I'm just going to leave this here.
Group play upsides:
- not feeling "alone" all the time
- better rewards
- more laughs
- healers always get invites
Group play downsides
- separate schedules
- "c'mon man, one more run"
- greedy gretchen loot-hoggery
- superfast players and struggling to keep up
- waiting for a healer/tank/dps (oh wait...I'm dps, lol!)
Solo play upsides
- I can /log /afk /read /take a phone call /etc anytime
- "No, I don't want to run that dungeon 80 time until your get your item and then its "gtg"
- not feeling guilty when you "gtg"
- "It's mine all mine!"
- No begging for heals in public chat
Solo play downsides
- "I'm playing a social game...alone?"
- I'mma solo this boss what me.....(x.x).....ok, Imma get him this time!
- Your crafted loot is crap
- You play a healer and getting pwned because your dps/tanking sucks
Pick your poison.