As an update to my last entry, I posted a thread about how CoH/V only had 15 dev staff on the official forum and it got quite a good response. Matt Miller aka Positron, Lead Developer of CoH/V, actually posted the full list of those 15 people. I've pasted it below, complete with a bit more on names and roles.
"1. Positron (Matt Miller - Lead Dev)
2. BAB (Back Alley Brawler aka Christopher Bruce - Animator/Visual Effects Artist)
3. Castle (Floyd Grubb - Powers Systems)
4. Ghost Widow (??? - Programmer)
5. War Witch (Melissa Bianco - Zone / Environment Design
6. Constellation replaced by Hero 1 (story bible)
7. JLove (Costume Design)
8. Ken Morse (Art Lead)
9. Nick replaced by Don Pham (environmental/3D artist)
10. Brett replaced by Graham (Programmer)
11. Blue Steel (design support)
12. Serdar replaced by Mynx (Producer)
13. Richard (AP/Build Engineer)
14. Aaron (Lead programmer)
15. Garth (who moved over to Core Tech before the acquistion)"
I don't know everyone's name, but it at least provides some insight into how many developers it took to keep CoH/V going as well as the roles they took. Of course, CoH/V was still being supported by NCsoft so they received the benefit of that, as well as people from other Cryptic projects coming on line as required, but I find it really interesting that the core team was so small. Not Matrix Online small, but still small.