I have many friends that play different games and lately I have been getting reports from my friends that play Aion, that many NCSoft accounts have been hacked. One report from the Aion Online forums here.
It seems that keyloggers are exploiting an unknown system to get players usernames and passwords. They have been witnessed by fellow legionairres that they will log on and change your password. After that they walk straight up to an NPC and sell all over your gear and I guess send the Kinah out to whatever account they want to.
This is unacceptable!
But there are a few ways to protect your account:
- Keeping your user name and password to yourself; never sharing your password with others, including NCsoft staff.
- Using good judgment on how you communicate in-game and out-of-game.
- Protecting your computer system from being accessed by others (hacked).
- Protecting your computer system from viruses.
Taken directly from the NCSoft Support FAQ.
I got a call this morning from a good friend telling me she lost her account to a hacker. But what she did to protect herself was take screenshots of all her gear and her banked equipment. Also take pictures of your Stigma stones also.
I have reports that NCSoft has been restoring accounts and replacing certain parts of gear. Some people have had their accounts restored in 48 hours, some it took over a week. Unfortunately they have been overwhelmed of reports of hacked accounts and are working diligently to get things resolved I am told.
If you have found your account to be hacked follow these steps:
- 1. Be patient, it took me 1 week + for a reply, and it doesn't matter how many petitions you put in.
- 2. Have ALL information ready for when they ask you, these can include serial keys accounts, character names etc.
- 3. Don't be alarmed if you find your AION account banned, it was probably due to Gold Sellers using your acocunt to advertise.
- 4. Be respectful, when you send E-Mails and petitions remember these are people you are talking to, and as much as you are pissed off they are only human.
- 5. Since your account got hacked there is a chance you may have a keylogger, so make sure to either scan or do a FULL reformat like i did to minimise the risk of your account being re-stolen.
Hopefully this problem can get resolved quickly before it's starts having a negative effect on the entire Aion community.