There was some free stuff on the main page of this site. Since it was free, why not. I downloaded the game and I'm actually impressed. I'm playing a pure crafter/merchant so here's my take so far.
- You can play a pure crafter/merchant - Basically the game is skill-based. So I have been learning all of the trades, just because I can. Its pretty straight forward: equip an axe, click a tree, start chopping, for example.
- Skilled based, of course. - You don't have to kill mindlessly to level your crafting.
- Player Stalls - Anyone can have a stall. In the last F2P, you needed to buy a permit from the cash shop to own a stall.
- Merchanting (I guess that's a word) - You can go from coast to coast buying low and selling high. There's even a popular item, that changes every hour and you get experience and a money bonus if you sell an item when its popular.
- Quick loading zones - When I needed to change zones, it happened very quickly. I was pretty impressed.
I actually had more pros, but I lost them in my first write up and I closed that window by accident.
- Lots of typos and mistranslations - Grr...one of my top dislikes about foreign games.
- Rubber-banding - I can't walk/run for 3 secs without rebounding. I don't know if its my computer or the game. Every other game runs smoothly for me, so through the process of elimination...
- Seabattling sucks - well to me, since I have no freaking clue what I'm doing.
- Combat seems out of place. - Again, that's my take. I'm so used to playing a necromantic orc that hunts bunnies, that when I do it in a realistic setting as a pirate/trader, it seems compeletely wrong.
- Gathering is boring - I even read on the forums that you can just go AFK while mining/lumberjacking. Farming is the same way, plant, then come BAK in 20 mins to harvest.
- Materials are boring - There's no really exploration to it or even the experience of finding new stuff. You can cut the same tree and get all types of levels of stuff. Plus, you can just go to the Suburbs of whatever city and within you shall find your gathering nodes.
- The UI is crappy and boring - If I had any clue how to make addons, this would be my first project. The text is hard to read in the chat. When you have new messages, the tabs flash quickly and annoyingly (if that is even a word and I really hope so since I use it often) The menus look dated and plain. Man, don't get me started.
- No player housing. - Again, something personal. I don't know why I need this in a game. But you do get to own several ships and dye them. :)
So far, I do like the game and I'm looking forward to playing it alittle more. I didn't know it was once a game called Voyage of the Century (I think that's it) and I see Frogster's name on it. I'm not sure what's up with that. Anyway, that's it.
Thanks for reading.