Hello, I am Borme, You haven't heard of me, But, I've Been around, I've Created Blogs on many sites so, I can get my Thoughts out. The Main Site Is http://lffmmo.blogspot.com/ But, You'll get Posts on the Site you found this on.
Here is 10 Things I wish more MMOs had, In order to establish a Profile of Who I am as a Gamer.
10. A well thought out lore. I hate it when you are plopped down in a world with no idea where you are, What you are doing there , or Why the Heck the Cows hate you so darn much!
9. Things to do outside of Combat. Sometime, I wonder who Enjoy just grinding all day long. When Did Grind become Fun? Things like, Racing Mounts,Fishing, Crafting..Is it so hard to have a Little Fun in an MMO?
8. A Good Crafting System. Crafting alone is good, I enjoy making armor for myself, But, Why don't give Exp for it? Would it be too hard?
7. Different sever types. I don't mean, "PvP" Or "RP" severs, I mean, "Casual" and "Hardcore" And "Kid-friendly" and "Mature only" That way the little kids with the whinny voices can stay out my Game..
6. Choices within the Game. Is it hard to add in that a Player Can Be Good or Evil? I am Always the good guy, But, can't be have the Choices to rob the Caravan instead of Defend it?
5. A Real Battle going on! Many MMOs have a Faction vs Faction Game play, Or like LotRO, The Forces of sauron are everywhere, So Why not Towns Be Attacked by NPCs?
4. Environmental Effects. Many Games say they have Weather but, that is not what I'm talking about. An Earthquake that acutely effects everyone! A Really Bad storm that destroys a Harbor, You now have quests to rebuild the harbor. You get faction Rep and Some Barter Items.
3. Ingame events! A duke summons everyone in the zone to his side, and a Dragon appears and Everyone has to fight it, but, there is a Twist, You can chose to fight the duke instead, Who ever wins has control of the zone.
2. Fun Little Things. A Reference to Star Wars in the Form of an NPC named Luke Skymocker. Or a evil boss named Dr. Horrible. Perhaps you kill a toad and get turned into a Toad as result.
1. Updates for all levels! Many MMOs give player High level zones to play in, But, never new Lower level zones. Why?