, docks, railroad stations, windmills and many more
- Tree/bush clumps/berms
- Updated vehicles; Char, Bf109 E4, Spitfire 1a and Spitfire Vb
Along with these features and updates, we are moving to Shader 3.0 support which will require some players to upgrade their video card/processor in order to run the game. We will also be publishing new recommended system requirements in order to give anyone with an older system time to plan an upgrade. Watch for a special article on our website which will feature a PC "budget build" for v1.31.
During the closed Beta process we will be posting new screenshots and publishing several articles on the many new features. These will contain more details and provide an opportunity for player review and feedback. Keep your eyes on the website or subscribe to our news feed.
Early feedback from past and present players is overwhelmingly positive. We're very excited and looking forward to getting 1.31 released.
"It looks like a brand new game! Amazing job guys.
Any chance of a Welcome back soldier event when you release this beauty?" - Bongo12
"That is so not the game I played almost 2 years ago now!!!
Holy mother of all that's holy this makes me triple my efforts to get a new computer than can run this!" - Figgy
"CRS, you have simply outdone yourselves. This is amazing, the effects, the new terrain, the sky, everything. This is a new game this is the WWIIONLINE we have all been dreaming of a waiting for." Kenney
"i will be resubing ONLY because of this update...i will also get my 10 friends who previously played to resub..thanks rats" - Ratklr
"O MY GOD RATS YOUR ARE AWESOME...
Thats what i dream for ww2 online, you made it, thanks cant wait !!!!!" - Tokkers
"In my opinion this is probably THE SINGLE MOST JAW-DROPPING, EYE-POPPING UPDATE TO THIS GAME'S VISUALS I have seen. Beautiful. I can confidently say after seven years that the quality of this game's visuals finally matches the depth of its gameplay." - Xanthus