Ever wanted to become a tattoo artist? In IRE's MUD of Achaea, you can do just that! Unlike our world, within Achaea, tattoos are not just beautiful works of art. No, they are an outright necessity for combat, hunting, and safety. There are many different tattoos one can get, most of which are not permanent (though they can be made permanent through another process). Each tattoo holds a special power, some of which are always activated, and some which need to be activated.
No needles needed here! In Achaea, the art of tattooing is an old one, practiced by ancient Tsol'aa. Using dried powders formed from various berries and roots, a tattoo artist can swirl the inks and imprint them upon any body part that you wish. With training, more spots on the body can be imprinted with tattoos, and an adventurer can learn to tattoo their own body!
So, what are the kinds of tattoos available? Let's take a look:
HELP TATTOO lists these:
- Firefly Light up your surroundings.
- Moss Automatically reduce your bleeding.
- Feather Attain the lightness of a feather and levitate.
- Shield Protect yourself from most attacks.
- Mindseye See while blind, hear while deaf.
- Hammer Shatter another's shield.
- Cloak Protect yourself from summonings.
- Bell Be warned when there are those spying on you.
- Crystal Heal yourself of all your wounds.
- Moon Regeneration of mana through the power of light.
- Starburst The power of the stars provides immediate resurrection.
- Boar Feel the noble blood of the Black Boar beat in your veins.
- Web Snare another in a sticky web.
- Tentacle Call the tentacles of Shimite to rip someone from the sky.
- Hourglass Send the sands of time to put your victim to sleep.
- Brazier Summon another to you.
- Prism Walk on prismatic shards of light.
- Tree Heal yourself with the tree of life.
- Megalith Partake of the determination of the megalith.
- Ox Endurance flows through the spirit of the Ox.
- Chameleon Change your identity to the casual observer.
- Superscribe Hold two tattoos on each body part.