Something historic is happening at this very moment. I am watching a live feed for a protest that is occurring in Eve Online that re protesting against high prices for micro transactions that were introduced.
Here is a break down taken from the message boards=
Exchange Rate: 3500 AUR = 1 PLEX = $17.50 = 400 mil isk at Jita (New Eden main trade hub).
- Looking Glass Ocular implant – 12k AUR -> 3.5 PLEX -> $61.25 ->1.4 Bil ISK
- Men’s ‘Sterling’ Dress Shirt – 3.6k AUR -> 0.97 PLEX -> $16.97 -> 388 Mil ISK
- Women’s ‘Sterling’ Dress Blouse – 3.2K AUR -> .91 PLEX -> $16.00 -> 364 Mil ISK
- Men’s ‘Comando’ Pants – 3k AUR -> .85 PLEX -> $15 -> 340 Mil ISK
- Women “Impress” Skirt – 3.6k AUR -> 0.97 PLEX -> $16.97 -> 388 Mil ISK
- Women’s ‘Sterling’ Dress Blouse P – 4.4k AUR -> 1.25 PLEX -> $22.00 -> 504 Mil ISK
- Men’s ‘Precision’ Boots – 1k AUR -> 0.28 PLEX -> $5.00 -> 112 Mil ISK
- Women’s ‘Greave’ Knee-Boots – 2.4K AUR -> 0.68 PLEX -> $12.00 -> 272 Mil ISK
There are no political parties involved. No religions and no borders. It is sheer freedom to express one’s self as a paying customer. It is the last stand for Eve Online players that will make or break the game based on CCP’s reaction to the players. I have stated before that gamers have a voice and we can exercise it by our own actions. The fact that bans may result from this will only encourage gamers to leave Eve Online in the hundreds. I am hoping CCP does not do this.
The days of referring to gamers who pay with their money as fans may need to change. These fans are buying customers. And like all markets the bubble could burst. CCP will either take the fall like SOE sadly did years ago or will either listen to their customers and win their hearts like they have done in the past. I just hope that an amazing studio like CCP does not repeat mistakes made by SOE years ago and ignore the majority of Eve Onlines customers.
Edited: Almost 10% of online players are protesting right now.