For the past 20 days I have been playing Rift very casually. So casually that I'm only level 49, maybe for some that is normal play, for me, I've never played a game this casually. It's been sort of refreshing not racing to max.
This is something I could have done in SWTOR I suppose, especially being a Star Wars fan. It makes me feel like I judged SWTOR too harshly but oh well. I'm having fun in Rift, even with the lower than WOW population I can still afford to get the fastest level 50 mount even though I'm not 50 yet.
So far and without digging deep, Rift end level content has seemed somewhat of a mystery to me. There aren't people pugging in the equivalent of trade chat letting me know what raids are popular and there isn't a massive amount of item linking. This could also be due to the fact that the main chat channels seem segregated, possibly not allowing a "trade chat" scenario between inappropriate levels.
Closing Rifts are getting a little repetative but still enjoyable for now, It REALLY beats doing something like dailys, but you all already probably know all this so time to get down to the meat.
1. Female character models have nice asses especially when they are wearing something short and are swimming under water... it's hot, even compared to real life booty.
2. Character models look nice in general and so does the outfits / armors... in general.
3. Different crowd. I'm not going to say it's better than the WOW crowd but they seem different. So if you're looking for a different speed / type of community.
4. Everything seems convenient, you can have like 6 character specs if you have the gold / plat for it. That's stupid nice.
5. 1 / 7 people in Rift smoke weed, that only comes in handy if your a casual player, as dedicated players don't like to tolerate tom foolery.
MMO's are quickly becomming not my type of game, not my preferred genre. Even as a hold over game I'd much rather be playing high level single player RPG's, or gettting my _____ grinded down by a nice _____.
As a WOW replacement I think Rift will do though.