Majestic Humans, towering Orcs, seductive Moon Elves – ArchLord's races revealed.
See the Humans, Orcs and Moon Elves in the new Races video, now available at www.archlordgame.com
Codemasters Online Gaming today reveals details on the playable races featuring in ArchLord, the much-anticipated MMORPG where one player will rule the world.
ArchLord will feature three distinct races, each with their own unique skills and abilities: the majestic Humans, the towering Orcs and the seductive Moon Elves. Each race has various sub classes: the Human race features Mages, Knights and Rangers, while Orcs have Hunters, Berserkers and Sorcerers. The Moon Elf classes include Rangers and Elementalists.
ArchLord has recently witnessed an explosion of interest with over 800 fan sites registering online. When the Beta test sign-up began, over 20,000 player applications were made within the first within two hours. ArchLord’s game world, Chantra, is set to be a heavily populated one, so prepare to decide where your allegiance will lie.
Having broken away from their Orc masters, the Humans form a noble race forging a new life in the game’s magical world of Chantra.
- The Knights are brave warriors famed for their melee skills. They display great loyalty to comrades and those who employ them and a fierce determination in battle.
- The Archers provide ranged support in battle with powerful arrow based attacks and speed.
- The Mages are renowned for their goodwill and desire for betterment. The Mage is not to be underestimated by their diminutive size; they control powerful magic and can take down towering enemies.
The Orcs have occupied Chantra for many years and once considered themselves the eldest race on Chantra.
- Few rise to be a Berserker, an esteemed position that requires both great strength and a flare for magic – a devastating combination when in battle.
- The Hunter, with excellent night vision and stamina, provides excellent reconnaissance and support skills to any group.
- The Sorcerer is one of the most sociable characters in Chantra, but possess devastating powers being able to master rituals and curses alike. They always run the risk of being tainted by the darkness they have been forced to embrace.
The Moon Elves
The Moon Elves watched over Chantra for a long time before revealing themselves. Through their caution, only two classes chose to step into the world: the Ranger and Elementalist.
- The Ranger is widely recognized as the most well rounded of all the ranged attack classes, with an ability to traverse any terrain, and devastating speed.
- The Elementalist makes great use of the many powerful summons they are blessed with. They are able to use these summons in battle, more than making up for their lack of physical strength.