Time flies and it’s now been more than 2 years since I wrote the first line of code of Golemizer. There’s a lot of things I’d like to say about it (and will) but for now here’s 10 interesting facts about this project of mine. If you’d like to find out more by yourself just go to www.golemizer.com!
If you're after top of the line 3D graphics then it's obviously not for you but if you're looking for a rich sandbox MMO you're at the right place!
1. Almost everything you see in Golemizer can be crafted by players (houses, clothes, golems, furniture, tools, …).
2. Since it’s release on September 2008 players have crafted more than 2 million items.
3. There is over 26,000 zones to visit in the world of Golemizer (houses, cities, dungeons, islands, …).
4. While Golemizer surely wasn't the first MMO to allow players to create quests (for instance Ryzom Ring in 2006) it did so before the Architect system of City of Heroes for which the hype was claiming it was the first MMO to allow that.
5. Players have created so far over 3,000 quests (all quests must be approved by me or the GMs so you won't find quests built only for farming XP or loot).
6. You can receive directions to find every quests in the game through the GPS system.
7. Players can add voice-over to their quests by inserting a link to a YouTube video (video is not actually shown so you only get the sound).
9. It would take over 1 year to train all 230 skills available to players. Learning a skill cost time points that you gain every hour so you never have to grind! It’s a bit similar to the system found in EVE Online.
10. Without any real marketing more than 36,000 players have registered an account on Golemizer.