Lord of the rings online
Left Angmar (it is not that bad if grey…) to take part in Lotro 6th anniversary. Got a present – 4 fireworks and fired them.
Anniversary takes place in Northern gates of Bree and offers some quests:
- Gifts. Bring gifts to various NPCs – Bree, Combe, Michel Delving, Thorins hall, Bree again.
- Racing: race with special Anniversary horse/ponny and win the racw within given period of time. There are 2 races – in Bree and near Michel Delving
- Envelope crysis: find envelopes around Bree, get 6 invitations.
- Locate perfect spots for fireworks in Bree.
- Fire different fireworks in territory between Thorins Hall and Rivendell.
Players report beer-fighting takes place in my native Thorins Hall: cannot confirm this one. Lotro official site states monsters may drop some type of tokens one could exchange into gift boxes.
Some quests are single-use, some (mentioned there) – repeatable. I cancelled envelope and “perfect spots” quests just because Bree was over-crowded by players and it was impossible to catch flying envelope (it flies faster than I could ride) or find a “perfect spot” – just because somebody with faster mount used spot before me. Rides are problematic too: one has to know race territory perfectly and know exact timing: when to jump, when to turn; one mistake, race failed.
However, rewards are some kind of promising: 40 tokens – Firework horse, +62 speed and 250 health. There is other mount, cheaper and equal to standard pony. Also player can buy some maps, from Moria to Angmar.
Overall – activities are worth to try, but only when player activity is lower than 75% of server capacity…