New big (and I mean Big) update for Istaria.
- Crafting before: mostly needed 2 metal ores to make 1 metal bar. Example: you needed Nickel and Cobalt to make Cobalt
- Crafting after update: you need only one ore. Example: you need Cobalt to make CObalt. Nickel has been renamed to "Dark Iron" and is a source of Steel.
- Results after update: rejoicement of crafters, many people are happy.
Combat also experienced some major improvements.
- changed social behaviour of some monsters. Most of them are made NON social. My Oastics are no more social ones, which means lower level players may attack them with less risk to be killed. On the contrary, some Wolves were made social;
- changed Dragon rite of passage: now all monsters are "in different locations of the Northern desert";
- Bloodmage adventure [combat] school has been changed to gain more positive revamps.
Some new quests introduced. Needless to say, Istaria offers big number of quests and now there are at least 11 more. Also, some improvements were made, like teleportation landing pads on several usefull locations (less running), NPC relocation. From what I read - all improvements would be usefull.
As it is big update, it took all last day, so I was unable to log in and check. Today, players are reporting problems with servers and asking developers to take some action. I believe, it would be corrected before I return from my work so I would be able to play my favourite Istaria.
I am looking forward to craft, craft and craft. As I am level 81 Weaponsmith, level 74 Miner - I need very little to achieve magic level 100 in at least Weaponsmith school. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to report all my experiences in this blog.